Author Topic: New map: pcdp_trw_b1  (Read 7075 times)

bjorn

• PGP
Re: New map: pcdp_trw_b1
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2010, 08:02:01 AM »
Prob it'll be good for pub server but think about match scene too.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2010, 08:06:41 AM »
Prob it'll be good for pub server but think about match scene too.

YOU are the match scene.

bjorn

• PGP
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2010, 10:39:01 AM »
aha

Makowiec

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2010, 02:45:17 AM »
Any feedback? pvtjimmy, I want your opinion about this map :D

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2010, 08:45:52 AM »
Not so fast :D Great job all in all.

I like this second beta more than the first one. It's more playing and not just flying imo. Maybe a new way to the first or to the second flag would be interesting, but not more.

Are you sure, that there should be only 1 point flags? I would set the "count" "#" key for each flag and not for the bases. Maybe the main flag with 5 points and the flag high with 3 points. The other entities are ok now.

There're a few things I'd change (both bases). The barrels, ladders, ramps, etc. often need to be aligned more than two times.

Red: Add clip brushes here.
Blue: Rotate this faces (I guess 45° and 90°)
Green: Here're lots of overlapped brushes. Try to avoid this by making the horizontal brushes a little bit smaller. It looks bad and isn't good for the map, too.

Red: Move up this texture a little bit. I believe the yellow barrels are ok here.
Green: Use a lower texture size for small barrels. Lower the SY value for this surfaces and align it again. The dark ring should be lowest one.

Move this textures a little bit, that the endings won't be smaller than the rest of the texture.

Blue: Rotate this faces (90°)
Green: You can get stucked here, if you run directly in front of the oblique. I would add one more clip brush in this place.
Yellow: Maybe it would be cool, if you could crouch through those windows.

Red: Move this faces a little bit, that the dark lines fit each other.

I said this before. In my opinion an own texture would look way better than this ugly brush text.

Red: Move this texture a little bit, that the dark part of the texture is below the other dark part. I believe the yellow side is ok.
Green: Shouldn't be an other texture here?

Red: This barrel has another barrel texture. Ok ok, I could only find this misalignment because I could have a look in the .map file, hehe :D

Online @ [OTB] Beta. I'd like to test the gameplay now :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2011, 12:11:41 AM »
Attached a demo with some suggestions and uploaded the map to the beta server.  PM me if you need the login to change maps so you can play test it.

Chef-Killer: With the font style he used, I don't think the brush text looks that bad.  A texture would look pretty much the same, but blurrier (unless it's super high res).

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2011, 04:12:07 AM »
I just don't like it, but it's ok for me if there're other opinions :)

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2011, 04:52:24 PM »
Chef-Killer: With the font style he used, I don't think the brush text looks that bad.  A texture would look pretty much the same, but blurrier (unless it's super high res).
I agree, it's not bad the way it is. I might improve it by using a solid color for the blue area.