Author Topic: [q] + Myers euro/American Tournament!  (Read 5639 times)

blaa

• Autococker
[q] + Myers euro/American Tournament!
« on: May 26, 2010, 08:04:52 AM »
Date: 06.06.10
Time: 20 CEST, 14 EST
Maplist: pbcup_2fort5, sassault4_b2, nml, badlands, kfields
Format: 3v3
Servers: Both american and euro. Which server will be used according to who has better ranking.
Website: http://timetravellers.planet.ee/minicup/bracket_standings.php
Register: PM me or any other q member @ irc, PM Myers, or post here.
Teams: 8-16.
Registered teams[8/16]: [q], Ij, xP, cN, Shinoogie, eX, vXt, DarK`

Tournament will last max 2-3hours. DE/SE/Groups, do not know yet

Each team will receive a preliminary 'ranking' (amount of points). Each time you lose, you lose those points as well, each time you win, you gain points. So in first round these points act just like the seeding system (better team has the server advantage). But during the cup, weaker teams can prove us (the admins who made the seeds) wrong and in the end have better ranking and get the server advantage. Since this is only used for the server trouble, this will not be accurate. I will not use some ELO algorithm or anything. Just do them by heart. For example: win=+20p, lose=-20p. Nothing too fancy.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 11:11:50 PM by blaa »

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
Re: [q] + Myers euro/American Tournament!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 08:54:59 AM »
What format is this? 3v3?

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 08:57:55 AM »
darn. Coming back from a festival that day, but maybe I'll reach it. Great that you're trying not to let the tournaments fade out.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 10:28:23 AM »
darn. Coming back from a festival that day, but maybe I'll reach it. Great that you're trying not to let the tournaments fade out.
In Germany? ;D

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 11:01:11 AM »
Looks like I will be available. Is this going to be a "clan-tournament", or can you sign up a group of friends as well?

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 01:22:38 PM »
Looks like I will be available. Is this going to be a "clan-tournament", or can you sign up a group of friends as well?

As long as we have a clear overview who plays with who, then sure, funclans are allowed like there is no phenix.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 10:47:11 AM »
Map-list is currently being talked about, we should have it up by tomorrow I'm assuming. The one unsolved issue is how do we decide who gets the server advantage. We have it partially solved, we're just discussing what happens if they play first round. Rock paper scissors is currently our best solution. We're working on it...

@blaa Sign up - Insane Junction Ij - Shinoogie's team[Players TBA] - Oldschool xP - CarbonGaming cN
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 12:08:31 PM by MyeRs »

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 03:36:16 AM »

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 04:59:53 AM »

Nice,

Do not forget to advertise this to all to your friends @ icq or wherever you czech people hide :)

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 05:53:36 AM »
Do not forget to advertise this to all to your friends @ icq or wherever you czech people hide :)

k

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 12:32:48 PM »
 Maplist: Maplist: pbcup_2fort5, sassault4_b2, nml, badlands, kfields

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 12:36:25 PM »
kfields?:D what is it?:D

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 11:06:02 PM »
ftp://otb-server.de/pub/Maps/kfields.bsp

Also for server picking.

Each team will receive a preliminary 'ranking' (amount of points). Each time you lose, you lose those points as well, each time you win, you gain points. So in first round these points act just like the seeding system (better team has the server advantage). But during the cup, weaker teams can prove us (the admins who made the seeds) wrong and in the end have better ranking and get the server advantage. Since this is only used for the server trouble, this will not be accurate. I will not use some ELO algorithm or anything. Just do them by heart. For example: win=+20p, lose=-20p. Nothing too fancy.

And LOL, just checked my website yesterday and it worked, but today new month and my subscription is outdated and I will not renew it.
No biggie tho, we will use the tourney.cc website. Don't worry, will not force you to make an account there.
But, if you do have an account there, feel free to sign up yourself, I will remove the 'clan' I added manually then. http://timetravellers.tourney.cc

Still do not know about the DE or SE brackets. Join up.

Where are all the clans from the new german community?

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 11:17:05 PM »
Where are all the clans from the new german community?

http://paintball2.de/

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 11:19:06 PM »

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 08:56:15 AM »
kann nicht sprechen deutsch, u fat

that was a nice attempt though :D

Anyway, you just asked where they are, not how to contact them. Did I not answer your question? :P

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 10:20:04 PM »
map list needs to be remade

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 01:13:52 PM »
map list needs to be remade

The maplist is based off underplayed maps in hope to widen the maps used in the match scene. It is told in advance so teams can go check out the maps, so go do that. They aren't bad. Plus I assume we'll be doing process of elimination for the maps, so you don't need to like all 5 :)

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 09:05:31 PM »
lmao dont you match on sassault a lot?. youre just looking for an advantage. i know you will say no and that you dont

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 05:34:32 AM »
Sigh... please know what you're saying before posting. I match on Pbcup_sassault - which is a completely different map then Sassault4_b2.  So calm down and realize that they are purposely chosen for the fact that they are not oftenly played.

Sassault4_b2 http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=20432.0   - tadaaaa. Please say sorry, I'm offended you said I would be looking for an advantage.