Author Topic: Non spawnkill servers; need admins?  (Read 2329 times)

joonas

• VM-68
Non spawnkill servers; need admins?
« on: May 11, 2010, 09:34:52 AM »
Are there any non spawnkill servers out there? As in, servers that state that it's not allowed. I'd be willing to administrate that rule.

I would also forcejoin the teamswitchers.

$/.Luum.fi

ip0d

• VM-68
Re: Non spawnkill servers; need admins?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 12:35:01 PM »
i dont see how you can "enforce" not to spawn kill. If the spawns are the same spot in a genral area, you cant really do much about it, mabe just change the spawn time to 60 or make a map with spawns all over the place, A good example of spawns in a small genral area is ub_roof and/or ub_cliff :D

theSYNDIKATE

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 02:48:22 PM »
[NRG] Speed Gaming Server doesn't tolerate spawn killers, they get viewgib'd, warned, and then kicked for doing it.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 06:10:39 AM »
How can server detect spawnkilling? like 10 kills in a small time period?

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 06:29:10 AM »
i dont see how you can "enforce" not to spawn kill. If the spawns are the same spot in a genral area, you cant really do much about it, mabe just change the spawn time to 60 or make a map with spawns all over the place, A good example of spawns in a small genral area is ub_roof and/or ub_cliff :D

True, nobody can get a flag in those maps without ending up "spawnkilling". But in my vocabulary, spawnkilling is the act of purposefully killing people that have just spawned in order to rack up a good K/D ratio. I'd just like to get rid of the real spawnkillers from servers that do not tolerate it, if there are any.

[NRG] Speed Gaming Server doesn't tolerate spawn killers, they get viewgib'd, warned, and then kicked for doing it.

Glad to hear that. It's too bad that the server isn't dedicated though.

How can server detect spawnkilling? like 10 kills in a small time period?

It can't, that's where admins come in.

theSYNDIKATE

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 06:56:04 PM »

Glad to hear that. It's too bad that the server isn't dedicated though.

It is, it just runs about 4-6 hours a day Mon-Sat.

JUICEY

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 07:40:35 PM »
Maybe you can set guntemp on. Probably won't work too well but still will take a majority of the spawn killing away.

Wyze

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 09:42:23 PM »
OTB speed has edited entities so when you attempt to go under lets say, the flag a t Ub_rooftop it will automatically kill you. :]

wyZe