Author Topic: Global Gamers DP League  (Read 54827 times)

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
Re: Global Gamers DP League
« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2010, 04:16:09 PM »
Team X has 1 spot available to play with us in the league. Message me here or on IRC (ricochet - #team_x) if you are looking for a team to play with. We are not that picky, and like to have fun. I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2010, 04:47:11 PM »
Team X has 1 spot available to play with us in the league. Message me here or on IRC (ricochet - #team_x) if you are looking for a team to play with. We are not that picky, and like to have fun. I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Anyone is welcome to apply. Heck, it might even lead to a new friendships. Please keep in mind we try to keep all our teammates feelings into consideration when choosing someone to become part of our society. Chalk would prefer a someone around 17-19 with muscles bigger than skadoosh's. Adias would like someone with possible blonde hair with east European heritage but resides in North America. Nub is fine with anyone as long as their hair is curlier than his. Webhead just would like someone who is NOT virtual. Last but not least, Viciouz would like to be able to nickname the new person "Lenin".

*forgot primo, he just wants someone who plays more often than him.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2010, 04:52:44 PM »
close match against darkness somebody info me in sauna priv

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2010, 08:13:29 PM »
Anyone is welcome to apply. Heck, it might even lead to a new friendships. Please keep in mind we try to keep all our teammates feelings into consideration when choosing someone to become part of our society. Chalk would prefer a someone around 17-19 with muscles bigger than skadoosh's. Adias would like someone with possible blonde hair with east European heritage but resides in North America. Nub is fine with anyone as long as their hair is curlier than his. Webhead just would like someone who is NOT virtual. Last but not least, Viciouz would like to be able to nickname the new person "Lenin".

*forgot primo, he just wants someone who plays more often than him.

Lol!ol!Ol!OlOL1ol!LO!lO!lO!l!OlO!lL!OL!
and did i mention .... ROFL! ;D ;D ;D ;D
That was hilarious. (because it's all true.)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2010, 08:23:50 PM »
I <3 meh team!!!

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2010, 10:16:40 AM »
PLAYOFFS

The playoffs will take place Saturday the 16th, and 23rd of this month. The 16th will consist of all 8 teams playing in the quarter finals. The 23rd will consist of the winning 4 playing in the semi finals, as well as the finals right after. Teams can change 'times' if both teams agree, but they cannot change the dates for the 23rd, matches on the 16th can be changed if both teams agree and inform an admin of the switch to ensure ref's and server availability. We're hoping to have Jehar streaming most of the playoffs.

Each team will choose their map from the map pool given; which is based off all the tie maps from the season. If a tie map is needed, the teams will use the process of elimination to decide the tie map.

Each team plays their map on their server, and the tie will be on the server of the team that ranked higher in the season.

MAPLIST (Could be subject to small changes)

- Pbcup_sassault
- Pbcup_Pforest
- Propaint1
- Nml
- Shazam22
- Oth
- Castle1

QUARTER-FINAL MATCHES

1 EU vs 4 NA - oXMoZe .oXz. vs Inner Sanctum -]SanC[-
2 EU vs 3 NA - Noblexity [eX] vs Allstarz *STaRz*
3 EU vs 2 NA - Kicking Ugly Children [Kuc] vs College Court [CC]
4 EU vs 1 NA - Overpowered [OVP] vs What The ____? >o.O<

TIMES

oXz vs -]SanC[-  --> 1pm EST / 19:00 CEST (UTC+2)
[eX] vs *STaRz* --> 1pm EST / 19:00 CEST (UTC+2)
[kuc] vs [CC] --> 2pm EST / 20:00 CEST (UTC+2)  -- Could be slightly delayed.
[OVP] vs >o.O< --> 2pm EST / 20:00 CEST (UTC+2)  -- Could be slightly delayed.

Season Rankings (Eu and NA combined)

1- oXMoZe
2- Noblexity
3- What The ____?
4- College Court
5- Kicking Ugly Children
6- Allstarz
7- Inner Sanctum
8- Overpowered

Player Stats

Congratulations to the following for having the top 3 individual player stats during the 7 weeks of the season.

1. [CC]Olbaid           -- Kills: 88  - Deaths: 23
2. >o.O<MyeRs       -- Kills: 291 - Deaths: 183
3. >o.O<CheMiCaL   -- Kills: 273 - Deaths: 174

See full listing here: http://www.globalgamers.net/league/index.php?l=1&s=1&mod=stats&view=players

EDIT: Clarified rules on 'date changing'
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:45:16 AM by MyeRs »

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2010, 10:21:40 AM »
Teams can change 'times' if both teams agree, but they cannot change the dates.

Good job, well I won't be playing at all, way to pick the weekends for people who have lives.

JUICEY

• VM-68
« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2010, 10:26:03 AM »
most people who play this game go to school/work and dont come home till around 3-4pm, and if the playoffs were held during the week, im sure it wouldnt work out well because if a game was scheduled for 5pm US time, then that would be around midnight for euros so.. :\

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2010, 10:59:15 AM »
look who your talking to. Its Myers. Pulling a 24/7 like shk.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2010, 12:46:16 AM »
shut up.... you're on cs more then anyone is on dp... from what your cs friends said. LOL

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #170 on: October 12, 2010, 05:27:59 PM »
Well the league times sucked for me as well but that is what it is. Maybe the next one will be more team oriented and allow us the chance to schedule times that work for each team playing instead of having someone who isn't even playing dictate the time and day.

Delphi

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #171 on: October 13, 2010, 05:31:41 AM »
Well the league times sucked for me as well but that is what it is. Maybe the next one will be more team oriented and allow us the chance to schedule times that work for each team playing instead of having someone who isn't even playing dictate the time and day.
+1

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #172 on: October 13, 2010, 08:14:53 AM »
There were so many leagues with the rules you say and there are only troubles with it always.. One team says that he doesn't time this date and the second one doesn't have time the next time.. Then the whole league is delayed as hell and noones interested in at all, because they think it's all because of the admins..

I didn't have time in more than 50% matches either, but hey.. I don't give a s**t. I'm not the only one who's playin..

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2010, 10:08:47 AM »
best idea to do them on saturday :D lol wtf... o well dont think kuc is able to play then.

STeam

• VM-68
« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2010, 10:41:11 AM »
Good job, well I won't be playing at all, way to pick the weekends for people who have lives.
+1

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #175 on: October 13, 2010, 10:46:36 AM »
well im pretty sure weekdays wouldn't work out for euros playing americans/canadians... so be quiet and stop complaining

DuDe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2010, 11:27:09 AM »
Well I'm pretty sure weekends will not either =( just saying cause *STaRz* never matchs on weekends =/

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2010, 10:19:04 PM »
that would be starz' problem. :)

actually I think the scheduling issue will not be that hard to solve for next season. we already have some ideas about changes for next time.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #178 on: October 13, 2010, 11:03:41 PM »
Next time? :/   But this time didn't even finished yet, so why isn't it just solved now?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2010, 01:14:42 PM »
Next time? :/   But this time didn't even finished yet, so why isn't it just solved now?

This league is a trial, and we track what ideas worked well and which not so much. So for following leagues we can accommodate to more people. Now, this 'saturday sucks' issue, It's euros vs americans, just like most '1 day tournaments' they occur on saturday's to work for the timezones. We've stated you can move the quarter finals if both teams agree, but if you can't make the semis/finals the following saturday that really sucks but it's not moving. But, if your enjoying your life that whole saturday you shouldn't need to complain on here, because you've got a life. You've got up to 8 in your team, i'm sure 3 can make it. If not, it's just a dp2 league with a prize if you make the finals.