Author Topic: Problems/Oddities/Questions Build 31  (Read 1986 times)

loppy96

• PGP
Problems/Oddities/Questions Build 31
« on: January 06, 2011, 09:58:56 PM »
Ok.. bit of background information on my version of paintball etc:

-I started off with a standard build 23 install that a friend gave me
-I then patched to 26
-I then modified sound files, installed one of the then working and legit community mods (sniper mod - zooms in on target for slightly better 1 shot range shooting, but useless for normal combat) and read up on graphics and texture changes, but I can't remember if I changed anything :(
-I then patched to build 29
-I then made an account on dplogin
-I then patched to build 30
-I then made an account here
-I then encountered problems which people had resolved by reinstalling so I installed a fresh build 31

-First thing that happened was that wall textures looked really weird.. maybe I had changed my textures earlier, but I really can't remember
-I found that there were numerous textures that weren't in the fresh so I tried replacing things (after making a backup)
-I then found out that even though these were directly out of my old folder, I got a modded files warning, so I quit and came here :(

-I tried setting every single video option identical but that didn't really help

The screenshots show my build 30 vs build 31.

If anybody could help me figure out how to get my old looking stuff back (I think these ones look really really odd) that'd be much appreciated.

(Yes, I am quite bad at all this stuff..)

Ed: The sniper mod and crosshair I really don't care about because they're cool but useless. Adding a question: how much modding am I allowed to do? (i.e. it was completely happy with me before)

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Problems/Oddities/Questions Build 31
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 06:21:48 AM »
did you enable the high-res textures again?

you can find this setting in menu>setup>video options>texture/lightmap settings> "enable high-res texture pack"

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 06:27:07 AM »
Yes, it looks like you dont have hr4 textures. There is no official hr4 texture pack atm, so it doesn't come with the install. You can try this one: ftp://otb-server.de/pub/HR4.zip (install instructions are in the readme.txt)

loppy96

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 07:50:01 AM »
Thanks for the help so far, appreciate it.

In regards to the high texture settings, yes I tried enabling it but the screenshot in the first post is with the setting enabled.. but I'll double check just in case. Ed: yes that was with hi res.

I downloaded the zip you linked and I believe I followed the correct install instructions (could be wrong I guess) and I ended up with the screenshot below. I have this feeling that it's not supposed to look like that. Also, some textures have changed completely. The lights are different from any version of PB that I have installed  ??? It's almost as if I had a hybrid of the new texture pack and the stock texture pack..

Sporti

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 08:02:57 AM »
ehm sometimes my paintball fail the build check and i get a temp ban
its like that since i installed build 31

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 08:47:57 AM »
Maybe you never had the hr4 light texture before. Delete the texture "lit2_3" in the ../pball/textures/pball/hr4/ folder and it should show the old lamps again.

@Sporti: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=21881.0

loppy96

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 08:59:39 AM »
I'm happy enough with the new light texture.. I think I'll find that it's a change for the better :)

But in the first screenshot in the second post.. is it seriously supposed to look like.. that?

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 09:21:41 AM »
Yes.
Do you have any suggestions for other textures?

loppy96

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 09:36:16 AM »
Hmm.. they just look really.. odd imo. I think the barrels and middle thing suit it ok, since they'd work quite well if you're looking for a sort of outdoor theme.. but the cubey (adjective of cube?) looking thing to the left and the red/blue banners look a bit off. I suppose I can replace any of the new textures with the old ones if I really get fed up with them. I might even look into making my own some day :)

Thanks for all the help.

Bono

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 02:36:42 PM »
@loppy96 - You can have little better perspective in game when you change FOV to 90 or 100 on your resolution (open console and type "fov XX" where XX you must write number like 90 or 100 [normal is 80]). Also you can try modified menus in game. It is a very big improvement to game. You can choose from very good Zorchenhimer's Menus or my production PCDPmod, which contains a lot of BIG improvements and tweaks. See PCDPmod v1.0 beta trailer or PCDPmod v1.1 beta gallery (now you can download version 1.1)

@T3RR0R15T - If I can, I have one little suggestion for OTB hr4 textures. On airtime3 ground texture is still a bit blurred(?) (lowres) :(

Sorry for my English.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 05:37:49 PM »
If you still have your old build, you could install build 31 as an update and keep your old HR4 textures.  I agree about the tiles.  I don't like the ones in that texture pack.  Maybe you had this texture pack? http://dplogin.com/files/hr4_gpl.zip