Author Topic: Servers  (Read 3623 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
Servers
« on: March 12, 2010, 09:24:10 AM »
So, my team has been debating on buying servers and still are. 1 of them has already stated he can pay and whatnot, but if/when we get them up, I was wondering who would be able to help us set them up?

If you know alot about setting up servers and that stuff, and are willing to help out, could you tell me how I could contact you whenever we get around to buying the servers. kthnxbai.

Santader

• VM-68
Re: Servers
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 03:28:52 PM »
kyuchi is clever guy (rlly guy?)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 04:40:44 PM »
So, my team has been debating on buying servers and still are. 1 of them has already stated he can pay and whatnot, but if/when we get them up, I was wondering who would be able to help us set them up?

If you know alot about setting up servers and that stuff, and are willing to help out, could you tell me how I could contact you whenever we get around to buying the servers. kthnxbai.

I'm pretty sure Cameron would help you out.

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 06:30:52 PM »
i can help you out if you get them in a Linux environment .

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 10:16:45 AM »
Thanks to Cameron we now have 1 server set up, [No rotations or match servers as of yet] but he left me a pm telling me he'll do that all later. Anyways, once all the servers are set up, which most likely will be today or tmrw i'm assuming, who can help out with an IRC match script?

'Not sure if Cameron can make a match script cause I have not asked him yet, but just incase he can't, who else knows how?

Check your pings! The servers current name is: [FR4G]Gaming Public

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 01:03:48 PM »
Good location, I ping 20-25

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 02:58:34 PM »
Where did you buy them from? As in, what site?

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 03:03:13 PM »
Thanks to Cameron we now have 1 server set up, [No rotations or match servers as of yet] but he left me a pm telling me he'll do that all later. Anyways, once all the servers are set up, which most likely will be today or tmrw i'm assuming, who can help out with an IRC match script?

'Not sure if Cameron can make a match script cause I have not asked him yet, but just incase he can't, who else knows how?

Check your pings! The servers current name is: [FR4G]Gaming Public

I think I ping 240ish. And uh, I think Henrod has an iRC script, but I think he's away for 5 or so more days.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 03:12:26 PM »
Kyuuchi- I wasn't on when Vanity ended up buying them, all I know is Cameron found the host and set them up. He's planning on putting up 3 match servers tonight. I have a pm from Cameron with multiple different sites but I have no idea which they went with. If you get on IRC sometime tmrw I will let you know.

Rick- Didn't expect you to ping good at all since it is east coast :) Butttt from what I can remember you pinged 240+ on every server so it's nothing worse then normal.

I'd like to know what some west coasters are pinging. Most eastcoasters range from 15-50, and I've asked a few euros which ranged from 120-180.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 03:19:26 PM »
Chicago is central, not east coast.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 07:10:07 PM »
im on the west coast i ping 70-80 i would expect the people from cali ping a little bit better then what i do.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 11:05:23 PM »
Rick- Didn't expect you to ping good at all since it is east coast :) Butttt from what I can remember you pinged 240+ on every server so it's nothing worse then normal.

Well, it's still 20-30 above my normal ping, (40-50 more if on westcoast). Doesn't ping also rely on the routing of the isp?(Just asking :D)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 05:09:02 AM »
Well, I don't think I have time for the match servers tonight.  Honestly, the way these guys setup a VPS is a pain.  No GUI to start with, once I got that running (2-3 hours) the keyboard mapping was and still is entirely messed up.  Trying to fix it, but tomorrow night I should be able to put em up, I just end up having to relay text between my website since its impossible to type :P.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 09:02:23 AM »
Well, I don't think I have time for the match servers tonight.  Honestly, the way these guys setup a VPS is a pain.  No GUI to start with, once I got that running (2-3 hours) the keyboard mapping was and still is entirely messed up.  Trying to fix it, but tomorrow night I should be able to put em up, I just end up having to relay text between my website since its impossible to type :P.

GUI? If you installed X11 for a paintball server I will strangle you :P

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 01:45:34 PM »
GUI? If you installed X11 for a paintball server I will strangle you :P
Ok then, your turn :).  Suggest how I should do it then how I should set it up, so that these guys can come into the server, change config files quite easily without having none-very little linux experience at all, retrieve log files, reboot servers, etc.

Oh and btw, I don't even know whats installed on that server.  There was nothing installed on it originally.  Couldn't even 'ls' or 'dir' in an ssh connection :\.

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 09:55:22 PM »
maybe its windows .......
no ls ? and its not dir its cd. ssh you prob need to start ssh it is something like service ssh or sshd start

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 03:19:20 AM »
Actually it is dir.  ls and dir are basically the same thing.  I just didn't state CD because I couldn't ls in the first place anyway, and had no idea where I was at the time, but thats fixed anyway.  And I'm sure its linux, I connect via TightVNC or using RealVLC Viewer, and I see ubuntu :).  I believe I have an idea of manually remapping via the ssh connection, so I'm gonna give that a go.  I'll also put up the match servers tonight if I get around to it.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 01:34:13 AM »
I want to celebrate.  I'm surprised I managed to fix the keyboard.  Can't get it to start up with X, annoying, but I doubt the server will need rebooting that much.  Finaalllyyy.  Putting match servers up now.

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 10:38:41 PM »
if u start x please hit head against wall :[ starting x means you failed at doing it the proper way.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 11:19:14 PM »
Starting X makes it more manageable for people who don't know much about linux.  Starting X successfully runs the servers.  I know how to run them otherwise.  If I was starting servers for myself, I wouldn't bother with X.