Author Topic: My coworkers are trying to convince me I should sell Paintball2...  (Read 24594 times)

pinobot

• VM-68
Re: My coworkers are trying to convince me I should sell Paintball2...
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2006, 05:32:14 AM »
I think you should go with the donation plan. 
Forget about that, if you look at how much money is donated on very good software it makes you laugh. If people don't have to pay they won't, EVER.

I would be willing to pay if there was some guaranty that most cheaters are banned.
Maybe the (paid for) login name can be coupled with one ip-adres and people with dynamic ip have to login to a website first to verify their ip and username/password.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 05:54:32 AM by pinobot »

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2006, 09:38:02 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:37:02 PM by IronFist »

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2006, 03:09:20 PM »
i agree with pinobot. why pay if you dont have to? however, if you where to add some kind of 'luxury' feature for those who where to donate (or something similar), that would not be such a bad idea.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2006, 05:33:32 PM »
I'd pay $20 for a life time global login...  If you can make it where server owners can create servers that allow ONLY those who have bought their login as well as keeping the standard open servers.

The key here is that everyone still has a present day choice whether they want to take the free ride while those of us who choose to pay can enjoy some of the benefits previously mentioned. An icon or something for both the game and this forum beside our names recognizing us as paying customers would be a nice benefit.  The lifetime member could enjoy any and all future updates or benefits to the game.

Nothing wrong with donation Icons recognizing dollar amounts donated by a user either.  Could be as simple as a paint splat with a $20, $50, $100 or whatever the user feels compelled to donate.

Again, EVERYONE is still given the choice FREEBIE - DONATOR - FULLY REGESTERED - FULLY REGISTERED DONATOR

I might be insane but I'm all for taking part in the progress of this game and I have no problem investing in a game I've enjoyed for so many years especially if I am recognized for doing so.

If this game had a huge development team and loads of cash it might be a whole different story but as it is, Kudos  to Jitspoe and anyone else that has helped with the support and development of this game.  I have so many other games on my computer that I've paid a lot of money for that I NEVER play so why not invest in the one I do after all it will be my choice :)

beaver

• PGP
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2006, 07:47:31 PM »
I would definitely pay for this game like MUT said Ive played it for years and its been quite a good time and Ive watched it grow for so long plus by paying that means its just going to get better faster...

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2006, 09:40:59 PM »
Funnames only for donators.

You'll make millions.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2006, 09:41:40 PM »
ROFL. Best idea EVER.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2006, 09:55:26 PM »
i wouldn't pay.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2006, 10:02:10 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:28:59 AM by Dirty_Taco »

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2006, 12:19:21 AM »
I'd pay for a lifetime global login if shazam33 and airtime were banned form public servers.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2006, 12:55:07 AM »
I'd pay to have all the servers run airtime and crimethink 24/7.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2006, 01:23:19 AM »
I'd pay for a lifetime global login if the public servers weren't so lame.
TACO LOL Lame? This will not be a flame just putting things in perspective, seen you have seem blown public play out it.

I hope you meant no longer fun for you and several others. Because playing in public servers is not lame.

This is lame......
Dying with out making the world a better place for you children, that is lame. Loosing your house in a fire or is lame as well. Having your children or spouse die before you is lame too. Making prank calls tying up 911 phones is lame and against the law. Not as important but just as lame is helping a 15 year old write a fictitious story about their sexual encounters that is also lame and is 100% criminal. Ruining other peoples fun on purpose and calling people names on line is lame as well cowardly. Would you like to hear more about what is lame? I got a really good last one. Backstabbing this game and belittling everyone in it every chance you can get and then continue to play it. Along with those players you call lame, well sir that is lame also.

On a lighter note......

So Taco let me get you correct, so far we have.......(these are not quotes, sorry I am not the type of person who keeps database of quotes handy in the hopes of belittling someone. I find that rather lame and sad)

1. "The public servers are lame because I said."
2.  "PB cup is lame and dead because I killed it."
3.  "DP is lame and dead because its not fun anymore."
4.  "But I would pay if they weren't so lame"

Wow 4 sudden unexplainable trends combind with some random cosmic occurrence. Everything about DP in your opinion is Lame. Awesome!

We all know you used to have alot of fun playing on public maps and still do I have proof. Would you like to see your self laughing and having fun while playing on public? In all honesty we all agree you can be fun to play with or against and a pretty cool guy.

Now back to the topic.

How can the public servers improve? In your opinion. Funny you were asked that same question and with out hesitation you said "maplists" and added nothing else. Any other suggestions now that you exhausted your last copout.

On similar note..I would really like to see admins have to pay a small fee for a official server status. Then charge for the global login.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2006, 09:05:28 AM »
Loial, I completely agree with all your points and observations to DirtyTaco.

After viewing some recent screenshots and demos I find it funny DT would talk about lameness.  I would expect the kind of behavior I witnessed out of a couple of the old schoolers on there but it would seem that DirtyTaco has turned to the dark side as of late.  A person whom I thought had intelligence and even earlier in this very thread seemed to show interest in helping the DP community, more specifically it's newer clientele as depicted in Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 07:33:16 PM of this thread, instead resorts to the kind of bad behavior he himself has condemned so many times in the past.  What a fine example you are setting for others by teaching them how NOT to be "lame" on public servers.  You have contributed so many good things to this community in the past... what gives?  I guess my image of you being a level headed, mature and intelligent young adult were simply a mirage. 

The public servers are predominantly full of newer players so if you're not going to stick to your own previously acclaimed intention of helping newbies, you have no respect for those who play pubs along with those who admin them or those who provide them, and you think they are so lame, then don't come on them.  I really want to believe you're above that kind of bad behavior.

Loial, on your other note, I couldn't disagree with you more.  It seems to me you have a vendetta against admins and it makes no sense whatsoever why you would want them to be forced to pay a fee.

If a person is the admin of a server then the server owner/s, whom already pay dearly to provide the very servers that support the game, obviously have intrusted them with admin access.  The owners and admins contribute their own time and/or money to the game already.  Why would you penalize them with a fee?? Instead, they should be given a discount because without them there would be no place to play the game and no one to run them. 

You're admin of your own server and recently have been made an admin on GRaFFiTi servers.  Do you not feel your contributions to those servers are worth anything and are you in a hurry to have to pay more than just a standard lifetime fee for a global login like everyone else??

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2006, 11:41:39 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:28:56 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2006, 12:55:11 PM »
yeah moonlit2r was on and i was the only person in there. thats f***ed up.

SmackWaters

• VM-68
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2006, 02:39:21 PM »
Funnames only for donators.

You'll make millions.

thats what i was about to say. I don't like paying for online games though.

maybe you could allow donators to get their own custom uniforms with their names on it in the game.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2006, 02:53:18 PM »
If I do the donation thing, I would probably do the following:
- Optional donation-only servers, where only people who have donated can play.  This would hopefully help with the lameness, but it may be difficult to keep them populated.
- Some kind of indicator (perhaps not in-game, but on the player info page for dplogin.com, like sourceforge does) that distinguishes regular accounts from donator accounts.
- Perhaps some other incentives, if I can think of any, like making map votes count for more or something.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2006, 05:12:54 PM »
I don't think the first one is a good idea, because (like you said) no one would ever be in the servers. For the second, I don't think anyone is going to really care if there's something in their profile. The third is the best idea. I still think funnames for donators only. The more I think about it, the more it's a good idea. :D

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2006, 05:14:47 PM »
Perhaps, if you donate your avatar shows up on all your posts instead of your profile. Or, just have like a "donor" image under your name on your posts.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2006, 06:18:51 PM »
I wish our Avatar showed up anyway on our posts like many other forums, then like skater says have a donor image or something under the name.

The forum part would be easy - Maybe a special column on the scoreboard to put a splat or something recognizing donators and fully registered players.  Then players can continue to use their names as they choose.