Author Topic: New Map: Tower  (Read 3330 times)

Sklenda

• PGP
New Map: Tower
« on: August 05, 2010, 02:07:13 AM »
Hello,
I created next map with name Tower
(I don't know if this mapname already exist,so excuse me if yes.)

teams : Blue & Yellow
flags   : 2 per team

screens:

base+1st fg

main+2nd fg

bd

mid

up

download

-yellow barrels weren't good on 100% so i fixed them
-if this map is again empty I dont know what do you want on map(maybe bushes,aeroplanes,houses,villa's,ufo's,bug bunny's,animals and more  :o)

Goodbye.

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
Re: New Map: Tower
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 02:43:04 AM »
Nice map. ^^

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 03:16:34 AM »
Looks nice from the screens, especially lights.

planB

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 12:27:20 PM »
can't download it =/

Sklenda

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 12:42:08 PM »
can't download it =/
on page megaupload exist button : download file
i tried it after your post,it works
try harder please. or ask some german,he help you

T3RR0R15T

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 12:59:39 PM »

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 05:14:39 AM »
Good looking map, great work.

Delete the "teams" "2" from your worldspawn to fix the bad field warning while loading the map. "maxteams" "2" is the correct key/value, you added it also.

Your map is very small. The r_speeds are a little bit high for such a small map, because you can look from base to base. I hope that you can reduce them or this won't influence the gameplay too much. Btw., did you do a final compile? If so, hintbrushes could help to split your map more effective. Use gl_showtris 1 to see the unneccessary parts the game has to calculate.

The only thing I don't like is the second flag. In such a small map there is no need to add a second flag. It's boring that all new maps have two flags for each team. I am waiting for the day someone will release an oddjob2 map with two flags ::) I would prefer more different types of maps. The placement of your second flag isn't that bad though. There are lots of maps with worse placed second flags.

This ladders are very high and I don't believe that they get used very often, because it needs too much time to climb there. But the idea to add more possible routes in this place is nice. Maybe you could find a better sulotion for it.

I really like to see that you align almost all barrels and boxes. Very nice! Only the sides of the small barrels next to the flag (a blue one and a yellow one) should be smaller.

Another thing with the alignment are the wood textures. You have to align many of them. The top (bridges, floors, ramps) or the sides (ladders, fences, blockers of the windows) are aligned most of the time, but the other faces should be aligned too. It would look much better, if all faces of the wood brushes are looking more realistic. I will add a few pics to show you some places.

The two red brushes on the right side of the picture are also flying. I would add some stuff under the brushes, that it's more realistic.

This two bridges are also a little bit weird to me. Wood bridges are not hanging, are they? But hey, it's just a game, so I think it's ok :D

Sklenda

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 12:49:01 AM »
Ok ty for all answers (on irc,here,everywhere)

So I fixed some wood (it isn't perfect but I tried hardest ever).
That small barrels are fixed too,and I changed something,you will see.

beta 2 here:
download
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 07:38:36 AM by Sklenda »

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 05:40:59 AM »
That's not for me, it's for a better map ;)

The r_speeds are good now, wasn't final compile, heh? :D

One more thing. In this beta the bridge in front of the flag is flying, because you deleted some brushes. Doesn't look realistic, change it back to the hanging bridge.

Sklenda

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 07:41:07 AM »
beta 3 here: It can be final maybe :) so If someone wanna add this map on server you can name it Tower.bsp I think

download

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 08:22:08 AM »
I wouldn't do a final release yet!

Some people never saw this thread, because it's just a few days old. On the other side, 3 days are not enough to test the gameplay, find all bugs, etc.

Wait 2 or 3 more weeks. If there is no more feedback, the 3. beta could be the final.

bLiNdThInG

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 02:17:26 AM »
Lol, WTF smilelot!? Anyway it's a really nice map sklenda. Nice work

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 10:23:59 AM »
I've uploaded the map to the beta server (PM me if you need the login pass) and attached a demo with some suggestions.  You mostly just need to align your barrel textures.  On a side note, you need to stop using the light-colored HR4 barrels.  Those provide an unfair advantage.