Author Topic: NEW! toxjq training  (Read 5055 times)

dedkok

• PGP
NEW! toxjq training
« on: May 11, 2010, 05:59:05 PM »
I've decided to make a new clan specifically made for training new players who haven't been in an established clan already.

Current members are Aesthetics and Nivins

Training will include the follow...

-Strafing and double jumping
-Basic aiming as well as the different types of guns/barrels
-Adjusting settings such as "fov, crosshair and sensitivity"
-Learning basic team strategies and teamwork
-Recon using Ventrilo
-Matching and scrims
-Good manners and sportsmanship

Requirements to join are simply...

-Great attitude while playing (no insulting other players or complaining)
-Must download mIRC
-Must have a headset with a mircophone
-Must download and use Ventrilo
-Has not already been in an established clan, I'm specifically looking for the new players (Sorry guys)

I wouldn't really appreciate if everyone posted comments telling me how it's not going to work because that would be counter-productive.
This game doesn't have enough clan activity and I do remember it being A LOT more active.

So if anyone sees a player who seems to have a good attitude while playing, send 'em my way. =D

mIRC Channel: #team_toxjq
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 07:58:11 PM by dedkok »

JUICEY

• VM-68
Re: NEW! toxjq training
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 06:07:00 PM »
I think its a good idea, but im pretty sure that there are many new players who are trying/wanting to get better but don't have a mic or headset. So you would just deny them? I mean they won't go to the store and buy a headset just so they can get better in a free paintball game rofl.. But still good luck getting active members and bringing new faces to the community:).

JUICEY

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 06:21:03 PM »

This game doesn't have enough clan activity and I do remember it being A LOT more active.

whooaaa. when was the last time you saw the game A LOT more active? when you first started playing this game the clanscene was about the same as now. Maybe a whole clan wasn't banned but still.
Im not trying to get this thread off topic but wtf

dedkok

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 06:29:41 PM »

whooaaa. when was the last time you saw the game A LOT more active? when you first started playing this game the clanscene was about the same as now. Maybe a whole clan wasn't banned but still.
Im not trying to get this thread off topic but wtf

I haven't really played online since recently but I have played online long before the registry was in place and I do remember seeing a lot more clan activity.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 07:01:15 PM »
Dedkok, you should help the fella's at INT. You're a decent player and you will be able to help them out greatly.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 07:44:51 PM »
You should also talk about how evading global bans and making multi accounts is wrong.

dedkok

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 07:47:24 PM »
Dedkok, you should help the fella's at INT. You're a decent player and you will be able to help them out greatly.

The thing is that I'm not leaving the current clan that I'm in, that's why I had Aesthetics make it for me.

You should also talk about how evading global bans and making multi accounts is wrong.

Well said Bix, I'll include that in there somewhere as well as hacking.

Thank you

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 12:00:53 AM »
So dedkok, you're helping players who have never clanned before get into the match scene right? So why aren't you in that clan? If you're actually dedicated to teaching these players how to strafe and all that, you should at least be in the same clan. You don't need a clan to train new players, you can just get them from a public server or speed server and teach them a few tips. Giving them a clan doesn't prove anything, doesn't make them any better as a person or anything. Sure it gives them a little dplogin experience, but nothing else.

A question for you dedkok: If you are really dedicated in this training clan, which to me you seem to be, then if your current clan *STaRz* had a 3v3 match including you and 2 other STaRz members, but a trainee like Nivins wanted to learn how to triple-jump, what would you say to him? Something like 'Yeah ok, let me just match with STaRz first'..?

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 12:56:06 AM »
So dedkok, you're helping players who have never clanned before get into the match scene right? So why aren't you in that clan? If you're actually dedicated to teaching these players how to strafe and all that, you should at least be in the same clan. You don't need a clan to train new players, you can just get them from a public server or speed server and teach them a few tips. Giving them a clan doesn't prove anything, doesn't make them any better as a person or anything. Sure it gives them a little dplogin experience, but nothing else.

A question for you dedkok: If you are really dedicated in this training clan, which to me you seem to be, then if your current clan *STaRz* had a 3v3 match including you and 2 other STaRz members, but a trainee like Nivins wanted to learn how to triple-jump, what would you say to him? Something like 'Yeah ok, let me just match with STaRz first'..?

Yes.

Kyuu, this game is not a full time job. If he does wanna do it this way, let him. He stated above that don't bother him with how this doesn't gonna work.

And the game itself is waaaay more inactive then before GLS. That's a fact. At least EU scene. Back on topic now.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 09:13:24 AM »
Yeah, I know it's not a 'full-time job' but I just cannot see the point of making the trainee's make their own clan, when they can just talk to you for 1 to 1 training if they want it.

I'm not saying this is a bad idea, it's a good idea and that supports the community. I'm just pointing out my viewpoint. :P

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 09:50:52 AM »
If you're not gonna join the clan to train people, why not just help InT? They already have a training clan set up, already promote it and get players to train. Tons of training clans have failed because the new players don't integrate enough with the 'leaders' (experienced players). Looks like you're not willing to commit to being with them over your own clan, and they will get a feeling of being left out.

In the past InT has learned to integrate very well with everyone, and a bunch of players have gotten into the clan scene after being with them. If anything, I suggest that you read the many topics on here from them, which can be helpful to players wanting to get into the clan scene.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 11:07:09 AM »
You guys take this game way too seriously.
Things like that are exactly why no one's in the clan scene...

JUICEY

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 03:05:42 PM »
Kyuuchi made a good point, but still isn't there a possible way you can ask jitspoe or another moderator to let you in two different clans at once? Im assuming that a leader of a clan can request to be a leader of the training clan his team will train. But maybe if that isn't the only way you can be in multiple clans at once dedkok should try it. But still what would he do. Match with his "actual clan" or his training team.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 03:26:57 PM »
He wants to continue matching with a good clan while helping out newer players, getting them into the clanscene and whatnot. Him being in the clan or not does not change anything, it's just an attempt to get some newer players on IRC and help them. He's got 2 or 3 members so far, and 1 of them is his friend so he has easy contact to accept/remove people from the clan. Whether it works out or not, we'll see, but it's more then what most people would do, so good luck broski.

dedkok

• PGP
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 04:09:37 PM »

Me being in the clan doesn't effect my ability to train and this is only a side project. My full loyalty is to Starz
I have in the past and still 'try' to give tips to random newbies in pubs but as I'm sure you all know it's almost impossible to have them focus their attention on you, they're way too busy playing.
This training clan is specifically for the players who really want to get into the clan scene but aren't sure on how to approach it or don't think they are good enough.

If you're not gonna join the clan to train people, why not just help InT? They already have a training clan set up, already promote it and get players to train. Tons of training clans have failed because the new players don't integrate enough with the 'leaders' (experienced players). Looks like you're not willing to commit to being with them over your own clan, and they will get a feeling of being left out.

In the past InT has learned to integrate very well with everyone, and a bunch of players have gotten into the clan scene after being with them. If anything, I suggest that you read the many topics on here from them, which can be helpful to players wanting to get into the clan scene.
I haven't heard anything about InT but by the look of them considering Kyuuchi is in it, I assume it's a European clan which won't work out if you think about ping different and language barriers.
Unfortunately I will only be able to train North Americans.

Kyuuchi made a good point, but still isn't there a possible way you can ask jitspoe or another moderator to let you in two different clans at once? Im assuming that a leader of a clan can request to be a leader of the training clan his team will train. But maybe if that isn't the only way you can be in multiple clans at once dedkok should try it. But still what would he do. Match with his "actual clan" or his training team.
There's no need for me to join, I made sure that the leaders are 2 people I trust.
I also know Nivins personally and when he plays he's right beside me 90% of the time. 8)

And thank you Myers. ;)

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 12:40:15 AM »
dedkok, you're wrong about InT. InT is a North-American and European training clan where more established members of the community in that clan teach new players matching skills, and generally have a good time matching without all the pressure of a real and proper clan. It's like, a chilled out clan where new members as well as play, learn how to recon better, learn tactics, learn new maps, learn how to use vent and IRC, etc.
We're basically doing everything you're currently doing... :P And just because I'm a Euro doesn't mean you can say there'll be language difficulties or anything like that. We're a training clan, and we'll train whatever we have to do to get players better. lol

dedkok

• PGP
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 04:18:54 PM »
Do you have a specific training agenda? Or you guys just kind of freeball it? Because I'm planning to standardize my training somewhat and it's easier for me to train everyone my specific way then to teach the people who are going to teach and then have them leave import details out so on and so forth.
I've played with you before, big ping difference... Didn't ejoy it at all, nothing about you personally of course.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 06:34:49 PM by dedkok »

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 08:09:19 PM »
Way back InT was a training clan.

Since then it has been an on and off again social club that at times trains. But most of the regulars haven't been around enough to make it work.

It recently restarted. But frankly right now DP itself is on life support. If you can't keep a pub scene going a clan scene is not even realistic.

dedkok

• PGP
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 08:22:54 PM »
Agreed, even the pub scene is on life support... That's why I'm trying to get some more of my buddies to start playing if they have time. Some of them are old school quake players, I'd really be happy if they started playing. =P

We both clearly have 2 different sets of ideals and I don't see the point of working with you guys when I can just do things on my own.