Author Topic: [Feature Request] separate section for inactive clans  (Read 12649 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: [Feature Request] separate section for inactive clans
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2013, 08:57:52 AM »
My point is that it couldn't really be an automated system because each clan would have to be reviewed for "prestige status" before being archived.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2013, 09:25:46 AM »
Why not just keep their info page, but just reset their tag. you snooze you lose. I don't see why we are trying to be fair. As someone else previously stated. Don't leave a clan if you dont want someone to take the tag.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2013, 10:01:00 AM »
That's the idea of the archive database.  It would keep the info for historical purposes.  What I'm worried about, though, is people abusing the system, and, as soon as a well-known clan goes inactive, deliberately taking the name and tag.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2013, 10:03:00 AM »
My point is that it couldn't really be an automated system because each clan would have to be reviewed for "prestige status" before being archived.
Committee votes. I think thats a good idea.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2013, 10:54:04 AM »
But we would know, because it wouldn't show on their team profile that its the REAL one. In what i proposed, the team gets their own page with their own info and members list. I think you agree as well.

Maybe just have a forced (1) or (2) at the end of any copied name. I still don't think the player base is big enough to be worrying about the new players who don't match stealing old clans that they never knew about.

And if you're worried about the 10 people who still match and clan hop all day, then don't, because, don't.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2013, 01:22:31 PM »
i do agree their needs to be a clean up tho.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2013, 03:25:36 PM »
i do agree their needs to be a clean up tho.
there.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 03:48:03 PM by Foxhound »

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2013, 02:13:51 AM »
Im not saying that I disagree, im saying that it is kinda wrong we shouldnt have separate section, we should have delete option. Leaders of the clans should have the option Remove Clan when they are the last one in thier clan. Moderators could also have an option to "filter the clans". Wish u undrstand it

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2013, 12:55:27 PM »
Maybe this was an issue 3-5 years ago, but there's not a very high player to available clan name ratio now haha (and I doubt any players are going to come back because they can have better clan tags)

Please don't waste your time on this...