Author Topic: New map: pcdp_trw_b1  (Read 7078 times)

Makowiec

• VM-68
New map: pcdp_trw_b1
« on: October 31, 2010, 03:28:10 AM »
Finally. I'm new mapper so I can't make perfect map. Just don't scare xD.
I worked really hard and I made map "The Real World". Nothing special. Just map for speeds maybe 2s matches. Sure you'll find there a lot of mistakes but I hope they won't be important. I would to thanks Bono because he had a lot of ideas for this map and he exported this map. My notebook is too slow ;).
Screenshots:

Short video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZaxBBVWqQs
DOWNLOAD:
Mirror 1, Mirror 2

SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH!
Ah! I forgot! Polish Center Of Digital Paintball exists for 1 year! 31.10.09 - 31.10.10 :D

Chucki

• Stingray
Re: New map: pcdp_trw_b1
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 03:59:33 AM »
Is it your first map you got to a beta 1? If yes, really good job. I like the ice jumps. :D Sometimes they are a bit difficult, but I think that's because of my not so good jump skills. :P

You could add some lower jumps, too. I would only use the high ice jumps in a match, because they are the fastest way. In the middle there is only a white flag, but for me that's no reason to go low. You know what I mean? :D
Maybe a ice jump on low where you can come to high. Perhabs it would be of use in a match, to catch the rival or something like that. :D

And I like the textures, for me very good chosen.

Chucki

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 04:50:22 AM »
Just map for speeds maybe 2s matches.
:D

From the video it looks more like some jump map :P.

Chucki

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 05:04:00 AM »
From the video it looks more like some jump map :P.

He only showed the speed way of his map, not the other things. :D

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 05:09:00 AM »
Is it your first map you got to a beta 1? If yes, really good job. I like the ice jumps.

not even going to download it anymore.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 06:46:11 AM »
The map looks good. It's also very nice to see, that the barrels and lots of other stuff is aligned.

I bet that newer players can't grab the second flag. You should think about a more newbiefriendly way to get high there.

Also, 5 flags with 15 points (!) are definitely too much. Take 2 flags for each team (without a mid flag) or 1 flag for each team and the mid flag. Maybe use flags with less than 5 points, too.

All in all I don't like this map. It's mapped well, but the ice parts destroy the complete map. As others said, it's looks more like a jumpmap.

Add keys like "speed" "#", "accel" "#", "decel" "#", etc. to the func_plat to make it look much more realistic.

Now a few screenshots. Note that some pics need to be fixed for both bases.

You should avoid those overlapping brushes. Make the lights a little bit smaller.

In the red areas are clipbrushes necessary.

Move the textures a little bit.

Why? Just why? ::) I though it should be a matchmap and not a jumpmap!?

The red brush is a little bit too small.
You need to rotate the blue brushes (90°). All ladders are misaligned this way, so you need to fix it a few times.

A few of this ramps are aligned, other ones are not aligned. Just move the texture a little bit.

Hehe, you can see the plant through the wood. Move or rotate ("angle" "#") the func_models a little bit.
Green: Here should be a clipbrush, too.

Red: This texture doesn't fit, but it's hard to align in this place. I would really choose an other texture for the hill.
Green: Does the water area is necessary for the gameplay? I can't see the transparent brushes above the water, but I guess no, because you can't get in. If no is correct, I would delete the water for lower r_speeds.

Move the texture just a little bit higher.

Move this ramp, too. There are a few misaligned ramps, I didn't make a screenshot for each.

Brushtext looks ugly. Replace this horrible brushes with a nice own texture. Shouldn't be this one yellow, though?

Red: Wrong texture ;)
Blue: Move this a little bit.

These wood things are misaligned and looking weird. I would really try to find a better texture for it.

Blue: Move this a little bit, too. I believe it's only in the yellow base.
Red: Rotate this texture (90°?). I guess you must also move the texture after the rotation.

Some faces have parts of the light, but they shouldn't.

Makowiec

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 09:48:29 AM »
Thank you ;). I'm fixing all this now.

All in all I don't like this map.

Your choice ;)

Bono

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 03:16:22 PM »
When you make beta2 for compile? :P
Kiedy zrobisz betę 2 do kompilacji? Racja, rezygnuj z ciężkich rzeczy, zrób dużo ułatwień dla "newbiegamerów". Wyższe propozycje bardzo trafne. Pomyśl dalej co zrobić z tą dziwną pustką na mapie?

Makowiec

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 11:29:15 AM »
Wait, wait, wait. I need time xD. I have a lot of things to do. Ta pustka to i tak dzięki Tobie wypełniona ;). Kombinuje cały czas. Przy okazji: mam ochote kiedyś napisać im coś śmiesznego po polsku żeby nie rozumieli xD

Polish language ROCK :D:D:D

Makowiec

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 07:22:52 AM »
Should I delete ice parts? ;)

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 07:46:51 AM »
What a question :D

I would do if you don't want to ruin and destroy your whole map with it.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 09:44:49 AM »
Chef-Killer, almost every map matched on today has ice, or 2 flags, the ones with single flags that are stilled played have multiple paths to the flag making it hard to camp. These maps get played because it's what the current community plays, so it doesn't ruin any maps, please stop saying that to most maps just because you personally or your team dislikes it. Thanks!

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 10:13:08 AM »
What's that for an argument? It don't must be good just because lots of matchmaps has it and lots of players play it! Lots of matchmaps today have also leaks or other fundamental bugs. It doesn't make them better when they get played very often. Maybe they're popular, but this doesn't make those maps better!

I can only tell what I think. I can't tell what others think. I think iceparts where you can fly through the whole map ruins the gameplay. It's MY opinion and I can tell it when I want to. Couldn't find something that doesn't allow. This is a forum with discussions, maybe you want to discuss with me? All other player can also post THEIR opinion here. That would be nice. We would get much more useful feedback then. But they doesn't. Why? I don't know, but it's not my fault ::)

Sklenda

• PGP
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 10:22:02 PM »
All other player can also post THEIR opinion here. That would be nice. We would get much more useful feedback then. But they doesn't.

Agree. More feedback,more chance to upgrade/update map to perfection.

Makowiec

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 09:04:22 AM »
Well, I finished beta 2 but now I'm waiting for Bono, because he is exporting my map ;)

Makowiec

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 02:26:47 PM »
Hmm. Bono and me are getting stupid error while compiling the map (final compile, qbsp vis, etc):

Vismap expansion overflow

what a ****?!  >:(
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 04:49:37 PM by webhead »

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 11:32:53 AM »
Hm...I only know this error at complex maps. But atm I can't see, where this map could be very complex.

What did you change after releasing the first beta? Did you detail stuff like boxes, barrels, etc.?

If you send me the .map file (pm), I'll have a look at it.

Makowiec

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 03:05:44 PM »
Right. I decided to relase b2 ;). But I haven't got much time so you have one mirror and no screenshots. Special thanks for Bono and for Chef-Killer ;).

Download

Changes:
-Removed ice
-Added small barrels
-Added some plants
-Added clipbrushes
-Removed lifts
-Removed white flag
-Rotated textures on ladders
-Rotated textures on flowerpots
-Aligned and rotated other textures
-Modified bases
-Modified middle
-Added more wood

I hope it's better now :P

bjorn

• PGP
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 04:20:57 PM »
For me it's just worse than previous.
It's simple map where nobody will grab a flags but only linning and linning.. and camping.
High ways are definitely too high and u should make more ways (maybe some good jumps) to get to high from low.
Make some new ways from mid (but not only ice) than it would be more playable.
And way to the 2nd flag from low is just... boring -.-

Bono

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 04:55:14 PM »
But remember - at this moment this is only your opinion. And map is still in beta stage - some ways can be changed in next beta versoin ;)

In my opinion when makowiec change some things, this map will be very good to public servers ;)