Author Topic: Tie Map  (Read 4864 times)

nub

• VM-68
Tie Map
« on: June 27, 2010, 08:29:40 PM »
Pretty sure this has been brought up like 1000 times. But wasting like 30 mins to decide a match map is gey.
There should just be a universal list and choose from there.

Also no beta maps in a match. There is a reason why they are beta.

That is all.

MyeRs

• Autococker
Re: Tie Map
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 08:47:21 PM »

+1

Some teams do not realize that tie maps are maps that both teams know equally well, and both teams have a chance at it. Naming maps that your clan secretly found and learned is retarded. The purpose of your map is to choose what your team is good at and would have an advantage on, ignoring beta's, that's when you're creative choosing a map. Once it's tie map you realize both teams must agree, so saying stuff you know they will say no to is just plain stupid. I only really notice aNj do this to be honest, but I realize you made this thread because of xP and in the end you had to play a beta as tie.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 10:24:56 PM »
Twiling_b3 and zpar11_beta are very good maps. I don't see the problem with them.

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 03:29:02 AM »
twiling_b3 i believe is played differently with people using the gl_brightness.
I think the mappers intention was to keep the map dark. making more interesting game play.

and

why don't they just release zpar already ?

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 06:20:09 AM »
twiling_b3 i believe is played differently with people using the gl_brightness.
I think the mappers intention was to keep the map dark. making more interesting game play.

and

why don't they just release zpar already ?

Pretty sure Cusoman is wrecking zpar then releasing it for DT. (<3 Cuso).

I don't have to turn my gl_brightness up, I guess everyone has different monitors though.

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 11:05:30 AM »
Pretty sure this has been brought up like 1000 times. But wasting like 30 mins to decide a match map is gey.
There should just be a universal list and choose from there.

That is all.

that could be a reason why i haven't played dp in months! :P
someone should just create a list and designate these as "official tie maps"

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 08:51:13 PM »
i vote icepond as the official tie map of dp.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 05:45:27 PM »
The problem with this is that we could set rules. We could set guidelines. Heck I wrote a 3 page set of guidelines for matching 2 years ago but never posted it because it would take everyone's cooperation to enforce. Just like hacking and banning people. What good does it do to ban them if everyone continues to allow them to play in matches on private servers? All maps should be decided on irc before the match even takes place. Simple as that. Only people that should even talk in a match are whoever is repping the team as captain for the match. Simple as that. Everyone's demo should be immediately uploaded to the demo share site. This would help all the squabbing over demo threads. If you were required to submit then it would be second nature. If a member of a team doesn't submit that team should go on a no play list for all to see for a few days. Yet again, WE as a community should do this to help limit the number of modded content users. Yet again, it won't work because WE will not enforce any of this as a community. Still won't work simply because too many people won't want to see themselves or friends banned.

It is a good idea though, Matt. Sorry the community won't back the idea up with actions. 

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 04:07:28 AM »
"Everyone's demo should be immediately uploaded to the demo share site."

DÖ_:::::::::::::::::::::::DDDD yes the best idea ever !!!

AsThor

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 10:46:45 AM »
u could make screenshots and take demos of players violating the rules :p i think a ban for violators would be enough to enforce the rules :p

STeam

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 09:58:18 PM »
maybe dont beta maps as tie..

Spartax

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 03:26:55 AM »
maybe dont beta maps as tie..

i'd rather say , not beta map as home map , if both teams agree with beta map for a tiemap theres no reason to dont play it ;)

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 07:36:30 PM »
i'd rather say , not beta map as home map , if both teams agree with beta map for a tiemap theres no reason to dont play it ;)
i think that the point is that there is a lot of betas and when you are discussing about tie you can say 20+ betas that the other team doesnt know ;)

Anyway, today i had an idea about the rules for tie map
Each team has to say 6 maps(maybe more?) that they want for tie.
Then when players cant agree on map, the team that won by more points on map (51<53 ) so the team that won by 53 points will decide if there will be pp1 or air as tie map(those maps are the most frequent and everyone know them so i think those 2 maps are good as standart tie maps :) ) and the other team can choose color.
The rule that the team that won by more points is just to make it more random and to focus to play the 2 flag(hopefully more tactic) maps because there is higher chance that your team will be able to choose the map :).

As for betas:Each team can only propose 2 maps of 6 as beta

Also when the team decides to choose take as tie 1 of the 6 proposed than the team that won by lesser points (regarding to the first pharagrahph) will choose the color for tie(the color isnt so important usually)
I think thats all. Please tell me what you think about this rules i am not sure how usefull it would be and thanks for comments :)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 08:24:55 PM »

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 06:55:21 AM »
yeah color in pp1 or air matters so much !

Santader

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2010, 06:08:59 PM »
officialtiemapisshock