Author Topic: Server Command question  (Read 1326 times)

theSYNDIKATE

• VM-68
Server Command question
« on: March 30, 2010, 11:54:02 AM »
What is the command to prevent guns from overheating so that continuous firing is aloud?

Edit: Also another question

Is there anyway to swap out the guns/equipment you start off with in each map with commands/config editing, or is that incorporated into the .bsp file when the map was created?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 12:25:13 PM by theSYNDIKATE »

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Server Command question
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 12:00:51 PM »
cvar_set guntemp_inc 0

theSYNDIKATE

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 12:19:48 PM »
Thanks ic3.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 01:22:25 PM »
Is there anyway to swap out the guns/equipment you start off with in each map with commands/config editing, or is that incorporated into the .bsp file when the map was created?

The equipment information is saved into the .bsp, but you can override these with .ent files in the maps/ folder on the server. You basically need to copy the entity information from the bottom of the .bsp and swap things around and save it as an .ent with the same name as the map. I wrote a little bit about it here: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=1337

I like to use QuArK since it's able to open up a bsp without decompiling it, then you can edit the entities in the map editor. There's another screen with all the entity text that you can paste in to your .ent

theSYNDIKATE

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 01:32:19 PM »
The equipment information is saved into the .bsp, but you can override these with .ent files in the maps/ folder on the server. You basically need to copy the entity information from the bottom of the .bsp and swap things around and save it as an .ent with the same name as the map. I wrote a little bit about it here: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=1337

I like to use QuArK since it's able to open up a bsp without decompiling it, then you can edit the entities in the map editor. There's another screen with all the entity text that you can paste in to your .ent

The help is greatly appreciated, I will be sure to download QuArK now and check out your tutorial.

Thanks Bain.