Author Topic: Best Movies Ever  (Read 9511 times)

blaa

• Autococker
Re: Best Movies Ever
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 02:24:36 PM »
star wars

JUICEY

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 03:06:42 PM »
American Gangster
"I now pronounce you chuck and larry"

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 03:28:09 PM »
2012 was quite possibly one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

In fact I could say that about a lot of the movies I've seen on this apparent best movies thread. :S I think joox and eugenics are the only ones who have legitimately posted all GOOD movies.

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 05:09:05 PM »
We all know what movies are going to be on the Best Movie List. Forest Gump, Braveheart, Casablanca, Godfather...... Could go on for days. I move that this thread be abandoned for a new thread titled "Movies you may never hear of that you NEED to see". I've begun compiling my list already. Alert me when the thread is open.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 12:39:01 AM »
What does that list include Henrod?

Birth of a Nation
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
La Grande Illusion
8 1/2
Tokyo Story
Wild Strawberries
The Seventh Seal
The Battleship Potemkin
Citizen Kane
Metropolis

Those are movies that everyone should see but I doubt 99% of the people on this board have even heard of most of them. Many people don't give silent films or foreign films a chance. Some people won't even watch a movie in black and white (ignorant).

There is however many important movies  that are also commercially successful (Godfathers, Cuckoos Nest, anything Kubrick). Do you want a list of really obscure movies that helped create the modern film industry or movies like 12 Angry Men or All the Presidents Men, which were popular movies but have seemed to be forgotten as times gone by.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 05:48:02 PM by nightryder »

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 12:52:00 AM »
Airplane!
Training Day
Man on Fire
National Security
District 9
Armored
SWAT
The People Vs Larry Flynt
Rudo y Cursi
Stealth
The Hangover
Donnie Darko
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 02:35:47 AM by Spook »

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 12:53:58 AM »
lol your list lost all credibility as soon as i saw avatar spook

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 02:35:55 AM »
Fixed.

JUICEY

• VM-68
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 08:47:50 PM »
Haven't seen 2012 yet but the trailer really gave me the idea that it was going to be a good movie.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 09:55:30 PM »
It lies.

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2010, 09:26:31 AM »
memento
the prestige
road to perdition
Glengarry Glen Ross
Dead Poets Society

Skyline

• PGP
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2010, 11:40:12 AM »
"Shutter Island", if you like psychological movies (I can provide a link for this movie online in high quality)
 and "Cop Out" for some action

nook

• VM-68
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2010, 12:08:56 PM »
"Shutter Island", if you like psychological movies (I can provide a link for this movie online in high quality)
 and "Cop Out" for some action
Whats the Link?

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2010, 12:17:46 PM »
www.movies-links.tv  is a good website to get movies

Skyline

• PGP
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2010, 12:28:56 PM »

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2010, 05:34:30 PM »
Shutter Island is probably one of Scorsese's weakest pictures. Some of his better movies are The Last Temptation of Christ, Raging Bull, Cape Fear, The Aviator and The Departed. He also directed the movie Taxi Driver which a lot of people like, but I personally didn't like it all that much. If you're a Bob Dylan fan then you should definitely check out No Direction Home: Bob Dylan. That's a really well done documentary.

But by far Scorsese's best picture is Goodfellas. That movie is probably one of the top 10 films ever made. If you haven't seen that movie then you're seriously missing out. It's a heavy movie but it is also a very easy to watch.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2010, 05:37:14 PM »
memento
the prestige
road to perdition
Glengarry Glen Ross
Dead Poets Society

Good list. I really, really liked Glengarry Glen Ross.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2010, 06:14:38 PM »
I'm going to triple post and bump this thread to put a few of the really good movies I've watched in the last week or so.

Rear Window - Probably my favourite Hitchrooster film. I'll admit for a long time i found a lot of mysteries  to be cheesy and anticlimactic, but this film had me on the edge of my seat and i could feel the suspense in my stomach. Made in 1954, but the sets are still more visually appealing than half the CG that comes out today.

Zodiac - A suspense/mystery/crime/historical drama. The film tell the story of the infamous Zodiac killer that terrorized northern California in the late 60s, early 70s. The film so carefully overloads the viewer with so much information that by the end of the film you'll consider yourself an expert on the topic. If you see this film expect to spend the next couple days reading more about the Zodiac Killer.

City of God - You like gangster movies? How children gangster movies where the kids haven't grown u to have a conscience. This true story of life living in a police-less city run by a 16 year old coke lord is sure to entrance everyone. It's a foreign film made in Brazil so the whole movie is subtitled, but if you can get up off your ignorant ass, you will surely be rewarded.

Precious - Came out last year. Interesting little film about the dreams of a girl that could quite possibly have the worst life ever imagined. Can be a very depressing movie for many people, but i think some of the 12 yr old heartless gamers out there would find it funny (I know i did a couple times). Either way it's worth the watch.

Inglourious Basterds - This film is candy to every perception you have. The dialogue is like a dance with words, theres violence that gives any guy an erection, its funny, theres a couple hot broads and it's a Tarantino film... whats not to like. This is really a very good film but i think it suffers from the usual Tarantino problem where it lacks a heart. Its a very very entertaining film that will leave people laughing and happy, but it won't be rocking anyones emotional foundation any time soon.

Children of Men - meddling Brilliant. Was not expecting a movie this good. Its about a dystopian society in year 2027 where the entire world has become infertile and there hasn't been a baby born in 18 years. It asks some hard questions, and raises real issues but it is also an action film. Its a challenging movie and it requires a certain level of intelligence to completely appreciate it but if you're willing to give it a fair shot, then you won't be disappointed.

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2010, 08:56:55 PM »
Hehe, cool, a fellow avid movie watcher. :)
I just finished watching Dr. Strangelove, which kindly reminded me how incredible Peter Sellers is.
I've been meaning to see  zodiac for a while, it's probably next on my list.

I'm also going to say Thank You For Smoking is one of my favourites because it really sets the standard for movies of that genre. I very much enjoyed it. Also can't forget Good Will Hunting, more or less because Robin Williams is absolutely breathtaking in that movie (along with dead poets society) and it makes me wonder why he does comedy. :(. Hes such a good dramatic actor.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2010, 10:37:01 PM »
I love Dr. Strangelove. "You're gonna have to deal with the coca-cola company" lol
The one thing i love most about Strangelove is that there isn't a second where a character isn't absolutely captivating me with just the sound of there voice. You got Peter Sellers, George C. Scott, Slim Pickens and James Earle Jones all in one movie.

I try to keep up with movies, but if i over do it then i find myself pausing them every 10 minutes to go for a walk. Its also tough with finals coming up, but i was able to watch quite a few lately. Mainly because my sleep pattern is way off after I stayed awake one day doing an essay for 35 hours straight, then I went to take a two hour nap that stretched into 17 hours and i havent been the same since.