Author Topic: Build 31  (Read 25905 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Build 31
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2011, 12:31:23 AM »
Did you replaced any flag sounds?
flaghan6 for example sounds more muffled in my opinion.
Is flaghan7 already implemented? I never hear it.

And i found a way to see the hitbox working. Play soccer and run backwards if a ball comes in front of you. It will recoil or stop before it can be at your position (so it must be from your hitbox).
I don't think I've touched the flag hang sounds.  At some point, they need to be resampled in an audio editor (or I need to get higher def sounds) to 48khz.  I think #7 is used.  I'm pretty sure I've heard it.

Good point about pong - I thought I had that working properly (I think it requires both the engine and game dll to be updated), but maybe not.  Try setting g_interpolatedhitbox to 0 (requires a map restart) and see if it improves.

Vic: Thanks.  I'll try to remember to update the files page tomorrow.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2011, 04:34:01 AM »
I would like to ask if there is still +demoff command working in build 31? Because in my game +demoff is not working it says +demoff not found -demoff not found. But my mate can use still use it. I found a bug during the gameplay but it was during 1s and i need to watch the demo and write down the time so i can post it here.
So should the command still work or is there a new command?

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2011, 06:57:27 AM »
And i found a way to see the hitbox working. Play soccer and run backwards if a ball comes in front of you. It will recoil or stop before it can be at your position (so it must be from your hitbox).

This one is gone with "g_interpolatedhitbox 0", but the other pong bugs not. I'll try to make a video or demo from it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2011, 12:24:54 PM »
prozajik: That was never a command.  It's an alias you have to add.

T3RR0R15T: I just remembered you still had the ID bug on Linux, so something is obviously not right with the Linux version.  I'll have to investigate that.  I wonder if you can shoot and grenade yourself as well (some other early bugs with interpolated hitboxes).

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2011, 05:08:58 PM »
To kill myself with a timed grenade is easy :P That is possible for the last xx builds. I thought it should be possible. Maybe i find a way to kill myself with an own shoot, but that could be very complicated.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2011, 12:33:33 PM »
Here are some pong bug videos.

1. The ball is moving around after respawn in or after a round (important to fix).
2. The ball is sliding and hopping around a little bit at the end (not very important to fix).
3. The ball is moving around very very fast (important to fix).
4. The ball stucks between the strutting. I never had it before, but that could be a map bug, don't know.

Have fun ;)

Digital Paint: Paintball 2 - Pong Bug 1 (Part 1/5)
Digital Paint: Paintball 2 - Pong Bug 1 (Part 2/5)
Digital Paint: Paintball 2 - Pong Bug 1 (Part 3/5)
Digital Paint: Paintball 2 - Pong Bug 1 (Part 4/5)
Digital Paint: Paintball 2 - Pong Bug 1 (Part 5/5)

Digital Paint: Paintball 2 - Pong Bug 2 (Part 1/2)
Digital Paint: Paintball 2 - Pong Bug 2 (Part 2/2)

Digital Paint: Paintball 2 - Pong Bug 3 (Part 1/2)
Digital Paint: Paintball 2 - Pong Bug 3 (Part 2/2)

Digital Paint: Paintball 2 - Pong Bug 4 (Part 1/1)

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2011, 01:58:46 AM »
could i get a summary of the added/changed config settings for servers? I'm running b31 on b30 config files, and people are bugging me to update my configs -- but I can't find a list of the settings I need to add (aside from g_interpolatedhitbox).

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2011, 10:54:24 AM »
If a setting isn't in the config file, it uses the default value. So normally you don't need to update the config files. Replace the files "paintball2" and "pball/gamei386.so" for linux or "paintball2.exe" and "pball/gamex86.dll" for windows and thats all.

It looks like you forgot to replace one of the files.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2011, 12:12:45 PM »
As i promisedi am posting here demo with a bug.
Some time ago i played 1s with matho. We played nitefactor and during the play right after new round start i sent mine flag back to the base.
Here is the demo that explains what i am trying to say http://www.banterous.co.uk/index.php?page=demo&id=712 (it happens at 12:10 you can see that we stop play to examine what happened =) )
PS:I think it mostly happens on nitefactor because i also saw this bug once on pub on nitefactor

eXitus

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2011, 01:57:22 PM »
We had that bug on pbcup_renoir too, maybe I can find the demo of it.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2011, 02:04:27 PM »
lol, never seen it before. Only that a player got two flags on a map, where is only one flag/team. It comes if he spawns on the flagpoint or something like that. Havn't found that out exactly.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2011, 04:40:24 PM »
If a setting isn't in the config file, it uses the default value. So normally you don't need to update the config files. Replace the files "paintball2" and "pball/gamei386.so" for linux or "paintball2.exe" and "pball/gamex86.dll" for windows and thats all.

It looks like you forgot to replace one of the files.
My host says they were both updated.
Looking through the serverbrowser, I noticed that all of the Win32 servers running b31 have the "gamename" and "gameversion" fields saying "v1.919(170)" ... but the b31 Linux servers say "v1.920(175)". So did jits mess up the update files for the Windows version?

Legendz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2011, 07:59:07 AM »
I got banned for Failed Build Check on QeHs Priv..

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2011, 02:10:26 AM »
Reinstall ?

Legendz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2011, 04:42:23 AM »
it happened 2 times, at least i just wait 5 mins and than i was able to play again.. without Reinstalling

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2011, 03:06:34 PM »
As for the autobalance options: g_autobalance 0 = no autobalance, 1 = autobalance, 2 = autobalance and don't allow team changes.

This options doesn't work like they sound. The option 2 only don't allow team changes to teams with more players. All other team changes are allowed. So it should be "autobalance and don't allow team changes to teams with more players". I don't know how much time you have, but would it be a big part to add another option to the autobalance setting? The option 3 "autobalance and don't allow any manual team changes" (so that only the autobalance can switch the players)? They should only be able to switch obs and back to the "old" team.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2011, 09:25:04 PM »
Pong bug 1 and the flag return on new round bugs have been fixed (same bug - things were still moving after being reset).  Pong bug 2 isn't really a bug.  It's just imprecision in the Quake2 engine.  The ball is actually bouncing up and down slightly, but since the server only updates at 10hz, and the units are kind of rough, that's the result.  It's a lot better than what I used to have where the ball wouldn't stop bouncing or would float around or get stuck. :)  Bug 3 looks a bit weird, but I'm not sure it's entirely incorrect.  I think it may just be too bouncy.  I can tone down the bounciness of it a little bit.   You can actually tweak the "bouncescale" cvar.  Bug 4, I think you just got lucky.  The ball bounding box is really a cube, so it's possible to get it stuck on things like that.  (On a side note, those textures are way too bright).

I'm looking into the build check failed kick now.

Oh, and I somehow completely failed to include the latest game dll in the build 31 release.  Guess I'll try to make another release soon so win32 servers can have the interpolated hitboxes.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2011, 08:11:07 PM »
- Added build number to "players" command.

There is a bug with it. If a new player replaces a bot, his build number is 0 in the players/names output. It is right in the dumpuser output.

Edit: Found another bug with the autobalance. It switches players after a map. In the time, where it shows the scoreboard; between timelimit/fraglimit reached and new map starts loading.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 09:35:39 AM by T3RR0R15T »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2011, 01:35:10 PM »
That's not a bug with the player display, that's a bug with the bots (which have lots of bugs - I'm not focused on them right now).  It's possible I fixed that with the player connection fix I just did, but I don't know.

I'm not too concerned about autoswitching after the match is over.  I should probably just disable all team switching at that point.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2011, 03:00:46 PM »
I'm not too concerned about autoswitching after the match is over.  I should probably just disable all team switching at that point.

If it's an easy solution, yes please. It makes not much sense to switch the team after a map. What is with new connected players? Should they join a team or be obs? I would prefer obs.