Author Topic: New Map Hidden  (Read 2744 times)

Blynk

• PGP
New Map Hidden
« on: September 21, 2010, 07:52:42 PM »
This is the First map that I have ever made.
Please let me know if you like it and if there is anything else you would like me to include. I do not take full credit for this map. CyNtEx and myself worked on this map for a while. Another person that worked on this map was Jaypeak but i have not seen him around for a while.
http://rapidshare.com/files/420469338/hidden.bsp
Click on the above link for the download. Please take a look around and tell me what you think

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: New Map Hidden
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 08:23:19 PM »
Light it pl0x.

JUICEY

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 08:57:22 PM »
I really like it :D It's well made and has a good flow to it. Hope it gets added on match servers. ^^

colon

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 05:42:35 AM »
Good looking map, but it is just too big. You could probably go a whole match without seeing someone. This map depends too much on speed and jumping than aiming especially in the matching scenario. I would definitely try to put some more obstacles around the map to slow down the pace. Also the hidden hi-bd may need some kind of indication of how to get into it or how high you need to go to reach it. I know the map is called Hidden for a reason, but I had jump around like 10 times just to get it right at times. Also, just looking around there is a lot more ice than I thought there would be you should replace the textures that are ice with the ice textures (ie platforms that speed over the map, flag 2 spot).

Blynk

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 07:17:37 AM »
Thank you for all of the comments!!!!! :D ;) :) ;D

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 01:26:45 PM »
I really like it :D It's well made and has a good flow to it. Hope it gets added on match servers. ^^
Way too early. There are enough bug maps like this, already! Let him improve and finish this map properly.

Ok, i won't post detailed feedback now. You need to fix a few general things first.

Please use beta extensions for the mapfile, maybe hidden_b1.bsp.

Fix the leak before exporting the map. You can use the leak check for it (BSP->Files->Leak Check->Load Leak File/Load (.lin)...)

You need to VIS and LIGHT your map before releasing it here. Use the final compile for this. Make sure that there are no warnings, errors, etc. while exporting the map.

As colon said, the map is way too big and the ice parts really destroy the whole map.

The flag positions are horrible. Note, that all (especially new) players should have a chance to get both flags about an easy and not too slow way. Try to avoid second flags. There is no need for it, like in almost all other maps. Most of this maps are boring and ugly just because of a bad or useless position for the second flag. That can destroy the whole map like the ice parts will do.

All in all the map isn't playable yet and I hope that no serveradmin will upload those maps. Fix the leak, the other bugs and run a final compile for the next beta (hidden_b2.bsp or something like this) and we will upload the map to our beta server. I will post more detailed feedback then, too.

Blynk

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 01:59:27 PM »
Chef-Killer when i run a leak check it shuts everything down it dont work

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 02:34:18 PM »
Does there appear a message box or something else or BSP just closes? Make sure, you are using the newest BSP version.

You can send me the .map if it doesn't work, though. It's very important, that your map doesn't leak.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 02:56:12 PM »
Yeah that happend to me with one of my older maps, its because he's using the version 16c (The one i use) I personally think its better and easier. Clipping planes is much easier in version 16c.

Blynk

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 07:19:31 AM »
How do i fix this problem

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 07:56:21 AM »
What problem? If you mean the leak (check), look at the last posts.

Makowiec

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 12:24:17 PM »
And textures... it's ugly :/

but nice idea for map ;)