Author Topic: Linuxserver Problem  (Read 5757 times)

vLaD

• Autococker
Re: Linuxserver Problem
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2010, 01:03:42 PM »
O i was about to beat my head against my keyboard.

nowin

• PGP
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2010, 03:16:02 PM »
have fun 84.200.248.181:27910 30 Slots

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2010, 07:11:38 PM »
nowin i created some scripts in your paintball folder so you would be able just to do ./start_server or something like that and it will do all the necessary commands follwed by it. instead of ./paintball2 +set ect ect

also this will only work if you installed screen.

to view the server alll you would need to do once you log in under that name is screen -r

if  you have multiple screens open on the server then screen -r screenname

i think i named it pub screen -r would show u the names if you have more than 1.

once you are viewing and you want to close the screen without killing the game its (ctrl+a+d)

mind you once you do ./start_server it will not do nothing visually but it has probably already started.

screen -r to check.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2010, 08:26:20 PM »
Sounds like you have it running now, but if not, it looks like you're missing the "setmaster" line, so the server was starting, but not being added to the master server list.  Either add "+setmaster dplogin.com" to the command line or "setmaster dplogin.com" to the config file.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2010, 08:30:32 PM »
Sounds like you have it running now, but if not, it looks like you're missing the "setmaster" line, so the server was starting, but not being added to the master server list.  Either add "+setmaster dplogin.com" to the command line or "setmaster dplogin.com" to the config file.
I find that, even with that in the server config, for the first time that you run it, you have to manually type it into the console once its running.  I've waited for 30mins+ before and it still wouldn't show on the list until I had done it manually.

nowin

• PGP
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2010, 09:14:22 AM »
setmaster dplogin.com is in the server.cfg

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2010, 12:26:52 PM »
I find that, even with that in the server config, for the first time that you run it, you have to manually type it into the console once its running.  I've waited for 30mins+ before and it still wouldn't show on the list until I had done it manually.
The setmaster command probably needs to be executed after the map loads.  I think in the current version I've fixed it so there's a slight delay so if you execute it before the map loads, it will still work.