Author Topic: Global Gamers DP League  (Read 54244 times)

Delphi

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
Re: Global Gamers DP League
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2010, 06:04:50 AM »

shep

• VM-68
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2010, 06:56:39 AM »
[ b ] have 3-4 active members if u need an NA clan

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2010, 08:20:53 AM »
= Sandassult ?

Yeh it's Sandassult. There was a few other typos in the list that I'll post once I have the time to check it.

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2010, 09:18:27 AM »
- Like a normal match, you must win 2 maps to win the match. However, you get a point per map won. Which means you can lose the match and receive 1 point.
That's a nice mode, good choice :) I'm a little bit confused atm though. Does this mean that a 2:0 and a 2:1 is nearly the same for the winner team, but not the same for the looser team? Not 3 points for a 2:0?

2:0 - 2 points
2:1 - 2 points
1:2 - 1 point
0:2 - 0 points

Btw., are there entity files for the maps now?

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2010, 09:24:50 AM »
For every map you win, you get 1 point, meaning 2:0 and 2:1 gives you 2 points, but the later gives 1 point to your opponent.

As for .ent files, the only ones we have are:
castle1.ent
shazam22.ent

If you have any other entity files that improve gameplay, we would be thankful to have them shared.

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2010, 09:39:09 AM »
Thank you!

I could make some more files...

But I don't know what improvements the admins would like to see. Just some changes for fairness or more generall changes like guns, items, flags, new entities (p.a. flags, spawnpoints), league message, etc.?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2010, 12:29:01 PM »
[ b ] have 3-4 active members if u need an NA clan

Awesome. Come on IRC and we'll set it up on the website.

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2010, 12:25:08 PM »
- The timezone we're going with for NA is Eastern timezone - For European it is GMT+1

We decided it's GMT+1 including summer time, so this means all times listed on webiste are current for Germany, Czech Rep, Slovakia and Poland (unless I mixed something up).

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2010, 12:53:05 PM »
Awesome. Come on IRC and we'll set it up on the website.
or, shep, you can set it up yourself on the site -- at which point i would add you into the schedule.

Yeh it's Sandassult. There was a few other typos in the list that I'll post once I have the time to check it.
well it should be "assault". "assult" is not a word. :P I say rename the bsp.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 03:49:50 PM by webhead »

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2010, 11:59:55 AM »
Upcoming week, being the second week of GGDPLeague Season 1, is "free agent" time. Team captains may swap/add players that weren't part of other teams playing in the league. You have until midnight of Saturday, September 4th. Choose your players well and let your changes be changes for better!

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2010, 12:16:28 PM »
Upcoming week, being the second week of GGDPLeague Season 1, is "free agent" time. Team captains may swap/add players that weren't part of other teams playing in the league. You have until midnight of Saturday, September 4th. Choose your players well and let your changes be changes for better!
Nice. How about also free access to the matches for player ID's over 120000, or something like that? Or slots 9 & 10 on a team are open to players over 120000, and can be changed regularly?  If new players got to watch matches and ask questions to the observers on both teams, it would help them out a lot, and probably get them more active in the match scene too if they're interested.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2010, 12:40:47 PM »
Nice. How about also free access to the matches for player ID's over 120000, or something like that? Or slots 9 & 10 on a team are open to players over 120000, and can be changed regularly?  If new players got to watch matches and ask questions to the observers on both teams, it would help them out a lot, and probably get them more active in the match scene too if they're interested.
Perhaps they won't know what's going on and they will just want to play.. They will see many people on the server so they will try to join.
Can be abused, as well.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2010, 01:44:35 PM »
Can be abused, as well.
true, older users could get in on matches by creating a multi, i suppose.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2010, 05:08:49 PM »
Perhaps they won't know what's going on and they will just want to play.. They will see many people on the server so they will try to join.
Can be abused, as well.
true, older users could get in on matches by creating a multi, i suppose.
True. then maybe just allow spectator mode to new players, and give them the rules first. If they do something wrong then temp-ban them from the match. I'm sure it'd be a legit reason to give ref's enough ops during the league to temp-ban someone.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2010, 07:35:28 PM »
I'm sure it'd be a legit reason to give ref's enough ops during the league to temp-ban someone.
refs already have enough ops for that. ;)

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2010, 11:19:21 PM »
Then that could be a good way for new players to see how our match scene plays and what it's like, the best advertisement would be to ask Jitspoe to make a 'News' post advertising the GlobalGamers Tourney, and that any new players to the game are welcome to come watch any matches of the tournament. Then link to the scheduled matches, observer rules, and to a #dpleague irc chat so they can ask to come in and watch.

Although it would take more details to get it all to work correctly, but it wouldn't hurt to try something like that for a couple weeks during this tournament to see if it gathers any interest of new players.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2010, 12:34:46 AM »
thats cool

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2010, 03:51:21 AM »
Then that could be a good way for new players to see how our match scene plays and what it's like, the best advertisement would be to ask Jitspoe to make a 'News' post advertising the GlobalGamers Tourney, and that any new players to the game are welcome to come watch any matches of the tournament. Then link to the scheduled matches, observer rules, and to a #dpleague irc chat so they can ask to come in and watch.

Although it would take more details to get it all to work correctly, but it wouldn't hurt to try something like that for a couple weeks during this tournament to see if it gathers any interest of new players.

I agree, how's about when you first open up Paintball, a little "pop-up" appears stating everything you said. But wouldn't this require a new build? If it does, we should probably wait till the next season of the league starts.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2010, 09:01:24 PM »
I agree, how's about when you first open up Paintball, a little "pop-up" appears stating everything you said. But wouldn't this require a new build? If it does, we should probably wait till the next season of the league starts.

Hmm, something tells me a feature like this has been previously suggested... like an in-game news flash thing that only shows unread news items, that jitspoe would control.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #159 on: September 12, 2010, 05:06:48 PM »
This week, being the 4th week of GGDPLeague Season 1, is another "free agent" week, this is the last time during this league that teams will be able to modify their rosters. Team captains may swap/add players that weren't part of other teams playing in the league. You have until midnight of Saturday, September 18th. Choose your players well and let your changes be changes for better!