Author Topic: BarBird - An overview of what's going on with entertainment venues in your city  (Read 2875 times)

IronFist

• Autococker
As mentioned a while back, I live with DT now and we've pursued a few startup ideas, but this is the only one that has stuck.  It's essentially an overview of your city in Google maps, mashed up with tweets from bars (or more generally, alcohol-serving venues).  It solves a problem we face every Friday and/or Saturday -- where do we want to go out tonight?

Today we're launching the closed beta of www.BarBird.com.  We service 12 cities to start:

Portland, OR
San Francisco, CA
Los Angeles, CA
San Diego, CA
Austin, TX
Houston, TX
Miami, FL
Atlanta, GA
New York City, New York
Chicago, Illinois
Boston Massachusetts
Las Vegas, Nevada

I expect some load problems since our web servers decided to start magically ignoring requests today, but hopefully you'll be able to get in and check it out.  

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Also, friend this facebook account: http://www.facebook.com/barbirdinc or follow the twitter account in your city to receive a login.

Justinph5

• Autococker
I'd expand in some other way as well :/   Unfortunately there's already a few sites/apps that do this but with all venues.  Unless there's some unique features that ya'll haven't displayed on the website.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Which are you referring to?

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
We recently launched in 44 cities nationwide and 6 cities worldwide. We also now have an iPhone app available on the app store. The site no longer requires a login, so you can hit your city without needing to login. Check out www.barbird.com to see what cities we're in.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
cool, congrats :)

iEATnoobs

• VM-68
What does it take to launch in a city? Work on State College, PA.