Author Topic: Every man for himself - DM Cup.  (Read 15418 times)

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
Every man for himself - DM Cup.
« on: March 24, 2010, 08:39:57 AM »
Digital Paint: Paintball2 - Deathmatch cup
"Every man for himself!"

Introduction:

Hello, this is a Digital Paint: Paintball 2 tournament hosted by myself; recently there has been many tournaments such as 2v2 CTF, 3v3 CTF, etc. But I want to create something different, something unique and fun. The tournament will be a "free-for-all" deathmatch, not team-deathmatch, and will be played during the period of 12th-16th of April.

Concept:
(all times are GMT)

The tournament is a "drop-in" style. Anyone who has a GBL profile can enter the server and play. You don't have to register via this topic, in fact you don't have to register at all. You can play for as long as you want, when you want during the specified period. The server will be opened at April 12th 12:00PM and will close at April 16th 12:00PM. This means you have 120 hours of possible playing time, to get the most kills and best K/D ratio.
We will use one of ic3y's German-located servers, but anyone from around the World can enter and play. The server will have 18 slots, if the server is full and you want to enter, then unfortunately you must wait. It's first come, first serve.
There will be a rotating maplist in the deathmatch server, but I will not release information on the maps - that's for the players to find out later.
On each map, you can get a maximum of 50 kills.

Awards/Winners:

We will have 2 main subsections, "Top Players" and "Name and Shame". Allow me to explain:

TOP PLAYERS -

- Most amount of kills.
- Best K/D ratio. (after at least 50 kills)

NAME AND SHAME -

- Worst K/D ratio. Need at least one hour of play-time

This will be awarded on 16th April, 2010, at approximately 18:00 GMT. I understand that players with top kills will be the ones playing the longest, but thats the idea of the tournament. :)

FAQ:

This is going to be a rubbish tournament, because random players with the name as "newbie" or "newbie(1)" will come into the server, and get the most kills.
- No. This will not happen because each player must have a DPLogin account.

Whats the point?
- What is the point of this game? To have fun. The same idea applies for the tournament, it's a chance for players to have a laugh in a good-old deathmatch server.

Only the "no-lifers" will win this tournament because they spend ages on Paintball.
- So? It's their life. They can do whatever they want, don't flame people, and moan just because someone won.

(It would be nice for people who are going to play this cup to tell me, so I know that the tournament wont be a fail. Even if it's 10-20 minutes, please let me know! :))

UPDATE: In order for your score to count for the tournament, you must play for at least 1 hour. If it's anything below this specified time, then your score won't count.
Also, when playing in the tournament, please ensure you are using the same name, with same colors. This is because ic3y's script isn't 100% efficient at the moment, and doesn't record the GBL IDs, only names. So if you want a consistant score, make sure you use the same name.
UPDATE: Least kills and least deaths have been removed because of Kazee's suggestion.
UPDATE: You also must have at least 50 kills in order to qualify for the TOP PLAYERS section. If you have 49 or lower, you still wont be counted.
UPDATE: Awards section changed.

---Check list---
[ x ] Post topic.
[ x ] ic3y confirmed server.
[] Send ic3y server .cfg file, and rotation.
[ x ] Ask jehar to record the first day, and try to promote it on his website to try and get more players playing.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:08:10 PM by Kyuuchi »

blaa

• Autococker
Re: Every man for himself - DM Cup.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 09:21:46 AM »
i'll play.

Comments added to ()

TOP PLAYERS -

- Most amount of kills.
- Best K/D ratio. (maybe add a minimum amount of kills. Like 50?)
- Least amount of deaths. (i do not see the point of this)

NAME AND SHAME -

- Least amount of kills.
- Worst K/D ratio. (maybe add a minimum amount of kills. Like 50?)
- Most amount of deaths. (i do not see the point of this)

Maybe you should ask jehar, if he could cast some of the DM on the first day and promote it, so some random tastyspleen crowd would come and play :) Add it to your checklist :P

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »
It's unfair. Some guy can play vs good and some other vs bad player.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 09:45:29 AM »
You have 5 days. I don't see this as unfair, if it was a 1 day cup, then yeah - fair enough. But when you have 5 days, on the first day - people from the forum will mainly participate.. second, probably the same. On the third day, some "newly registere dplogin users" will probably start playing.
I don't see it as unfair, I see it as very fair. 8)

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 09:48:28 AM »
How you can know if that was 1 day it will be unfaire and 5 days fair?  I don't agree whith you sorry :)

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 09:53:03 AM »
We will just have to wait and see. We can't predict the future, so it might be a fail or a success. Nobody knows. ;)

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 12:02:11 PM »
 Uh, and maybe add another 'trophy'. Accuracy! Dunno if its possible to count the bullets used, but if it is, then you can find the most accurate player (needs min kill count tho)

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 07:49:46 PM »
This wont turn out well... the winner will be known as a nolife.

kazee

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »
Least deaths being a top player isn't going to work. someone could join the server get a kill and will have least deaths. For the deaths and kdr their must be a minimum playing time or amount of kills as blaa stated. If you say make 1 hr play time over the course of those days mandatory to be considered for a top place maybe that will be sufficient.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 01:11:50 AM »
Least deaths being a top player isn't going to work. someone could join the server get a kill and will have least deaths. For the deaths and kdr their must be a minimum playing time or amount of kills as blaa stated. If you say make 1 hr play time over the course of those days mandatory to be considered for a top place maybe that will be sufficient.

Thanks for this - I never actually saw this flaw in the tournament, but I realise what you're saying. I will change the tournament rules explaining now, please check for information regarding names too.
Thanks Kazee and blaa.

shockwave, read my FAQ please. :)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 04:16:12 AM »
Eww 350-400 ping :P.  Great setup though, I like the idea of the way it will be run.  No time zone issues, anyone can play as long as there's people in the server.  Might also want to check the idea of people being in there when 1v1 and someone aiding someone on kills, accuracy, etc.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 04:23:28 AM »
Eww 350-400 ping :P.  Great setup though, I like the idea of the way it will be run.  No time zone issues, anyone can play as long as there's people in the server.  Might also want to check the idea of people being in there when 1v1 and someone aiding someone on kills, accuracy, etc.

Hmm, I wonder how many deaths I can get....

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 05:12:19 AM »
Hmm, I wonder how many deaths I can get....
I have a feeling I'd beat you there.  You have a much better aim.  I reckon I've got Name and Shame in the bag.  Won't be that hard on a euro server :)

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 07:07:07 AM »
 So you can see how much the players has played? That's nice! Make sure that the final list gets a column for that as well. Any infos on the accuracy tracking?

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 08:59:32 AM »
Only the "no-lifers" will win this tournament because they spend ages on Paintball.
- So? It's their life.

If the tournament fails, at least you already know why :)

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 10:44:33 AM »
Yeah, that's another good point about the 1v1. There is no possible way to avoid this situation though, ic3y can't make the script only work for more than 5 players.. So I suppose it's play whenever you get the chance to play, for as long as you can when you can.

blaa, accuracy isn't possible at all. When you type 'stats' in the players' console, it works. But there isn't a command/feature that allows the server prompt to automatically record these stats from the user, so no, unfortunately we cannot do accuracy - good idea though. Feature vote?

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 11:33:20 AM »
nice idea :)

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 12:04:12 PM »
btw its purebloods Script.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 12:10:21 PM »
jehar from #tastycast on irc.gg-center.net has kindly accepted to record the first couple of hours on the first opening day. He will be recording, as well as offering commentary along with my cute, high pitched voice as a "co-caster". More information about TastyCast coverage will be coming soon, but everything is coming along nicely now! :)

Very nice script then, Pure. ;)

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 05:30:21 AM »
--BUMP--

ButtaKnife from GlobalGamers might be supplying prizes for the top players competitions...

More information coming soon.