Author Topic: Feature - Tag  (Read 3997 times)

RoBbIe

• Autococker
Feature - Tag
« on: May 12, 2010, 04:58:10 AM »
Ok im just throwing this out there. We should have a server called "Tag Your It" or something like that. Put the paintball range all the way down so it only shoots like 1 inch from the player (1 inch is just a random close range of thought of) k the point of the game is its 1 vs everyone else. and you can either run or hide the best you can. after 10-20 sec the 1 attack player can move, and must catch up and tag you, but since the bullets dont shoot far it will be like tag :)

just a random idea, dont hate :D

abnormal

• Autococker
Re: Feature - Tag
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 06:08:19 AM »
:D:D Looks like some fun mod. There would have to be special maps for this I think..

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 06:33:58 AM »
Ok im just throwing this out there. We should have a server called "Tag Your It" or something like that. Put the paintball range all the way down so it only shoots like 1 inch from the player (1 inch is just a random close range of thought of) k the point of the game is its 1 vs everyone else. and you can either run or hide the best you can. after 10-20 sec the 1 attack player can move, and must catch up and tag you, but since the bullets dont shoot far it will be like tag :)

just a random idea, dont hate :D

Robbie u dont even play anymore.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 07:02:30 AM »
Robbie u dont even play anymore.
I will play more when i have time, and when i can actually run the game, (it gives me a open gl error)
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=19539.0

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 01:02:53 PM »
I will play more when i have time, and when i can actually run the game, (it gives me a open gl error)
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=19539.0

update your video card. and when does masterbating take time?!?!?

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 03:20:49 PM »
update your video card. and when does masterbating take time?!?!?
Um, sorry i do not do that, i get girls to help me. And im busy weight lifting and running to get in shape for football. And i dont know to update my driver

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 03:32:34 PM »
And does anyone have any comments for my idea. Or can anyone here start working on my idea :)

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 12:41:42 AM »
I think a hide and seek gamemode would be much better than tag. :) I've played hide and seek with Idias and Prix back in Insignia.. probably the funnest game ever - especially when you're on teamspeak together. <3 iSi.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 12:54:08 AM »
I think a hide and seek gamemode would be much better than tag. :) I've played hide and seek with Idias and Prix back in Insignia.. probably the funnest game ever - especially when you're on teamspeak together. <3 iSi.
Haha, I was playing that with Rick about a week back on zpar.  Funny stuff.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 03:51:32 AM »
Would we need interpolated hitboxes for this? Like, the collision between two hitboxes would probably be the best way to do this and with the current hitboxes, it won't work so well.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 04:55:52 AM »
Yea that why i just said shorten the range on a gun. I remember back when i played there was a command to make the ball shoot farther and shorter.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 07:22:22 AM »
Yea that why i just said shorten the range on a gun. I remember back when i played there was a command to make the ball shoot farther and shorter.

Ohhhhhh, I was going under the impression of running into a person to tag them. Though you want to shoot them correct?

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 03:45:42 PM »
Ohhhhhh, I was going under the impression of running into a person to tag them. Though you want to shoot them correct?
Either way could work, :)

nook

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 06:42:20 PM »
Doubt it will happen, nothing will ever change in this game, it will be just same old same DP2

Lapppy

• Stingray
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 06:51:31 PM »
the server command "ball_speed" set to a low number shortens the gun range  ;D

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 10:57:25 PM »
Would we need interpolated hitboxes for this? Like, the collision between two hitboxes would probably be the best way to do this and with the current hitboxes, it won't work so well.

:-/

If you would 'see' the hitbox, then for your eye, the hitbox movement would probably be smooth (atm).

Wyze

• Stingray
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 01:18:18 PM »
Like the idea, it would be kind of like zombie mode in CS 1.6. But other than shooting how about just running into the person. More of a tag kind a thing.

wyZe