Author Topic: [Feature Request] separate section for inactive clans  (Read 12662 times)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: [Feature Request] separate section for inactive clans
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 05:41:58 AM »
It's not only just clans that have noone in them though.  It's also new people who create clans and then become inactive and sit by themselves in it, or maybe as a duo or something.  So, you have to draw a line somewhere for that, and also then time frame as well.  Also, you could base it off how many previous members there are.  Theres a larger chance of someone wanting to go back to an old clan and wanting it again (could generate complaints).  So yeah, lots of factors from what I'm seeing.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 06:57:28 AM »
Maybe some sort of verification every six months, the leader(s) of the clan are sent a message in-game or by email or something telling them to "renew" there clan, if they don't play they won't answer and we will know that the clan is inactive if they do then all is good, eventually inactive clans would be phased out.

Maybe give them like a fortnight to answer the warning.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 12:59:46 PM »
It's not only just clans that have noone in them though.  It's also new people who create clans and then become inactive and sit by themselves in it, or maybe as a duo or something.  So, you have to draw a line somewhere for that, and also then time frame as well.  Also, you could base it off how many previous members there are.  Theres a larger chance of someone wanting to go back to an old clan and wanting it again (could generate complaints).  So yeah, lots of factors from what I'm seeing.

This would make it so that jitspoe has to interfere. Prove that someone hasn't played in X amount of days. You can't, Jitspoe can. The only way this is getting implemented is if Jitspoe doesn't have to do anything other than create the code.

And again, I don't see how old clans coming back has a larger chance. No one plays this game, No clans are being created by old players, and if someone wants to recreate an old clan, then they better had been the original creator of it.

Omni: I hate that idea just based on the fact that it's annoying. One 6 month period of no players in the clan should warrant a removal of the clan, period. Forget about innactive people since there is nothing YOU can do about that.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2013, 03:02:11 PM »
 that's just gunna cause people making multi accounts just to throw idlers in their favorite clans.....personally i would want some of my clans removed then sone day some random taking it.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 06:25:33 PM »
I'm kind of looking at it this way:

Do we want current/future players happy?
OR
Do we want past players happy?

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2013, 07:05:19 PM »
Or do we want the Dude happy? 

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2013, 09:06:02 PM »
I highly doubt a new team would take the same team name, it would be the tag. And if what i proposed goes through, the old teams info and score and member list would still be there even after a new clan takes a tag.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2013, 09:16:24 PM »
And again, I don't see how old clans coming back has a larger chance.
The fact that it might have had a more of a 'name', and just the general fact that there are more people that can potentially become a leader of it again, rather than 1 or 2.  It's a small factor, but should still count.
This would make it so that jitspoe has to interfere. Prove that someone hasn't played in X amount of days. You can't, Jitspoe can. The only way this is getting implemented is if Jitspoe doesn't have to do anything other than create the code.
The whole thing is going to be based off code, but why not add some weights that also offset this 6 months only for other factors like I listed.  If it saves some complaints later on, can't see why its a bad thing.
I highly doubt a new team would take the same team name, it would be the tag. And if what i proposed goes through, the old teams info and score and member list would still be there even after a new clan takes a tag.
So you're suggesting a seperate section for clans whose tags that have been taken?  So then, can those clans be used or not?  See, its just not as simple as 6 months.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 08:11:29 AM »
So then, can those clans be used or not?  

I'm confused by what you're asking.

Can an inactive clan's tag be used?: Yes, That's the point.

Can an inactive clan get their tag back from a living clan?: No, Unless they request it from the team, or jitspoe, But I suspect it will be: if it's been taken by a living clan, then you're SOL. And of course, if the tag stealers' clan goes inactive, you could take it back.

People are more worried about their members lists getting messed. Their clan would still have it's own page so that they can remember their glory. Basically, their old team would be untainted; they just wouldn't be able to recreate the clan with that same tag.

Maybe their profile would be tagged as 'inactive'?
Maybe on their profile (if their tag is taken) there would be an option to chose a new tag?

I will also say again, I think that if we give the ultimate deciding power to Jitspoe, he won't like the fact that it's one more thing he has to look in to on top of other things associated with this game. I don't know if his forum minions would be able to make these decisions (I don't see why not) But this warrants that someone actually checks the forums for requests pretty often. Using a set time limit removes all of this.

Also, I think I might adopt omni's email certification idea for checking if a clan is inactive; However only if there are 2 or less people in the clan after the X amount of days.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 08:36:07 AM by Foxhound »

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2013, 09:24:52 AM »
I would prefer to delete all empty clans and remove the "former clans" function. For me the only important thing about the DPLogin are the protected registered nicknames and tags of active clans. People who like a clan really much and want to present it on their profile.. shouldn't leave it.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 03:02:04 PM »
I can agree with that.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 04:18:46 PM »
Their clan would still have it's own page so that they can remember their glory. Basically, their old team would be untainted; they just wouldn't be able to recreate the clan with that same tag.
That was what I was asking.  If a clans tag was taken, would someone still be able to join that clan and have to use a different tag.  You're using the term 'recreate' which to me is implying that you're saying that the clan whose tag is taken unable to be used and has pretty much been deleted or is inaccessible to anyone to join (hence their own page to remember their glory), and if they want the name they recreate a clan with a different name.

Can an inactive clan's tag be used?: Yes, That's the point.

Can an inactive clan get their tag back from a living clan?: No, Unless they request it from the team, or jitspoe, But I suspect it will be: if it's been taken by a living clan, then you're SOL. And of course, if the tag stealers' clan goes inactive, you could take it back.
Yes I agree with that, I just don't agree with the 6 months being the only factor that is taken into account.

Also, I think I might adopt omni's email certification idea for checking if a clan is inactive
I do agree with this (but not restricted to the number of members, it could be inactive with 5-6 people in it, and it can't hurt to send an email), but in this case since its verification and not just taking straight away, I'll agree with a specific time frame being sufficient.  But, its going to rely on anyone, not just jitspoe, to be able to remove a clans tag and effectively give it to another clan that is about to be created, because currently we can't do that.

Also, what are you justifying a clan as being inactive as?

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2013, 08:52:23 PM »
But think of all the clans that have 5 people in it that ARE active. Why should their account be deleted just because the leader didn't check his email.

One fix to this is if there is a pop up client side while in game that just asks for them to accept.

I don't know if it's possible for jitspoe to make it so that it can be detected if the clan tag is worn? or if a player in the clan is actively playing?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2013, 09:29:23 PM »
But think of all the clans that have 5 people in it that ARE active. Why should their account be deleted just because the leader didn't check his email.
Ah I didn't finish.  I was meant to add that, if the leader says its fine, then you're set.  If not, the weight of having 5 people (either active or inactive) in the clan should then kick in and not allow the removal of the tag.

One fix to this is if there is a pop up client side while in game that just asks for them to accept.
Could work, but for this and above, consideration has to be taken for all leaders. One may be a leader but the other may be the 'owner' or something.

I don't know if it's possible for jitspoe to make it so that it can be detected if the clan tag is worn? or if a player in the clan is actively playing?
There's logs for when someone uses their DPLogin account, not sure about clan tags.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2013, 09:50:47 AM »
This is sort of tied to this feature vote: http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10229

I was thinking of doing some sort of "Clan Archive" system.  It's certainly feasible to move all of the data relating to a clan to some sort of archive database.  It gets a bit more complicated, though, if people want to bring it back.  Say something like [cP] got archived, then some other clan was created with the [cp] tag.  It would be impossible to bring back the original Prozak because it would conflict with the new [cp] tag.  Also, what happens when old, popular clans get archived?  I'm sure people would want to grab tags like eR33t, etc.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2013, 11:09:59 AM »
Maybe a prestige status for clans like cP, er33t, DaRk, ... ?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2013, 12:44:10 PM »
Maybe, but what qualifies a clan for that status?

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2013, 02:29:52 PM »
Committee votes?
Time?
Players?

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2013, 04:57:41 PM »

and What The___? >o.O<

winning the GGDPL? :)

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2013, 03:53:31 AM »
and What The___? >o.O<
Sure, just examples