Author Topic: Newbie here; a few questions  (Read 2455 times)

jaydog

• PGP
Newbie here; a few questions
« on: May 02, 2006, 03:06:28 AM »
Hi DP Forum,

Well I am new to online gaming this is actually the first online game i have taken part in so be kind folks we were all new once at something.

Off line I have been playing URT2003 for sometime on LAN but not online ever.

I found this game last week when looking around sourceforge.net I went home loaded it and with in minutes I was hopping onto public games and it's been addictive ever since. I thought I would give it a crack as I have been playing Real Paintball since the late 1980s.

I have a few questions and Digtal Paintball Virgin.
Any help woud be great.

1/ When I refresh the server list is their any games I should not just hop in and join ?

2/ Is their any rules that should be followed about playing on the servers.

3/ Also any help clues and tips for a new person.

4/ And the final one, as I go into a new game it take some time for new maps, images and sounds to load up, is their any place or way I can download all of this in advance and copy them to a folder on the PC to save this wait.

Many thanks and any clues, links and tips for a new guy will be great.....

One thing that I like about this is I am getting to old for the pain from real paintballs, this is darn fine alternative.

Cheers for now.

Jay
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 01:26:43 AM by webhead »

Noob

Hi Jay. I am pretty new also but here is what I have learned so far:

1. Usually the public list is the public list. If there is one you shouldn't join, it will usually be passworded and you will get a message saying so when you try to join.

2. There are rules on just about every server. Cheating and disruptiveness are usually the biggest offenses.

3. This whole forum is full of tips. Start reading my friend. There is a good reference by Dirty_Taco about integrating into the clan community here. http://dpball.com/forums/index.php?topic=2004.0

4. This is also answered on the forum here: http://dpball.com/forums/index.php?topic=1995.0

Good luck and see you in the game.

jaydog

• PGP
Hi and thanks,

Those maps are great I got them now that should speed up things, and thanks for all the other tips.

cheers

bug

• 68 Carbine
As for question 4, my server has everything (AKA sounds, textures, even more maps, etc) for download, so you might want to check that out in addition to digi's map post.

jaydog

• PGP
Thanks Bug this is great, cant seem to get that link to load at the moment, I will try again later.  ;)

loial21

• Autococker
Bug that link is bad?

bug

• 68 Carbine
Loads perfect for me, dude

loial21

• Autococker
Yeah. Now. :)

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
Well at least everyone was nice here  ;D