Author Topic: Re-installing DP--thoughts from the experience  (Read 1706 times)

m7feettall

• Autococker
Re-installing DP--thoughts from the experience
« on: December 14, 2010, 08:24:29 PM »
My wife's computer, which she had for some time, finally gave out. My son usually uses her computer while playing so we loaded a new install of DP on the notebook.

However, he, and my wife who was helping him, had trouble figuring out how to get his existing dp account to load into the in game menus.

And even when they just skipped that part and went to find servers they at first thought there were none that you could use.

They did not know to clear and update the servers.

How many people download this game and simply can't figure out how to get to the good part, so they just forget it?

I know folks talk about the ugly graphics. But is there a way to simplify the experience?

Also, is there a way to set the server list to auto clear and update upon first install so that they see servers right away?

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Re-installing DP--thoughts from the experience
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 11:01:03 AM »
But is there a way to simplify the experience?

That could be something good for the "What's most important to spend time on?"-vote from jitspoe next year.

Maybe add a "PLAY NOW"-option to the menu, which searches a server with many players, but free slots and a good ping and then connects to it automatically.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 07:53:09 PM »
That could be something good for the "What's most important to spend time on?"-vote from jitspoe next year.

Maybe add a "PLAY NOW"-option to the menu, which searches a server with many players, but free slots and a good ping and then connects to it automatically.

Good idea.

rafalluz

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 01:02:17 PM »
Well certainly. And do something about having to go to dplogin to register names and creating new accounts (can't it be done from in-game?)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker