Author Topic: New Map: Inner Sanctum  (Read 17642 times)

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
Re: New Map: Inner_Sanctum_b1
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2011, 09:41:22 AM »
Love This map :)  :-*

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2011, 04:28:55 AM »
I just wanted to upload the final release, but then I noticed that you used an other name fot it. Is there a reason why you renamed this map to _sanc_inner.bsp? I'm a little bit confused because of the first _

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2011, 02:57:40 PM »
that i messed up on actually, i wanted to release as sanctum_inner.bsp because im releasing more map titles with sanctum in it. like sanctum_big or sanctum_new.. so they're easy to access and in the same area of your folder.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2011, 03:07:59 PM »
So, should we rename the beta maps too?

Is this the final or the one before (_sanc_inner.bsp)? They have different sizes.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2011, 03:09:14 PM »
This is the final, ehh you could if you want to, sorry for the confusion.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2011, 10:57:04 AM »
Online @ [OTB]!

Btw. the message still shows Inner_Sanctum instead of Sanctum_Inner. And I noticed one more place where clip brushes would be helpful :P

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2011, 02:28:27 PM »
The map is actually called Inner_Sanctum. the Sanctum_Inner_ is for filing purposes. Clip brushes are soso for me. I think if your dumb enough to get clipped on some of the major ones, you should get clipped on them.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2011, 03:21:30 PM »
Tested gameplay, it's solid in most occasions.. Only bad part is low is fastest path, but the good side of that it is a tight path easily stoppable

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2011, 03:59:23 PM »
.. I think if your dumb enough to get clipped on some of the major ones, you should get clipped on them.
You shouldnt think that players struck in spots without clip just becasue they are dumb ;). For example fusionr. you can struck there at least in 2 ways and both of them happen by accident (trying to avoid bullets, failed jump,...). Also if players can struck there than they wont probably like the map as much they could. You really think that players will watch your map and say:"ahh here si stuckable spot i have to pay attention here", i dont think so, they will just play the map and when they stuck somewhere they will blame the mapper ;)
PS:I hope i got the meaning of word clip right if i missed it then sorry and this post is useless :D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: New Map: Inner Sanctum
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2011, 11:24:19 PM »
Looks good.  I'm not sure if it would be possible, but it might look better with phong shading on the grass.

I've uploaded it to the EV1 server.  You should update your first post with the final download.