Author Topic: Newmap: Barreljump  (Read 6281 times)

dRy

• PGP
Newmap: Barreljump
« on: December 16, 2010, 12:43:40 PM »
Hey guys!
This is the first time I post a map in the official forum. I posted the first beta maps of Barreljump in the german [OTB] forum to get the first "raps" (I dont know if this is the right word ... leo.org said so) and to correct it. Now Id like to hear your "raps"!

Thanks and Merry X-Mas

RoBbIe

• Autococker
Re: Newmap: Barreljump
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 04:56:25 PM »
lmao raps well here it goes. ** my flow is the meanest, lyrical genius, ohs in the back like gilbert arenas, if yours is the washers then mine is the cleaners, if you think you cold lil black person i can heat ya, beast with the words imma lyrical creature, got the crowd hollerin insperational speaker, choose my sex partner by her physical features, if your booty talk my detective pleaseed too meet ya, im unmerciful you can call me relentless, you think his is good well mine is stupendous, i got my money right so the diamonds are abundant, my wrist is retarded and my neck is redundant,

haha but the word your thinking of is feedback

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 10:35:48 PM »
I thought the word he was looking for was 'opinions'. Guess I'm silly.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 10:53:42 PM »
- Beta 9? Can I See Beta 1-8?
- Screenshots?

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 07:26:16 AM »

dRy

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 05:06:54 AM »
lmao raps well here it goes. ** my flow is the meanest, lyrical genius, ohs in the back like gilbert arenas, if yours is the washers then mine is the cleaners, if you think you cold lil black person i can heat ya, beast with the words imma lyrical creature, got the crowd hollerin insperational speaker, choose my sex partner by her physical features, if your booty talk my detective pleaseed too meet ya, im unmerciful you can call me relentless, you think his is good well mine is stupendous, i got my money right so the diamonds are abundant, my wrist is retarded and my neck is redundant,

haha but the word your thinking of is feedback

WTF? ...

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 05:37:17 AM »
its too easy IMO but its fun good job

dRy

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 10:16:56 AM »
No more feedback? ... So I´ll publish the alpha version ... but in the moment my computer doesn´t work ... so you have to wait a bit.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 11:03:01 AM »
So I´ll publish the alpha version
Do a final release instead an alpha release ;)

dRy

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 11:19:09 AM »
What's the difference?

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 11:26:47 AM »
If you release it in alpha version everyone will get confused. It's just one more ehh.. step to releasing it. May as well just put it out as a final release. Really no difference just a lot simpler?

dRy

• PGP
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 10:28:41 AM »
So i will post (after my pc got repaired) the final verson, ok?

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 12:20:38 PM »
WTF? ...

Rap is a style of music. He was singing a rap song.

dRy

• PGP
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 10:09:55 AM »
"rap   - reception, judgement[coll.]       die Kritik   - Beurteilung" ( http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&sectHdr=on&spellToler=&search=rap )

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 10:31:25 AM »
"rap   - reception, judgement[coll.]       die Kritik   - Beurteilung" ( http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&sectHdr=on&spellToler=&search=rap )

When ever I hear someone say the word "rap", they're talking about the style of music. I never heard anyone use another meaning for it. I think you mean feed back or opinions.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 05:22:47 PM »
"I'll take the rap for it" I've used it before.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 02:58:26 AM »
This looks pretty good, especially for a jump map (at least it does with the high-res textures I'm working on).  I only have a couple suggestions:

- With as big as the barrels are, you should make them at least 16-sided.
- Maybe change the order of the rooms around.  I personally found #1 (blue) to be the most difficult.  It was frustratingly easy to overshoot the first platform.  Red was the easiest, followed by purple.
- Add some kind of supports for the platforms on the yellow section.  That's the one part of the map that kills it and makes it look like an ordinary jump map.
- A little bit too much light in the bottom area where the flag is.
- Is it possible to actually capture the flag and get points?

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 07:45:46 AM »
This looks pretty good, especially for a jump map (at least it does with the high-res textures I'm working on).  I only have a couple suggestions:

- With as big as the barrels are, you should make them at least 16-sided.
- Maybe change the order of the rooms around.  I personally found #1 (blue) to be the most difficult.  It was frustratingly easy to overshoot the first platform.  Red was the easiest, followed by purple.
- Add some kind of supports for the platforms on the yellow section.  That's the one part of the map that kills it and makes it look like an ordinary jump map.
- A little bit too much light in the bottom area where the flag is.

Ouh, jitspoe nice. You should add a Jump Mode to pb2. I know pb is not a jumpmod, but check your sb. People love it.

- Is it possible to actually capture the flag and get points?
Yes and no. You can make this, but then you cant use DM as mode, so you cant go obs. And when you stuck, gg.
And settings like cvar debug are bad.