Author Topic: The Zoogooz Hackusation  (Read 23733 times)

RoyalBlood

• VM-68
Re: The Zoogooz Hackusation
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 03:45:15 PM »
Sticking my pretty face in here to give some old school knowledge :)

I don't play anymore and, as such, dont follow the clan and player developments these days.  However, I can comment that some players and clans have a long reputation of being cheaters.  Zoogooz and RR in general (due to a few players) has that negative reputation.  I have experienced first-hand certain things that led me to believe that he cheats sometimes, but of course that is hard to prove.  Its my word against his.  So if there is a demo now that shows certain things that suggest cheating, it's easier to judge him a cheater.  The point is, make sure you are looking at the demo objectively and take into consideration these other things before deciding his fate.

Also another important thing to remember is that cheating does not make someone a better player.  Just because someone plays better or has a better score does not mean they must be cheating.  Likewise, just because someone who you think is cheating doesn't have a good score does not mean he isn't cheating.  The fact that they are cheating only makes them have an unfair advantage over other players, which they may or may not be good enough to actually use to their advantage.

Also consider the source of who is doing the accusing.  Not to suggest anything on this particular matter, but as I am watching from the outside these past few months, I have to laugh at the whole thing, because some of the people getting outed are guys who I could have told you were likely cheaters and at the same time, there are some accusers who I wonder if they are guilty themselves and are just trying to deflect their guilt on someone else.    It's all very amusing.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 03:51:22 PM »
No, you didn't create this thread, digi.  I just split it from another thread because it was getting way off topic.

Forcing demos when the server is passworded is a good idea.

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 03:58:03 PM »
lol.. RB was that a subliminal shot at me? ;)

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 04:00:40 PM »
He did see blitz there before he went under, however the 5 seconds or so he was under there blitz could have moved very far away. In fact, if i had been in zoogooz position at that time, i'd probably be looking to my side to see if blitz comes and hits me under there, not staring directly at the bridge directly at blitz. Of course this didn't happen and blitz stayed in the same spot. The point is that theres no way zoogooz could have known that without a wallhack or, of course, fast voice recon. I am just of the opinion that a wallhack better explains zoogooz staring directly at the bridge in the perfect direction at blitz, and it explains his almost perfect aim when coming out from under the bridge (inference to the best explanation).

I don't find that to be my strongest point though and don't really want this thread to digress into it. I'd rather people discuss my point about not spraying.

In response to RB, we've offered more times than i can count on two hands and two feet to let anyone and everyone demo us whenever.

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »
Agreed DT. NO ONE in DP would stare at the bridge like that. Instead of looking to the sides, where you can easily be hit from, he looks at a blank piece of wood? Yeah, ok. lmao. Only reason not to look to the sides is if you know no ones there, which of course he did because blitz was clearly on flag when looking through wood. X-ray cat.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2006, 04:23:03 PM »
Well, like I've argued before, ghosting/dead-man recon is effectively the same thing as wallhacking.  It's not as accurate, but it accomplishes the same goal.  While I agree staring at the bridge is pretty sketchy, all he would need to know he's safe is for somebody to say "he's still on the flag."

I'll have to watch the demo again, but spraying in general is a dead giveaway to your location.  Just because you would spray in a given situation doesn't mean other people would.  I personally tend to wait until I hear a player coming before shooting.

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2006, 04:28:16 PM »
Zoo played the same as we did until the day he started wallhacking. There isn't one good player in DP who doesn't spray, unless they're wallhacking. Zoo always sprayed. Been playing with him for so long.

Also, why would he be sitting there worrying about giving away his position when he KNOWS everyones reconning and we clearly know where he is. He's gonna sit there directly in middle and not spray? Lmfao.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 04:54:13 PM by digi »

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2006, 04:29:36 PM »
Think about it though. In the situation im talking about its 1on2 (zoogooz being the 1). One of our guys has their flag in a close match. He's being reconned that they're both coming out main (because they are). Yet, he never sprays one side. That means, if he wasn't wallhacking, each person would have an equal chance at hitting him, especially when hes distracted by the other. Who would want to risk that? Instead you could just spray one side, either hit the guy going out that side or at least cause him to not run out then possibly take care of the other one. Either way, spraying is a much better idea in the situation if you arent wallhacking. I guarentee you 99% of the experienced dp players, playing hellsurvivors (in a close match), would be spraying at least one of the routes if not frantically spraying both. Of course if you are wallhacking, you wouldnt want to give away your position, just observe your enemies.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2006, 05:52:04 PM »
But you did veer it off topic with some accusations with no proof (at first).  :)

Ok so someone hacked, Digi acts like he is 13 old virgin and I am clueless. Whats changed? What i dont understand is why the devolpers have not caught any of this. Or are you rehashing old stuff that is dead?

Most of us dont spend our day stressing over who is a better player and or clan. We have lives outside of IRC.

Its as if you have majored in sucking the fun out of a blow job.

This whole thread is a joke.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 06:01:04 PM »
All i can say is i am desperately searching for some sort of context within this thread in which what you just said, loial, makes sense. I can't say that i'll be able to find one.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2006, 06:09:42 PM »
Perhaps he's asking why, if zoogooz has been a known hacker for so long, this wasn't brought up until you lost?

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2006, 06:12:06 PM »
Ok, Im not taking any sides here. Cause I honestly don't care at all. But the couple times my old clan [eXT] played xB ZooGooZ seemed realllyyyyy obvious. Im not just saying that. I always thought he was good ever since I first started, but when I actually cammed him and watch him with no way of voice recon hit my team so perfect with exact timing, made me wonder. :-/

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2006, 06:14:28 PM »
Hmm context. Oh well you see what you want to see. My target audience is not you.

1.  DIGI veered the orginal thread off topic.
2.  Same thing each day. Nothing changes.
     a. Someone cheats
     b. Digi is acts like a penis
     c. I am clueless as to why jitspoe has or can not catch wallhacks via check sums.
3. Most of us dont stess about being number one, to the point of acting like an ass.
4. You tend to over complicate matters to the point of it not being fun. For example "Loial she is not sucking your penis correctly, I can do better."
5. This thread is a flaming sexually promiscuous person of a joke.

Better?

*typical avoidence. 

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2006, 06:17:41 PM »
Perhaps he's asking why, if zoogooz has been a known hacker for so long, this wasn't brought up until you lost?

We haven't played zoogooz in a while. Nothing to bring up until now. There's obviously no point of accusing or bringing it up if everyone will just say "you need proof".

Loial: Why do you talk about me 24/7? I don't even consider you a part of this community. That should be enough for you to not talk about me. But I'm flattered. *blush*.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2006, 06:17:55 PM »
For jits reconstruction of loials post, i reply, first, when he was back in krew we were much more focused on ganja because ganja was so blatent and he was usually the krux that allowed them to win with his wallhack. We all suspected zoogooz but didnt care. In addition, back then, nothing could ever be done about a wallhacker. No one banned people from servers, especially GT. Since the time of global banning (build16) i believe we've only played xb in a recreational match once which was this most recent time. Usually they refuse to play us. Since we can actually get something done by exposing hackers now (i.e. getting them globally banned) it's worth the time and effort to expose them. That is why we haven't brought this up until now.

"This thread is a flaming sexually promiscuous person of a joke. "

I don't get this. How is a flaming sexually promiscuous person a joke?

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2006, 06:21:32 PM »
delete this post.
lol

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2006, 06:37:53 PM »
loial: Things change.  There have been a number of cheaters caught and banned.  Cheat detection is probably the most difficult aspect of game development.  What I have is not perfect, but it improves with each new version.  I have limited time and resources.  Even if I come up with the best cheat detection possible, it's useless unless server admins enforce version checks.  On that note, did anybody happen to catch what build zoogooz was using?

Sanchez

• PGP
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2006, 06:38:54 PM »
How come if you're so anti-hackers, you recruit Ruddy, who has recently been found out, and Jake, who I think also used an aimbot? It seems a little contradictory. I'm not starting a flame or anything, I just don't see the argument when your clan recruits known cheaters.

And also, where's the ZoogooZ vid?

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2006, 06:41:23 PM »
Its a joke Taco becuase its was about xsv not e3rrt vs xb vs rust untill someone split it. Truth

LOl "especially GT" you ment "GT...and e3rrt servers" How do you think I met Ganja? Truth

Digi, You never act like an ass mostly? Well perhaps had any class to your sportmanship than perhaps I would have nothing to talk about. Truth

Cheating = Bad sportmanship . Opinion.

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2006, 07:02:28 PM »
eeEEeerrRrrrrtTTtt servers, as you so moronicly like to call them, clearly had ganja banned for life once he was caught. We are the only server that took action against him.