Author Topic: German (child) Board  (Read 3099 times)

Matze

• 68 Carbine
German (child) Board
« on: April 27, 2006, 03:19:00 PM »
Hey everyone,

i was thinking about something like a special section where it is "allowed" to write in german, as there are many germans having spelling and grammar problems, and therefore they're "afraid" or just not able to communicate with other people.

Since there's no official german paintball forum im sure it would be great addition.

I don't know if that's everyones oppinion , so it would be nice if you/they could give us/you some feedback.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: German (child) Board
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 03:36:10 PM »
I think its a great idea!

Then I can post and you germans can make fun of me :p

Seriously though, great idea.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 03:37:58 PM »
You'd need a moderator who is fluent in german.

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 03:57:40 PM »
Well, i also thought about that moderator thing, since i'm pretty sure it would get out of control if it's unmoderated.

It's also self-evident that Jitspoe can't google translate everything, particulary when google translations don't make sense most of the time, or there could jsut be desingedly typos so that translations wouldn't work at all.

Still i think it's a good idea, and i think that Jits is going to find someone who accomplishes those creteria that are needed to moderate a german forum.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 05:46:53 AM »
Still i think it's a good idea, and i think that Jits is going to find someone who accomplishes those creteria that are needed to moderate a german forum.
I'd say that users which are quite often on the forums should do this job, such as Pureblood (b00nlander), Matze, Playah and me (;D).

***Edit: Maybe another criteria should be that the moderaters must speak English decently. Just a thought...

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 08:53:46 AM »
is there enough german players for this? And doing so could lead to other nationalities wanting their own sub-forum too. So you have to be fair to them as well.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 10:35:29 AM »
It seems as if there are enough Germans for a child board.
Other possible nations would be: France and maybe Finland (??)

MosheD

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 10:54:23 AM »
i got more plans for a german community... not released yet, but we are on the way... well I also wanted to make a german board... i got the idea longer then here and if a german child board will released, please tell me..

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 11:04:43 AM »
we just need to Mosh Moshed's idea and let Jit create a german board here :p

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 11:31:39 AM »
But i think we should be careful about segmenting the germans from everyone else if this does go ahead. The community IMO should stay as one, but this could see it moving apart?

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 11:51:21 AM »
A child board means no segregation at all!!
It's just a platform for, in this case, German players, to talk about important pieces of news and stuff.
By implementing this sub-forum, the (German) community won't move apart, cause important things still must be released in the "main" forum. In my point of view, the German board can be seen as a place of communication between the German players.

If you're not in favor of the idea as a whole, we have to think about creating our own forum.
But this platform here gives us the possibility to actually use a place where many people come together.
On the other side, if we implement a German board here, the German users, which were afraid of being here until now, will join this special community here as well.

I just can see positive aspects... Other thoughts??

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 11:58:08 AM »
i wasn't directly opposing it bitmate, just pointing out some aspects to discuss :P

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 11:59:24 AM »
And I answered :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 12:10:17 PM »
What section should it be a subforum of?  The general paintball2 discussion or help and support?

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 12:14:35 PM »
Lekky, the problem is that most germans don't even use the forums because they don't understand most ofwhat is written on here. I guess there are about 15-20 german playery who aren't even registered on here.

So if they aren't registered and not able to communicate in english, they are seperated from the community as well.

So if there would be a german child board, we could translate several important posts belonging to development, hacks and stuff like that and discuss it in german, and then when someone wants someone to transate his german text into english, we will do that and make a post like Player213 said, that ...

Just an idea to get more people involved in things like development, because its 95 % Americans (or British) who discuss those things and many other foreigners are  jsut not able to.

As fo other languages, if there are enoguh player requesting a child board for their language, why not create one?

Just some further thoughts.

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2006, 12:17:08 PM »
Jits: Well that's generally up to you, but i think that it should be under generall paintball 2 discussion since we would talk about anything related about the game, may it be help and support or maps or development.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 03:06:01 PM »
Done.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 03:23:33 PM »
..wenn ya, das geht, mir einige Zeit, Sharona zu geben ?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 04:17:27 PM »
Wrong forum.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 04:41:12 PM »
...or wrong language?