Author Topic: Feature: Dead Man Practice Mode  (Read 10217 times)

deadfroggy

• Autococker
Re: Feature: Dead Man Practice Mode
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 11:59:53 PM »
Yes pgp please ;D

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 12:19:27 PM »
you can still warmup and practice, so the long respawn times won't seem so dreadful to newbies lol

If more maps had jail spawns then that would also make respawn times less dreadful.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 03:13:59 PM »
If more maps had jail spawns then that would also make respawn times less dreadful.

The difference here is that we are discussing Dead Man Practise Mode, not jails. Jails are made by the mappers which = suck.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2012, 03:54:31 PM »
I actually think jails would be more fun if constructed better. A bigger jail instead of all the small ones. Plus 90% if not all of them (not quite sure how it works), you can turn the jail mode off if you want.

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 09:23:33 AM »
I prefer this dead man practice mode idea, because new players can only practicing (e.g. learning jumps/jumping) on maps that where played. A small jail don't have lots of possibilities to practice in.

Adding "forcejail" "1" to the worldspawn should avoid that people can turn the jail mode off, but most of the maps with a jail don't use this. I added it to the .ent files I started to create last year, not sure if jitspoe sets up a central repository for .ent files sometime, though.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 09:26:17 AM »
i don't think mappers should force people in jail. I mean it's their decision what they want to do ^^

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2012, 09:30:42 AM »
As long as there's an option for the mappers, they can decide how their maps should get played. But forcing players to jails means that players can't spec any other player in matches on those maps with jails.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2012, 09:34:06 AM »
newbies might not mind the 60 second respawn either if they can still run and think they are shooting things... this should be up there on the priority list.