Author Topic: VaGue - Ban Evading? SIKE  (Read 12368 times)

JUICEY

• VM-68
Re: VaGue - Ban Evading? SIKE
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2010, 02:58:32 AM »
i play C:SS while im banned from dp.
Doesn't seem like you are in any contact with CSS. You're always on mIRC telling your clan members to go to pubs to ask for a match on your private server. Pathetic, in my words. If you are not playing dp, then you are most likely to be found on forums, and creating pointless threads, or posting worthless trash that nobody cares about. If your banned then you should really just leave this game alone, and not try to look fancy etc..

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2010, 05:49:46 AM »
we'll fine since u kids wanna say im evading then fk this game and fk all of u i don't really give 2 fks anymore. u wanna say im evading then good for u. And im on the forums to keep up with whats going on in dp. and juiicy i had counter strike open while i was on the forums last night theres a thing called Alt-Tab maybe u should look into it

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2010, 06:08:06 AM »
i had counter strike open while i was on the forums last night theres a thing called Alt-Tab maybe u should look into it

theres a thing called steam ingame browser aka shift-tab maybe u should look into it

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2010, 06:13:34 AM »
Why would you been on the forums if you dont give a intercourse about dp anymore?

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2010, 09:19:21 AM »
we'll fine since u kids wanna say im evading then fk this game and fk all of u i don't really give 2 fks anymore. u wanna say im evading then good for u. And im on the forums to keep up with whats going on in dp. and juiicy i had counter strike open while i was on the forums last night theres a thing called Alt-Tab maybe u should look into it

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2010, 11:33:46 AM »
i dont use steam mine is torrented with a few nonsteam servers

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2010, 03:24:02 PM »
About the unbanning thing on the last page, Why isn't Mayhem unbanned yet? They both gave it to 1 person, they both admitted to distribution, they both used the hacks. Is it cause Mayhem requested a day? Why would you allow him to request half the days anyways lol... But could somebody please explain what i'm missing about this? Or is it still in discussion? What's really the difference.

About this thread: it allows you to connect for 20 seconds, it did when I got banned, and others. I still see NavyseaL attempting to join servers. So really, how is this evading? You can't play, you get kicked in under 20 seconds. He's banned and can't play so he doesn't. Connecting to a server is not evading at all. Fix it so it auto kicks them, or just somehow doesn't allow them to even connect. It's not like they changed their ip and whatnot attempting to evade, so it's completely different. No intent or anything.

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2010, 03:53:52 PM »
THANK YOU MYERS!! GOD Your Intelligent for a canadian

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2010, 03:59:57 PM »
About this thread: it allows you to connect for 20 seconds, it did when I got banned, and others. I still see NavyseaL attempting to join servers. So really, how is this evading? You can't play, you get kicked in under 20 seconds. He's banned and can't play so he doesn't. Connecting to a server is not evading at all. Fix it so it auto kicks them, or just somehow doesn't allow them to even connect. It's not like they changed their ip and whatnot attempting to evade, so it's completely different. No intent or anything.

Regardless of intent to play or the time limit, it shows up on Jitspoe's logs and the ban gets reset. Why should he have to do a forensic analysis of how many times someone connected and for how long? If you are banned, don't try to connect to servers or it looks like you are evading on the logs and you might have the ban reset. Thats that way it's always been and no one is going to spend the time changing it in Committee because there are more important things to do.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2010, 04:16:32 PM »
More important things? Like.... catch multiple accounters? I understand it's something Jitspoe doesn't have time to care about, but the committee certainly does. He's connected 5 times, I've seen some having 20+ hits not getting ban resets. Infact, mine/summits/nick123 etc... all back when we got banned for the modded maps, had more then 5. Why would he ever get his reset if we never did? There is no 'clear' rule on this. When banned you can't play, it's set when jitspoe bans your IP and whatnot. But it never says: Don't connect to a server. It allows you to stay in for a max of 20 seconds, I don't see any rules against it, you're not evading. People get matches on offline servers and nothing happens, yet connecting for 5 seconds is bad? The people with 1000+ day bans got theirs reset, but it's never occured to the small bans. It is something that should be fixed or a rule should be made, but it doesn't say: Do not connect to a server and as obviously known, some people aren't intelligent and rely on it in bolded writing to understand it.

Alot of people find out their banned just because they connected to a server and got banned, then they keep trying multiple times and finally actually realize theres a msg, go to the link and see their ban. I don't see their bans getting reset. Infact, a fast look at the banlist and I see some have 60+ hits and haven't been reset. So hows 5 something to discuss about evading? Specially on a 32 day ban when it's almost done.

Please answer my first part on my last post. It'd be appreciated.

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2010, 05:01:08 PM »
More important things? Like.... catch multiple accounters? I understand it's something Jitspoe doesn't have time to care about, but the committee certainly does. He's connected 5 times, I've seen some having 20+ hits not getting ban resets. Infact, mine/summits/nick123 etc... all back when we got banned for the modded maps, had more then 5. Why would he ever get his reset if we never did? There is no 'clear' rule on this. When banned you can't play, it's set when jitspoe bans your IP and whatnot. But it never says: Don't connect to a server. It allows you to stay in for a max of 20 seconds, I don't see any rules against it, you're not evading. People get matches on offline servers and nothing happens, yet connecting for 5 seconds is bad? The people with 1000+ day bans got theirs reset, but it's never occured to the small bans. It is something that should be fixed or a rule should be made, but it doesn't say: Do not connect to a server and as obviously known, some people aren't intelligent and rely on it in bolded writing to understand it.

Alot of people find out their banned just because they connected to a server and got banned, then they keep trying multiple times and finally actually realize theres a msg, go to the link and see their ban. I don't see their bans getting reset. Infact, a fast look at the banlist and I see some have 60+ hits and haven't been reset. So hows 5 something to discuss about evading? Specially on a 32 day ban when it's almost done.

Please answer my first part on my last post. It'd be appreciated.

Yes, more important things are up for discussion than a poll telling jitspoe how to use his time that he gets to spend on this game. I'm not going to make him research logs to see how long a player connected for and how many times when the player is supposed to be banned and not playing anyways. I don't quite understand why anyone would fuss over someone who was caught hacking in all honesty.

Committee can discuss things all day but it is up to jitspoe to implement them. I an not even going to use Committee time to discuss the fairness, implementation, impact on the game, of people connecting to a server for 20 seconds at a time because I'm not going to create POINTLESS work for the Committee or jitspoe.

Everyone can consider this a formal warning that if you connect to public servers while banned your ban may be reset. It apparently doesn't always happen but it has in the past. This is not a new rule but perhaps it wasn't clear until now.

As far as Mayhem's ban goes, he's banned. If there is any information in Committee Discussion then it will stay there until it is resolved.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2010, 05:25:20 PM »
People have 60+ times, he's got 5. I'm just pointing out theres no way it should be considered evading. People shouldn't even be able to connect to online servers while banned.

About mayhem, although off topic, most of this thread is so i'll post here. http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=15148.0 - He gave it to 1 person which he admitted and wasn't something that he was caught about, he got caught using hacks, He stated which hacks and gave them in, he admitted to multiple accounts, he didn't come on forums spamming hacks like half the other distributers. Doesn't seem much different then Rick's? Although I bet you put alot more effort in getting Rick unbanned then anything to do with Mayhem. Everything is relatively close to what Rick had, only difference: people tried to get Rick unbanned, nobody tried to get mayhem. Mayhem would come back too if he got unbanned, which judging by rick being unbanned he should.

You obviously have everything I just said in the committee section, it's just taking a whole lot more time to discuss then Rick's... odd. I like Rick, and i'm glad he's unbanned. He's really fun to play with, but the same rules should apply to others and it shouldn't be because the people voting are your friends. But oh well.

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2010, 06:03:50 PM »
People have 60+ times, he's got 5. I'm just pointing out theres no way it should be considered evading. People shouldn't even be able to connect to online servers while banned.

I agree with you that people shouldn't be able to connect to servers when banned. That's why they get kicked and shown a message explaining that they are banned when they do. People have had bans reset for continually connecting to servers because they have no business connecting to public servers. They are banned. Where is the breakdown in thought on your part that you assume its the game's responsibility to keep banned players from connecting over and over?

About mayhem, although off topic, most of this thread is so i'll post here. http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=15148.0 - He gave it to 1 person which he admitted and wasn't something that he was caught about, he got caught using hacks, He stated which hacks and gave them in, he admitted to multiple accounts, he didn't come on forums spamming hacks like half the other distributers. Doesn't seem much different then Rick's? Although I bet you put alot more effort in getting Rick unbanned then anything to do with Mayhem. Everything is relatively close to what Rick had, only difference: people tried to get Rick unbanned, nobody tried to get mayhem. Mayhem would come back too if he got unbanned, which judging by rick being unbanned he should.

I addressed this clearly. As far as Mayhem's ban goes, he's banned. If there is any information in Committee Discussion then it will stay there until it is resolved. You are not the right person and this is not the proper method to be getting an update on Mayhem.
You obviously have everything I just said in the committee section, it's just taking a whole lot more time to discuss then Rick's... odd. I like Rick, and i'm glad he's unbanned. He's really fun to play with, but the same rules should apply to others and it shouldn't be because the people voting are your friends. But oh well.

This is incorrect. Rick's ban reduction discussion spanned just under a year. The only thing that is obvious here is that you don't know what you are talking about in reference to Rick's and Mayhem's respective bans. I love Mayhem to death BTW, I miss playing with him too.

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2010, 06:09:14 PM »
yes i was thinking the same thing at work today. how is it evading if he is just trying to connect to a server. he didn't take measures trying to get around the ban. games responsibility to enforce the ban. 

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2010, 08:19:48 PM »
I appologize henrod that i'm not in the elite 10 that judges multiple accounts. So I guess that means 'I'm not the right person', so i'll stop giving my input or reporting anything. No big.

I garantee in Rick's ban thread theres multiple people pushing for him to be unbanned, but in Mayhems there is not. They did pretty much the exact same stuff.

BTW- Mayhem has been banned just about as long as Rick, probably longer now.... sooo why does it take so much longer to look at the same offence? You wont find anything new, he did the same thing, so he should be treated the same way. What's so hard to find out? The committee need to vote? So if people liked Rick more, he gets unbanned and mayhem doesn't. Just like if somebody like.... Nick123 did the same thing, he'd never get his ban reduced. [I know he did a complete different thing so it's irrelevant, just a fact that alot of people will base it on how much they like the person seeing as you wont find anything new.]

Anyways, could you explain what takes so long about this? Nothing new is going to come up, it's been there for over a year, sooo? What's so hard? Why vote? Same offence should have same treatment. kthxbai.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2010, 10:00:47 PM »
Sigh... I feel like all these threads come down to the same things and they always have to be explained over and over and over again...

kazee

• Stingray
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2010, 10:10:57 PM »
MYERS YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2010, 10:43:24 PM »
i think our banning ways need to be clarified better and maybe set more logical bans for different offenses.

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2010, 11:43:38 PM »
i think our banning ways need to be clarified better and maybe set more logical bans for different offenses.

Go for it. Should be hilarious.
*Henrod grabs popcorn.

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2010, 12:28:14 AM »
if i had the time i would create a proposal. maybe in the future.