Author Topic: bug: funnames  (Read 1289 times)

Herron

• VM-68
bug: funnames
« on: May 04, 2006, 01:59:22 PM »
funnames can sometimes screw up the rest of that player's line on the scoreboard by adding miscellaneous characters and symbols.

funnames where you try to do ctrl+i and then ctrl+b do some really really weird stuff (like kick you out of chat when you hit the 'i' key while typing and perform a random command like tossgren or empty_co2).

funnames are limited to a smaller length than regular names (visible character-wise).

---

Obviously some of those have been around for awhile, but I didn't see any posts on it, and it'd be a nice bug fix for build 17.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: bug: funnames
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 02:28:04 PM »
I'll probably be doing away with the old scoreboard.  You should only see it at the end of maps now, anyway.  The new, client-side scoreboard doesn't have these bugs, I don't think.

I'm not familiar with the ctrl+i/ctrl+b bug.  I'll have to look into that.

The names have a set limit (32 characters).  Formatting codes use up these characters, even though they aren't visible per se.  That's not a bug.  That's just the way it is.

Herron

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 05:59:10 PM »
Actually, I just tested it again and apparently I threw a couple of unrequired steps in there.  Just going to console and typing:

name ctrl+iNAMEHERE
and hitting enter screws up my 'i' key.  Anytime I try to type a word in chat with the letter 'i', it kicks me out of chat and does a random action.  100% repeatable for me.  I dunno about anyone else.

The bug stays until I restart DP, whether I change my name or not.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 08:32:16 PM »
I can't reproduce it.