Author Topic: Global Gamers DP League  (Read 54831 times)

Justinph5

• Autococker
Re: Global Gamers DP League
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2010, 01:30:58 PM »
But, if your enjoying your life that whole saturday you shouldn't need to complain on here, because you've got a life.
Haha you're right. Sucks for you, I'll be out fishing, much more rewarding! :)   Almost makes me feel bad for the people playing on weekends, 'almost' having a 'whole' Saturday of life, while I have a full 'whole' Saturday of life. lol check out that grammar!!!

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2010, 01:41:40 AM »
Haha you're right. Sucks for you, I'll be out fishing, much more rewarding! :)   Almost makes me feel bad for the people playing on weekends, 'almost' having a 'whole' Saturday of life, while I have a full 'whole' Saturday of life. lol check out that grammar!!!

ye, you keep repeating that you have a life a lot... must be true.

Anyway, I think playing on the saturdays is the only way. It is not possible to have euros play americans on other days.

Good job on keeping the league going, will be interesting to watch some games tonight. If there are some streams?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2010, 09:12:17 AM »
Good job on keeping the league going, will be interesting to watch some games tonight. If there are some streams?

We're hoping to have Jehar streaming most of the playoffs, he told us that he'll try to work it into his schedule.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2010, 11:43:06 AM »
haha how someone (m*ers) cares so much about some dp league :D lol and how hard it is for hiim to realize that 90% people have better things to on saturday than play dp2

Good luck kuc if someone will play, out now bye.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2010, 11:48:50 AM »
haha how someone (m*ers) cares so much about some dp league :D lol and how hard it is for hiim to realize that 90% people have better things to on saturday than play dp2

I understand people have better things to do on a saturday, but everyone got upset when PBCup was 'No euros because timezone it causes so many more difficulties with timezones and servers' so we found a way to work it so we get both Euro and NA in the league, this means when they cross over the divisions we need a day that can accommodate both. We didn't allow crossovers during the season because we wanted to avoid weekends, but now it's the only day that will work. Americans cannot get on early enough during weekdays without making europeans stay on till midnight or later. So if you have so much 'better things' to do on saturdays, you should not care that you forfeited the quarters, and shouldn't take the time to post about it on forums. You also shouldn't start raging about it afterwards or reply to this post.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2010, 08:49:09 AM »
Did any of the saturday matches go off?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2010, 09:04:08 AM »
Did any of the saturday matches go off?

Yep, there was 2 played matches, and 2 forfeits.

oXz beat SanC --- SanC members left after being down 30-3 on OTH.
eX beat StaRz --- Only 1 StaRz member showed, so it was a forfeit.
CC beat Kuc --- Kuc had 2 at the starting time, but 1 of them disapeared, so it was a forfeit.
o.O beat OVP --- o.O won 2-0

The Semi finals and the finals information and matchups should be posted later today.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #187 on: October 17, 2010, 12:16:17 PM »
so cool to win league when half the teams forfeit =)

f3l1x

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #188 on: October 17, 2010, 03:04:32 PM »

It's only the game. Everyone can't be still happy..

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #189 on: October 17, 2010, 05:34:39 PM »
lol

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #190 on: October 18, 2010, 02:59:36 PM »
Hopefully by now people realize Saturdays are the dates of the playoffs. Saturday 23rd of October will be the semi finals as well as the finals. The semi finals are able to be rescheduled to anytime BEFORE the scheduled time.

MATCHUPS:

.oXz. vs [CC] --> 1pm EST / 19:00 CEST (UTC+2)  -- Server advantage goes to .oXz.
[eX] vs >o.O< --> 1pm EST / 19:00 CEST (UTC+2)  -- Server advantage goes to [eX]

Finals will be at 2pm EST / 20:00 CEST (UTC+2) -- This could be slightly delayed.

If teams agree to rescheduling, msg a league admin to inform them of the change.

NOTE: So, all the people complaining about the timings of the but if you look back at the most recent PBCup attempt, the euros complained about not being included, yet the problems were stated numerous times why they did not want to include euros. Now, we've got Europeans and Americans and of course there's the same problems but we tried to accommodate them as well as possible, which started by not crossing over divisions until playoffs so we could avoid weekends. We had 1 weekend game scheduled during this entire league and look at the rage it caused. Euro vs NA isn't possible to run without using weekends, so just a question - Would it be better to not merge Euro and NA leagues for future reference? This means you'd get 8-10 teams tops, instead of 16-20. It takes out a lot of competition too. After the league is finished we will have a thread to post what went well and what didn't go so well for future reference.

Goodluck to the teams playing in the semi's!

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #191 on: October 18, 2010, 03:31:09 PM »
Everyone has a life, some people have time to play on the weekends, some people have time during the week. If you can't make a match..OH WELL. It's not the end of the world and it's not biased scheduling against you. There is a good reason for the Saturday matches (time differences). Can you think of a better time to play NA vs Euro?
I personally think that the 2 teams playing should be able to schedule their matches at the beginning of the week for a day/time that suits both as opposed to predetermined times (for next season).

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #192 on: October 18, 2010, 03:41:51 PM »
Would it be better to not merge Euro and NA leagues for future reference? This means you'd get 8-10 teams tops, instead of 16-20. It takes out a lot of competition too.
But ya'll didn't even cross leagues until semi-s. There was no extra matches in the league because of them being merged. Why make it harder to schedule everything by crossing leagues if it doesn't even add extra matches to the leagues? (Yes, it meant 1 extra match in the semi's, but only 2 out of 8 teams played it)

-That 1 extra match from merging leagues didn't add any competition, but killed it since only 25% of the teams played the merged matches. If you're real goal is to see 'who's the best between Euro and American', then let each league play until there's 1 team each, then that team plays as 'representative' from their continent. That way they can schedule their own final match, and not be forced to play at certain times. Which I still don't see why this current league is forced to play at a certain time if they can agree to their own schedule.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #193 on: October 18, 2010, 04:03:52 PM »
Which I still don't see why this current league is forced to play at a certain time if they can agree to their own schedule.

Every game besides the finals has had the ability to be rescheduled if both teams agreed. Teams were able to change if they could agree. And 2 of 8 teams finished a match, but 6 of 8 teams showed up with a team. The 2 that couldn't form a team had 1 person from their team online.

We avoided Euro/NA during the season due to the fact of timezones/scheduling, so we made it so the top 4 from Euro and top 4 from NA get into the playoffs, which is the cross over. Teams were able to reschedule and didn't. I don't see why people find it to be the fault of those running the league rather then themselves for waiting until last minute to try to reschedule.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2010, 05:19:42 AM »
If you're real goal is to see 'who's the best between Euro and American', then let each league play until there's 1 team each, then that team plays as 'representative' from their continent. That way they can schedule their own final match, and not be forced to play at certain times.

Lovin' that idea.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #195 on: October 19, 2010, 12:25:52 PM »
Myers shut ur bundle of twigs mouth. if i remember right it was something like this : Sklenda : hey can we play some other time if cc agrees?  Kid(myers) : sorry u couldve if asked few mins earlier =)(/(()(/()=O) IUJF

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2010, 02:43:51 PM »
Keep it civilized and keep the topic about feedback without personal attacks. If you can not I will ban the first person to act a fool and then toss a lock on the topic and only open it up for Myers to post updates.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2010, 05:04:18 PM »
This is is no means meant to be an attack of any sort, incase somebody views it as that. This is simply just pointing out something for all Kuc members:

As seen by the times, its about 1 hour and 20 minutes before the scheduled match --

[11:43] <flavor> maierz if youre here plz get CC not to match, #kuc can=S
[12:02] <MyeRs> We had it posted on like monday saying to talk to the teams if you can't make it... we'll try our best, but we can't guarantee anything.
[12:02] <flavor> ok sure:) ty

I did my part, as I told Flavor, and I msg'd CC team captain Olbaid:

[12:18] <MyeRs> kuc wants to move the match, but as said both teams must agree. If you guys don't agree, then you still must have 3 by the time and if kuc can't get their team they'd forfeit the quarters.
[12:18] <Olbaid> they wait till now to ask
[12:19] <Olbaid> meddling dumb
[12:20] <Olbaid> we would have rescheduled if they asked us earlier

There was a full work-week chance to move the match, and CC was more then willing to attempt to find a new time providing you guys request early enough. They didn't want to reschedule after showing up for the scheduled match. I can't force another team to move the match, I just asked them and they refused since it was very late notice. But I'd like to know how YOU would've done euro vs american, including West-coasters, which means the time difference can be up to 10 hours. We set the time and allowed teams to switch providing both teams agree on the time. Don't worry, we'll tweak ideas for the future leagues/cups so feel free to voice your opinion in a 'non-personal-attack' way.

lCheMiCaLl

• PGP
« Reply #198 on: October 20, 2010, 10:06:33 AM »
LOLOLOLLOOLLOLOLOLOLO rocky = kid a fat one too

User banned for this post.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 08:17:57 PM by jitspoe »

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #199 on: October 20, 2010, 10:41:31 AM »
LOLOLOLLOOLLOLOLOLOLO rocky = kid a fat one too
:/ Good job closing y'alls own topic to prevent debate from your own decisions on how the league is run...  :|   Called it once fl1p threatened it!  :P