Author Topic: Global Gamers DP League  (Read 54243 times)

JUICEY

• VM-68
Re: Global Gamers DP League
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2010, 11:00:07 AM »
On the website could you add biker as a member to ]SanC[
Well about 2 days ago, MyeRs came into our channel on vent and asked if biker was going to participate in the league and biker said probably not. so.. I can add him but maybe to the "not active in the league" section? Unless he can play and changes his mind.

LoreOfSerpents

• PGP
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2010, 05:42:31 PM »
Hi, guys!

Just letting you know that ButtaKnife and I are FINALLY back from QuakeCon.  We're catching up on what webhead, ViciouZ, MyeRs, and Gama have been doing while we were absent, and we'll work through their list of issues asap to help this roll on.  :)

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2010, 10:42:29 AM »
the league sounds great and all...i have only 1 problem with it. its not really helping or encouraging newer players, its more like keep the old-timers and 'pro's' entertained...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 02:49:16 AM by bLiNdThInG »

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2010, 10:57:46 AM »
what the intercourse... everyone couldve signed in so stop crying.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2010, 10:59:26 AM »
the league sounds great and all...i have only 1 problem with it. its not really helping or encouraging newer players, its more like keep the old-timers and 'pro's' entertained...

newer players only care for speed server spray & pray, not for matches. their fault, not the organizers'

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2010, 11:04:36 AM »
a game needs to do both to be successful -- but the point of a league isn't to help new players: it's to provide a structured competition format for those who want to compete. and new players are probably more concerned with honing their gameplay rather than competing.

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2010, 02:48:03 AM »
alright relax its just a game.
newer players only care for speed server spray & pray, not for matches. their fault, not the organizers'
im a newer playing and i dont want that, i'd love to match but i never get the chance...

i understand exactly what the league is for and its really great that clans can match on a regular basis like that.
i guess im just annoyed i have to stick to pubs.

good luck with the league. :)

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2010, 07:07:44 AM »
If you want to match, just get on IRC and try to join an active clan. 

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2010, 10:29:01 AM »
ino i have but thers not that many active clans and the ones that are, are not suitable because i cant speak their language, so im kinda stuck for options.  :-\

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2010, 01:52:15 PM »
Ah, I see.  Can you speak any English at all, or must you use a translator for everything?  If you can, don't care how little, join #team_cc and I will try and let you match with us sometimes.  Hopefully your timezone isn't too big of a problem though.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2010, 02:36:11 PM »
If you're talking about blindthing he's from England and he's probably +5/6 hours if you're West Coast.
I had the same problem you did since I'm Portuguese, so I just joined an american clan.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2010, 10:40:03 PM »
If you're talking about blindthing he's from England and he's probably +5/6 hours if you're West Coast.

West coast would be +8 to england.

These teams still need to register their players:
Exz, Ij, xP, sTn.

Leaders for the following teams need to log in and hit the Sign up button as instructed on the home page:
Exz, Ij, xP, Dark.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2010, 07:32:16 AM »
Have the reserves take their spots.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2010, 01:38:00 AM »
Does it start tommorrow?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2010, 09:44:02 AM »
By start we mean we announce the first match setups incase you didn't realize, but the match fixtures would be later on in the week. But this will probably keep getting pushed because people still wont go get their teams set on the website. I believe Exz died, so I think we're looking for 1 more NA team also.

EDIT:  xP just informed me they will not be participating... so we need 2 NA teams now.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:39:32 AM by MyeRs »

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2010, 12:06:27 PM »
I believe Exz died, so I think we're looking for 1 more NA team also.

It shouldn't matter if the clan died, you don't have to be in the same clan to be on the team

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2010, 12:53:13 PM »
It shouldn't matter if the clan died, you don't have to be in the same clan to be on the team

Well when most of their active members have/are joined/joining teams already in the league, you assume they're not playing with the team they signed up. Anyways - they told me they weren't playing, so 2 teams are needed.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2010, 07:11:22 PM »
I had the same problem you did since I'm Portuguese, so I just joined an american clan.

We already have one brit. I'm sure I can talk our notorious leader to give this blind kid a chance. I like the way he opens his mouth (no pun intended). What say you? I'll put it up to a vote.

On subject.....   So we are now waiting on two more NA teams to sign up before the league starts?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2010, 08:37:18 PM »
On subject.....   So we are now waiting on two more NA teams to sign up before the league starts?

The match fixtures for the week will be announced tomorrow, if teams cannot make it they have to inform an admin ASAP for a rescheduled time. We're setting the empty spots as spares1 and spares2, then teams can take those spots by I believe Tuesday at the latest, then if spots are still empty they stay spares. So hopefully 2 teams can form and participate. I know of 1 team which is working on getting 2 teams together. Also - Europeans: Could you help us get in touch with sTn ? As of tomorrow their spot is up for grabs, well I guess as of today for Europeans.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2010, 07:55:09 PM »
- The season part of the league will last 7 weeks, each team will play 1 game per week. More detailed information about this can be found at http://www.globalgamers.net/league/index.php?l=1&s=1&mod=article&view=details&no=1

- If a team notices they cannot have enough players for their scheduled time, they must contact a league admin as soon as possible. The admin will talk with their opponents to try to find a more suitable time. If no time is reached both teams will receive 1 point for that week's game. IF the team did not inform an admin soon enough that their team could not make that time, the admin will still attempt to help find a better time, but since it was too late that team would receive a loss.

- Like a normal match, you must win 2 maps to win the match. However, you get a point per map won. Which means you can lose the match and receive 1 point.

- Each team must choose their map from the map pool, the same map can be chosen twice if both teams want it. The referee will msg the team leader from each team/or team Captain if the leader is absent asking for the team's map prior to the start. This way, it doesn't matter whose map is first because the maps are already known. Tiemap is predetermined. To see the complete maplist view: http://www.globalgamers.net/league/index.php?l=1&s=1&mod=article&view=details&no=2

- The timezone we're going with for NA is Eastern timezone - For European it is GMT+1

- The servers being used for NA are x/GGDPL Private servers - For European is Global Gamers League #1/2 . All league games must be played on the league servers!

- The match fixtures can be found here: http://globalgamers.net/league/index.php?l=1&s=1&mod=match&view=schedule

Note

- 2 NA teams are still missing. 1 Euro team's spot is up for grabs as sTn has not put their team on the website. MSG an admin to enter your team.

- We're still looking for 2/3 European referees and 1 NA referee.

- Demo's are still mandatory, every demo[no matter how many reconnects] Use: http://www.banterous.co.uk for demo uploads.

- As of tuesday squad modifications and teams joining the league are closed. Changes after that will only be possible during one or two select weeks in the season.

If you have any other questions/concerns msg an admin in #dpleague