Author Topic: Seeking Committee Members  (Read 5620 times)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Seeking Committee Members
« on: June 03, 2010, 10:18:26 PM »
This thread is for applications only.  All other posts will be deleted.

As it has been done the last 3 previous times, we are taking the application process as we believe it works best.  Before you bother answering questions, read below.  Currently theres 3 people leaving, and we are still to hear from 2 other members.

The whole idea of the committee is to resolve issues to do with DPLogin accounts, such as multiple accounts, and hacking/sharing hacks, etc.  The main things we deal with a multiple accounts.  We occasionally review demos that were submitted with suspicious activity and the sort, occasionally get information about people distributing cheats, etc.  But the main thing we deal with is multiple accounts.  Its most of our work.  And our main communication with these people is email.  So basically thats saying you must be willing to spend time conversing with people over email, because many of these multiple accounts we run into belong to people that don't actively idle on irc or come onto the forums.

How much time per week would you be willing to dedicate to resolving issues brought up to the committee?

Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.

Are you comfortable with contacting people via email, IRC, Ventrilo, etc. in order to investigate issues?

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

If you are presented with a case where it appears somebody has violated the rules, but you can't find enough evidence to prove it 100%, would you vote to punish him or not?

Would you be willing to turn over a friend or clan mate if you suspected him of violating the rules?

Are you prepared to take the crap the community may throw at you, if they don't agree with a decision, and behave in a mature and professional manner?

Why do you feel you would be a good member of the committee?

I'll add a closing date when we hear from the last two members.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 12:44:57 AM by Cameron »

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
Re: Seeking Committee Members
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 12:17:11 AM »
How much time per week would you be willing to dedicate to resolving issues brought up to the committee?

Every day, 1-2 hours during weekdays [when needed] and 2+ hours on weekends [when needed] But whenever an issue arises on the Committee boards, I'd put lots of time into the issue to try and get it resolved.

Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.

No

Are you comfortable with contacting people via email, IRC, Ventrilo, etc. in order to investigate issues?

I'm comfortable using the following to contact people: Email, Vent, Mumble, IRC, TeamSpeak, AIM and ICQ [getting soon, whenever Norton doesn't detect there's a virus in the installation..]

n a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

Definite 10. I'm always on Pubs, these vary as well, from NA servers to EU servers.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

9, this is because I now have a clan, and we match quite regularly. I'm pretty sure my knowledge of players from the matching scene would be good.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

9. Not on IRC as much as I used to be, but I'll be on much much more now I'm back involved with the clanning scene.

If you are presented with a case where it appears somebody has violated the rules, but you can't find enough evidence to prove it 100%, would you vote to punish him or not?

If there isn't enough evidence, and I cannot prove the fact that someone is definitely 100% violating the rules, then unfortunately I cannot ban him. You can't put decisions like these on gut instinct, you must be sure.
So 'Innocent until proven guilty'

Would you be willing to turn over a friend or clan mate if you suspected him of violating the rules?

I've done this with e-friend ON3 [The Brazilian dude], and I didn't lose any sleep the night after. So I would definitely turn over a friend if someone in my clan, or a friend of mine was hacking.

Are you prepared to take the crap the community may throw at you, if they don't agree with a decision, and behave in a mature and professional manner

I've matured up lately, and I think my recent attitude speaks for this type of question. I haven't flamed, I haven't posted silly, flame-wanting posts and I've acted very professional. Being in a role like this, would re-enforce the fact that I'd be mature and not flame back causing more flames. So yeah, I'm prepared.

I've tried on the last 2 volunteer requests, and haven't been accepted into any of those - and as they say, 3rd time lucky.. But seriously, I want to become a Committee Member because I want to be in a situation where I can help jitspoe and the game. I'd be a good committee member because I can communicate with the Czech's, Germans and attempt at the Brazilians. I'm fair, mature for my age, and I feel I'd be a good asset to the Committee because of the above reasons.
I've tried for the last 2 volunteer threads, and have no luck so far. Hopefully, the Committee Members will see how much I've matured up recently, and see that I'm clearly determined to get this role.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 07:53:02 AM »

I'm a highschool student so I've got plenty of free time on my hands. It's almost summer as well so I will have a lot of time 'don't know exact hours' but I can easily check in daily and depending on what is needed will depend how much time I spend on.

Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.

Probably but I really can't think of any examples.

Yep, I'm always connected to mIRC - I go on ventrilo daily - and I actively use my email.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

10 for american pubs, as for euro pubs probably a 5ish as I only really go on them for jump servers.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

10 - I'm in one of the most active teams.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

10 - My IRC is always connected and I idle a lot of channels.

If I can't 100% prove it I would definitely not vote to punish him.

Yep, really easily. It's the internet, doing that would not bother me the slightest.

Are you prepared to take the crap the community may throw at you, if they don't agree with a decision, and behave in a mature and professional manner

Of course

I've got plenty of freetime to work out situations, I know all of the IRC community and a lot of the pub community. I'm bilingual [french and english] so I can communicate with both French and Enlgish people. I'm very easy to contact.

eugenics

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 11:46:41 AM »

as much time that is needed, i have ample amounts of spare time.

Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.

No

yes, all forms of communication within my grasp, i shall use.

n a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

voting with the majority on the issue seems to be the best course of action as not to hinder the groups
time frame of getting things done. regardless of my own point of view, which would be expressed.

yes

yes

you have spots opening up, i felt this would be a long shot and not even taken into consideration, but that
has never stopped me in the past before when it comes to trying. to put it simply if given a chance, i will
preform like those who have come before and now will be gone. thank you for your consideration.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 07:09:40 AM »

I would be able to put in up to 5 hours a day if necessary.

Not really, the only decision that I've made thats associated with this game was to hack, and I've leartn my lesson.

Definately. I'm comfortable with contacting anyone that speaks english.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

7, I do play pubs everyday, but I don't 'shockwave' them.(Joke?).

8, it's very hard to know everyone in every clan because of my timezone.

8 again, I can usually identify people, just not by hostmasks and I know nearly everyone in the irC community.

I would vote not to punish him. There is obviously not enough evidence, so the case could go either way and I'd rather let a hacker go and then catch him when he hacks again then ban an innocent player.

Yes, I have in the past.

Are you prepared to take the crap the community may throw at you, if they don't agree with a decision, and behave in a mature and professional manner?

I really wouldn't care if people didn't like my decisions because they're MY decisions. If they don't like my decision, they should've tried to get into the committee.

I'm experienced with the committee, I'm not just going to vote to ban someone because I dislike them, I'm very mature AND I showed how much time I'm willing to spend going over issues by colouring my post.

CrazyCooter

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 02:21:55 PM »
1.)How much time per week would you be willing to dedicate to resolving issues brought up to the committee?

- Close to everyday if needed.

2.)Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.

-Not that i can think of, no.

3.)Are you comfortable with contacting people via email, IRC, Ventrilo, etc. in order to investigate issues?

-Yes

4.)On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

- 8 because i play pubs atleast 30 minutes or more a day. not a full 10 because i know the majority of the people, just not all.

5.)On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and
know members of every other clan very well.

6.)On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

7.)If you are presented with a case where it appears somebody has violated the rules, but you can't find enough evidence to prove it 100%, would you vote to punish him or not

-No, because if there isn't enough evidence to back it up, it wouldn't be entirely fare to ban them.

8.)Would you be willing to turn over a friend or clan mate if you suspected him of violating the rules?

-Yes because it's pointless and doesn't make digital paintball enjoyable for the community

9.) Are you prepared to take the crap the community may throw at you, if they don't agree with a decision, and behave in a mature and professional manner?

-Yes, because i believe majority vote is good.

10.)Why do you feel you would be a good member of the committee?

- Because i know close to everyone in the entire community and for the most part don't have a problem with them. Also, I'm on pretty much everyday and there's rarely a chance where if I'm pm'd i don't answer. I also want to bring digital paintball back to life. it needs a reincarnation. i want it to be like it was a few years back when it was active and had a lot of good people in the community. The main reason why they all left was more than likely due to the cheaters. I would like to HUNT these cheaters down and ban them for not following the rules.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 04:36:10 PM »

-what is needed.

-yes

-yeah

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

Yes, because they probably have violated the rules.

yes

obviously.

ive been around awhile and know a lot about the game. thanks bros

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 06:49:24 PM »

I'm on this game practically every day. I am graduating in a week so i will be on even more. :]

student council

I have yahoo messeger, AIM, Mirc, Ventrilo ,ts3 and facebook so whichever you would prefer i can use.

n a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

9 I don't pub as much as I match, but i am currently one of the most active players in the game.

10. i match at least 3 or 4 times a day, I am probably in the most active dp2 clan.

10. When i am on the computer i am on mirc. <3 nnscript :]

If the evidence isn't conclusive enough then no i would not vote to punish.

Hacking is inexcusable. I would not tolerate it from anybody.

It is a known fact that the majority of DP highly immature, I would have no problem taking any garbage people throw at me.

I have played this game for many many years. I feel that i know the community and how the game works better than most people that currently play. I hope that i will be able to make this community a better place.
-Nick (SkeeT)

DuDe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 11:56:55 PM »

As much as needed I'm usually on during the week quite a bit.

I'll just go with no on this one i can't think of anything right now.

Of course anytime i need to investigate ill do whatever it takes to get in contact with the person in question.

I would discuss it with the other committee members and see how they felt about it as well.

Yes rules are put in place for a reason.

Yea i believe i can handle myself with all the madness that comes my way without being disrespectful.

Because I've been around for many years now and have learned the rules and got to know about everyone in this game pretty well. Also i think ill be able to resolve a lot of issues that come into play with the community.=)

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 10:13:54 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

everyday becuase i got no life.

cant think of any at the moment

Yep, I'm always connected to mIRC - I go on ventrilo daily - and I actively use my email.

no not at all.

definatly.

yes.

got lots of time to do what ever needs to be done. i mean lots.

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 06:23:51 PM »
Just so you know, I didn't change anything this time around in this application seeing as the community hasn't really changed and I'm sure you guys are capable of making well informed decisions without these answers.

I would say roughly an hour each day, unless something comes up preventing me from doing so.

I've done a lot of work with kids (ski instructor, camp counselor) that might prove to come in handy. In those situations you get plenty of times when kids just wont listen, or even the parents won't listen. After doing it some time, I've gotten used to talking things out and explaining the situation, whatever it may be, in an assertive friendly manner.

Yes

6. I know the vast majority of the American pub scene, but it far less for the Europeans.

8. Similar to my last answer, however I do know more people in the European match scene than I do pubbing.

8. I idle IRC whenever my computer is on, and for the most part know everyone online. The occasional new face pops up.

If it is entirely my opinion, not at all. If I see patterns between hackers and the accused, or other areas that seem suspicious, and other members of the commitee agree, I would trust an informed decision without entire proof. I would never ban anyone based on personal experience/bias without proof.

Yes.

I've gotten fairly good at treating people with short tempers/irrational behavior. I think I could handle the flaming.

Two reasons. The first is an actual Wii Clan I lead back when I was 13 I think. I was a little childish nintendo nerd. I know, embarrassing. However, in the process of running the site I was in charge of a large member base, updating the website, attempting to keep everything together and keeping things under control. I dealt with a lot of complaints about poor leadership and inability to contribute, although most of the time false, I learned how to deal with the criticism you get with power, and the responsibility you have over a member base.
The second reason is just my attitude towards the game. A lot of people criticize me for not taking the game seriously, but all that really means is I don't take my rage out on others, or have any negative outlook on fellow players. It gives me an unbiased opinion on players.

AsThor

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 06:22:23 AM »
the 20th june will be the last day to apply for the committee. then we will vote

Legendz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 07:33:14 AM »

--at the week , 2hours per day at weekend more if its neccesary

-- Not Really

-- Yes , its no problem for me to contact people via email etc.

-- I would say 9

-- 3 im not using IRC that much

-- I wont Punish him , until im can prove it to 100%

-- Yes i would, its a game so everybody had to do  what the rules say

-- i dont care what other ppl say about me

-- I think i can work with every member of the committee in a good way specially with PvtJimmy and Asthor :D

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 02:23:56 PM »
* How much time per week would you be willing to dedicate to resolving issues brought up to the committee?

I'm not able to spend to much time here everyday, but I'd estimate around half an hour per day at least, more on weekends.

* Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.

Not sure if it's a difficult decision, but I've had to kick 3 of my closest friends of my team.

* Are you comfortable with contacting people via email, IRC, Ventrilo, etc. in order to investigate issues?

I'm able to contact anyone through Vent, Teamspeak, IRC, ICQ, and others...

* In a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

Around a 9, although I've been inactive for the past times.

* On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

* On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

* If you are presented with a case where it appears somebody has violated the rules, but you can't find enough evidence to prove it 100%, would you vote to punish him or not?

It would depend on the case obviously, but I'd rather consider them inocent until I can get more proof.

* Would you be willing to turn over a friend or clan mate if you suspected him of violating the rules?

Done it before and don't mind doing it again...

* Are you prepared to take the crap the community may throw at you, if they don't agree with a decision, and behave in a mature and professional manner

I don't get bothered by words someone types on the other side of a screen, also I've been playing this game for a while so I kinda got used to it.

* Why do you feel you would be a good member of the committee?

I have been playing this game for a fair amount of time and although I've been inactive in the past times I'm coming back to DP soon and I still know most of the DP community. I speak a couple of languages which may help in the european community and I have had experience in taking hard decisions before.

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 08:21:13 AM »
3/7 Escept Thuesday
Not yet
Yup, send me a message via irc and i will respond like in 10 secs
60% is enough for me
Yes
Yes theres always a way to solve something.
I love solving things, Also i have nothing to do.

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 11:22:28 AM »

As much as I can, I check forums often throughout the day.

Yes, I have turned in friends that have had multiple accounts and/or hacks.

Yes, I have Vent, IRC, Msn, Aim, Email, whatever way is necessary to contact.

In a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

8-9 I pub a good amount.

7, I have just returned to the matching scene and am now active.

8-9, I idle any channel that would like me to, and am on IRC most of the day.

Depends on the case and the person in suspicion's history of violated rules.

Yes, have done it before.

I don't mind crap, look at my name, I get bs for it all the time. It doesn't bother me one bit, and won't change my opinion/decision.

I have reported many multiple accounts, I guess I have an eye for them. I'm active and I would like to see things get resolved. I work well with others, and I have no problems with anyone. EDIT: I also know some Spanish, which might help.

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 10:03:35 AM »

*Everyday

*Yes I Have.
*Those People are now in JAIL.

*Yes.

*Well if they have done something in the past. Maybe you just don't need 100% proof

*yes

*yes

*Eat.Sleep.Dp

Ston3cold

• PGP
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 09:17:52 AM »
The 20th June is over Asthor :) did u vote already?

Ston3cold

• PGP
Re:
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 09:18:22 AM »
or does it take a longer time now??
sry for double post

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 09:21:02 AM »
Could you do us a favor and start reading on the first post:

This thread is for applications only.  All other posts will be deleted.

Thanks.