Author Topic: Need a good chuckle? Let [M&MK] make you smile  (Read 3431 times)

lekky

• Autococker
Need a good chuckle? Let [M&MK] make you smile
« on: May 04, 2006, 01:06:16 PM »
Well, i was contemplating sticking this thread in the cheaters section, but in hte end decided to put it here.

Just a heads up about a clan that has been mentioned here before [M&MK]. Did you ever wonder why they only match on the Freud match server?

Well in our match with them today, we took the first map, and were winning on the 2nd when we had this strange feeling that the match was lasting longer than it should..

Well, we decided to conduct an experiment. We noted down when there was exactly 1 minute of play remaining, then 1 minute later we decided to check how much time was remaining, and to our surprise 1 minute and 22 seconds were left on the clock.

After a little research and discussion, we realised that this did not accurately represent the laws of physics, and came to the conclusion that foul play was afoot.

I also have a question for you guys. Their server only allows you to cam your own team, but i have a feeling they have changed hte settings so they can cam the opposition.. can this bne done?

SkateR

• Autococker
Re: Need a good chuckle? Let [M&MK] make you smile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 01:32:18 PM »
They can specinvite theirselves if they have rcon pw.  And thats pretty lame manipulating time to your advantage so you dont get raped.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 01:38:59 PM »
i wondered if they could do that, because the only way they knew where we were at times had to have been through recon.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 02:24:03 PM »
Just a side note, they cannot specinvite themselves if they've got the rcon password unless they've modified their paintball2 binary, like I have done to allow the use of stuff commands and auto-demoing.  Judging from their server I don't believe they have because you can see that version their server reports is 2.00 i386 Feb 26 2006 Linux which matches the date of jitspoe's official linux release.  Just for comparison sake you can look at one of the PBCup or -ch1ll- servers using the modified server I built(which allows auto-demo and stuff commands) which reports 2.00 i386 Feb 28 2006 Linux.  Alternately they would be able to use stuff commands if they were running Q2Admin in between the paintball2 binary and the game dll(this is how Q2Admin is designed), but I haven't played with Q2Admin in years so I'm not sure if it is still compatible with pball.

What lekky suggests in this topic is entirely possible though.  Any time you make a change to the TimeLimit it becomes effective immediately while playing.  They could have been using rcon to increase the TimeLimit to 21, 22, 23, etc. as the match was winding down to give themselves a little more time to catch up.  What's interesting is that the TimeLimit cvar is always broadcasted to server browsers, so you could quickly alt-tab out of your game and check your server browser and identify the time as 22, or whatever it may be (ASE sometimes doesn't refresh the cvar list in bottom right corner, just so you know).

When it comes down to it you really have to trust the team you're playing against when using their server.  Using a 'neutral' server is usually best but it's up to both clans to agree on a server before entering a match.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 02:28:47 PM »
Thats not all. They have also changed the respawntime in matches (well they told the other team but didnt ask them if they are fine with it) to 0 (or as close to 0).

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 04:46:35 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:38:00 AM by P!nk »

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 05:01:56 PM »
I know nothing about M&Mk's members personally. In fact i like some of the members, for example i think Freud does a good job.

I made this thread for the simple fact that when we played today, time was added onto the clock, on more than one occassion in order to give them a chance of winning their map. Now i think this is unacceptable behaviour, and yes in my experience with M&MK, they refuse to match on any server but the Freud match server, i will give u an example where we arranged a match with delphi, and when i said i didn't want to play on the Freud server, he simply refused to match us rather than choose a different server.

I have nothing against most of the members, but the actions of either Tigger or Delphi was pathetic to say the least.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 04:56:08 AM »
There's also complications because some of the members are disliked by outside groups more than others, AgentSmith for example.
Have you aked yourself why they dislike him? Tigger has been known as a rule breaker before. He has so often made up excuses (always while he has been losing) during 1on1-s and left them before the end. After one match (the only one i heard about) where he left before the end he told everyone that he won. He simply cant loose.
Im sorry for that i was referring to M&MK but im not sure if it really was tigger who changed the settings. So in that 2on2 match to which im referring, there were Tigger and another one versus a clan it isnt needed to be mentioned. So i guess it was Tigger who did it since i can remember that there wasnt Freud on the server and i know Tigger´s kind of behaviour, as a few others do.

[b]east

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 06:53:05 AM »
1.[M&MK]Members: Tigger , Freud,delphi,Master and a lot of other...

2."Their server only allows you to cam your own team, but i have a feeling they have changed hte settings so they can cam the opposition.. can this bne done?"
As is matched [M&MK]Tigger and Freud with a friend just4fun we had to match on the m&mk server 2 but we wanted that we macht on gt.
so as i died first time i tried to give my friend recon.it wasnt possible to do that cuz i just could case my friend.i think 2 that they could casecame us because they always knew where he(my friend) and me were.the most time of the match tigger died at first and gave freud exactly the position of us... but how?!?!?! he they only can casecame his partner so how is it possible to say:"he is on the gate"?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 09:51:50 AM »
Check your console for chasecam messages.  If they are somehow stuffcmding you to specinvite, it should say "_____ can now chasecam you."  If you see that, there is definitely foul play about.  You can also check some of the server settings using the cvar_get command.  For example, cvar_get timelimit.  I need to check with chasecamonly if it's possible to start chasecamming somebody, then disable the setting.  That could be what's happening.  You should also be able to cvar_get that and see if it changes.

I would suggest recording a demo next time you match them and keep track of the server settings, etc.  There should definitely be some kind of punishment for that type of behavior.  Also, tell them up front that you require demos from their team.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 04:30:09 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:37:53 AM by P!nk »

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 04:42:52 PM »
ok listen to me P!nk.

I have no proof that whilst we were not allwoed to cam, they were camming us, i didn't accuse them of doing this, but asked if it was possible. If they did do this ot not i really don't know.

What i do know is that they were adding time onto the match.

Now please speak to both Delphi and Tigger, and ask them why they did this. You can sort this internally, or you can post back the results here. Either way i don't care, i am just reporting to the community some actions that i found to be disgraceful.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 08:54:50 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:37:50 AM by P!nk »

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 09:04:28 PM »
did you talk to them? what did tehy say when you told them they added to teh time? Please let me know if they denied it.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 11:49:55 PM »
lekky lying to make agent look bad... not going to happen

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006, 12:22:23 AM »
He is not lieing. I was there. I quit when i saw that 50 seconds is 1:28 minutes. Shouldve looked the game log. There i wouldve seen that 1:00 remaining occurs more than 1 time ;).

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2006, 06:27:54 AM »
Some screenshots would be nice for the next time this will happen (or a demo)...

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2006, 11:48:50 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:37:44 AM by P!nk »

AgentSmith

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2006, 01:25:41 PM »
Haven't read half of that until now,

Lekky: Recon doesn't work in matchmode, but if like you kill me, I know where you are and can say my friend where you are..

with elim time: On matchmode, respawn is Never, if you change settings with the elimtime, every1 gets respawned, so if the other team says: Hey, make that I can see anything to give recon! we change to publicmode, elim time gets set to 60 and you get respawned...

PlayaH. could you just stop talking about things you dont even know?

For server selection: Most clans dont have their own server, so why shouldnt we match on our server then?

Metaler: In that funmatch, you wanted to match on GT, but all the players were german, so why should we take a server with a 200Ping if we can match on a 100ping server too?

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2006, 01:50:16 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:37:41 AM by P!nk »