Author Topic: Will this game ever grow?  (Read 10365 times)

Prime24

• VM-68
Will this game ever grow?
« on: June 11, 2010, 02:15:19 AM »
It seems to me that all these rules and regulations make it hard for someone especially new-comers to enjoy the game. People are attracted to and easy going online game as i was my freshman year of high-school. Before there was global login and all that. Now im not saying global login is bad but i am saying that public servers that kick you if your not logged in is just ridiculous. most newbies will not know to register a name let alone set up their log-in. another thing; this demo-request trend that started is so annoying. if you do good, demo-request! u cant just be good at this game anymore u have to be hacking and the committee is suggesting ban over not handing over demo? screw that i deleted every single one of my demos i honestly dont care for em. Pub admin abusers kicking and banning for no reason kills pubs! superman ran a great pub but thats gone. luckily Carbon Gaming pubs are doing well so far. clans are dying due to bans and we dont even know what we getting banned for? how can we trust a comittee who cant even talk to us or a cheat detection but wont tell us wat it has detected. 3 years ago dplogin had the highest amount of users online a day which was 260 now u hardly will ever see 50. need more clans to match more. best match servers were GT and er33t but now both are gone sadly. anyway this game just seems to be going down hill faster and faster. more bans more rules less attraction more people quiting cause they cant trust the game and for what? a free online game. honestly dp2 staff, your not getting paid so do yourself and us a favor and stop breaking your backs on a FREE game. try playing it more its fun

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Will this game ever grow?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 03:16:17 AM »
Sorry for the excessive post, but its just what I feel towards it.

Now im not saying global login is bad but i am saying that public servers that kick you if your not logged in is just ridiculous.
Thats up to server admins.

another thing; this demo-request trend that started is so annoying. if you do good, demo-request! u cant just be good at this game anymore u have to be hacking and the committee is suggesting ban over not handing over demo? screw that i deleted every single one of my demos i honestly dont care for em.
Cheat detection is not 100% fool proof.  I honestly agree with you though, people go way over the top with these requests, but its what people do now, as many don't seem to rely on the cheat detection as they claim it doesn't work, but what can you do?

Pub admin abusers kicking and banning for no reason kills pubs! superman ran a great pub but thats gone. luckily Carbon Gaming pubs are doing well so far.
Again, up to server admins.  They pay for servers, they can do what they want.  Vanity does a good job of keeping high admin to people he trusts, so it would most likely never happen on his server.

clans are dying due to bans and we dont even know what we getting banned for? how can we trust a comittee who cant even talk to us or a cheat detection but wont tell us wat it has detected. 3 years ago dplogin had the highest amount of users online a day which was 260 now u hardly will ever see 50. need more clans to match more.
See, your doubting the detection.  They get banned because they've been detected.  Also, it does tell jitspoe whats been detected.  He can even tell you the modified files.  He just doesn't, so that you submit the hacks and own up to what you did, and also by doing that, halving your ban time.  Clans die because people distrubute to each other and all get caught using the same thing.  Obviously it'd be a very hard job finding who distributed like it always is, but they still get the 64+ day vacations.

anyway this game just seems to be going down hill faster and faster. more bans more rules less attraction more people quiting cause they cant trust the game and for what? a free online game. honestly dp2 staff, your not getting paid so do yourself and us a favor and stop breaking your backs on a FREE game. try playing it more its fun
Your version of fun probably differs from mine.  Fun means everyone enjoying themselves, playing the game as it should be played, at whatever level.  Your version of fun must contain things that my version of fun doesn't define.  Jitspoe tries to make the game fun, keeping it clean of cheaters.  He sets rules up for this very reason.

CrazyCooter

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 07:07:14 AM »
Everyone already knows that dp is slowly dying. I'm actually predicting that in roughly 3 years, dp will be completely dead. It's almost there now. There's only a few active american and european clans. Now, everyone thinks that dp is fully dead now but they are only saying that due to the idlers on irc. a lot of people play dp, they just don't have irc. i think with the new build there should be a help section for the new comers for irc. maybe once they dl dp it should dl irc as well and then maybe that will help bring dp back. Cause ive noticed that 85% of the people in pubs don't have or use irc. the majority don't have it.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 09:39:59 AM »
 You are predicting? You are not entitled to predict anything.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 09:44:27 AM »
Cause ive noticed that 85% of the people in pubs don't have or use irc. the majority don't have it.

But why? What is it so important that they should use irc?

Don't say they have to idle...

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 10:44:27 AM »
Actually a lot of what has been said here is due to players not owning up to what they need to do, I believe I've said the following before. As you can see, back when eR33t and GT frequented the game, they supported the game by buying servers and creating support systems. As with everyone, they slowly left, because no one stays around forever. But now we have a new generation of frequent players, and hardly any of them are doing their job to keep the game up. No one wants to pay for decent servers, and everyone whines when they lose, they don't even care about having fun.

So this game dying or not is dependent on the players supporting and enjoying the game, and not whining and complaining about it, that's what turns other players off.

AsThor

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 11:32:07 AM »
no it will not grow. it will decrease actually. because like 80% of the playing community is hacking.

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 12:46:00 PM »
no it will not grow. it will decrease actually. because like 80% of the playing community is hacking.

Perfect example of the committee just pointing fingers. shut up already

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 01:08:31 PM »
Looks like Ij is turning into uR (minus Pro :)) coming in here when their member hacks and making dumb little excuses like that. I'm amazed at according to them, how its always "they were only testing the system" and they "NEVER used it in a match EVER EVER" because "he's my BESTEST friend and would NEVER do that," "and btw all other clans are GARBAGE." I love seeing that comradery amongst clans with hackers, it puts little tears in my eyes to see how close they are.  );    (and smiles too, since it's always a foolish post that's funny to read)

Will you add more posts so that we may enjoy this thread more?

not only AsTHor but jusu is always very sarcastic and quick to say what ever is on his mind, a committee member pointing fingers bringing this game down with his slander

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 01:13:06 PM »
If you hate the game and people so much, then leave... Like I said before in the post you copied out of no where, please, add more posts so that we may enjoy this thread more. It's always funny reading what you try to say.

See how you're the one who threw your thread off topic from how the game is dying, to trying to bash people? lol

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 01:19:46 PM »
The thing is i never said i hate the game or the people i said i dont like what the people are doing to the game, and off-topic thread? i put that topic in the other stuff catagory? was i wrong to put it in other stuff? maybe pointing some things out will help people realize not to be so serious and have fun playing. so u can think of it what you like

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 01:29:05 PM »
you cant read.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 01:30:15 PM »
you cant read.

ahahahaha, gonna be honest I actually laughed out loud at that.

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 01:32:32 PM »
cool, making players seem foolish u shouldnt be in the committee

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 01:33:47 PM »
cool, making players seem foolish u shouldnt be in the committee

Last time I checked the committee was meant to help make decisions on bans, not be role models for a bunch of little kids.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 01:36:34 PM »
this is off topic but SKITZO! where ya been :D

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 01:37:34 PM »
Umm playing CSS because I'm pr0, duhh...

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 07:47:31 PM »
People seem to think that this game is dieing because of "Hackers", "People Not Buying Decent Servers", and/or "The Committee Sucks". Those are not the reasons Dp is dieing. I seem to notice ALOT of servers are up and are used by "THE ACTIVE COMMUNITY". I'm sure the servers was not the cause of players leaving. Hackers? Most hackers are/was caught in the match scene not the pubs and most of the players that was caught hacking wasn't very active anyway. Thats definitely not a reason the game is dieing. The committee does nothing to help the game in my opinion, If you can point out how they are helping the game grow or get better, DO TELL. They are not the reason either. This game is just to old and out of date in my opinion, graphics suck, Gameplay is great but Hard for newer players to get into it. Due to the site being poorly built, The in game interface sucks, and Everyone suddenly in love with these huge maps thats being made. The best times I had was when Syncmasters server was up. Speed, it was like a breathe of fresh air and excitement after a hard contested match. The excitement is not here anymore. Main reason I quit. Most of the people I've played with over the years was there on those servers and I think its a main reason they stayed around. Pubs with Airtime, Indune, Shock, ub_cliff, and any other small map stayed packed. I don't care who disagrees cause I already asked around and 89% of the active players I talked to miss those days. Sorry for going on and on. I got bored and decided to post.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 08:16:12 PM »
The committee is not meant to help or hurt the game. It's meant to find out information on multiple accounts, things to save jitspoe time on. The odd time they look at demo's, that is it.

Servers - Not even slightly a problem, there's more servers then players to fill.

I do agree that its old and out of date, but it can be made look a lot nicer. Example - Bono's mod, change the menus in dp. Make it look more appealing right away. Make a really nice set of textures - have them on download. [better yet make a standard hr4 pack]  - The current textures are terrible on download, it makes the game look terrible.

Gameplay wise - Like other games, add in a mini guides or tutorials to let them understand the basics.

Simplicity - This is accounts for menu's too, but make it so they can change more without console commands... [ex fov] -- Also make it possible to make your account ingame?

There has been many threads about this kinda thing, with multiple good ideas in them, although every build the constant change is sounds... which is more annoying then anything. I was thinking about the interpolated hit boxes, and how everyone wants them... wouldn't that make dp a lot less fun :S It's 1 hit kill, if you can never run through lines, people would play too careful. I'm 50/50 on that. But anyways, the only noticeable change I've been able to notice in builds besides sounds is the 'kill-cam' thing.

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 12:23:50 AM »
i agree on the hr4 pack for newbies and simplicity for them to but the 1 shot 1 kill is paint ball so we shouldnt change that in my opinion