Author Topic: Midnight2  (Read 17232 times)

MsH

• PGP
Re: Midnight2
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 08:18:21 AM »
WOW! :o Nice map. :D You're very good mapper.   ;)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 08:47:24 AM »
I will say this after hating this map ever since i first played it ITS MUCH BETTER from the screenshots point of view.
I can't improve it if you don't tell me what you hate about it.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 09:51:53 AM »
The gameplay on midnight 2 isn't actually that bad, most people just hate it because it's "cool" to hate it. People in pubs call it a trash map so thus it becomes instilled in newbies' heads that it's a trash map from the first day they play.

That and people get so used to spawning with carbines and autocockers that they fall apart without a high range gun... Kinda sad really.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 09:59:52 AM »
I think it's mostly because Midnight 2 is a bunch of small, fairly cluttered areas that are connected together with hallways and such (which are just more small areas). This game doesn't play that well when you can't move around.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2008, 10:06:44 AM »
I don't find the areas small or cluttered, with the exception of the cave-style hallways... those maybe could just be widened and have the roof raised a little, but the design of them is very aesthetically pleasing and, imho, gameplay intuitive.

People just don't like the map because it's "cool" to "hate on" jitspoe maps.

Not all maps need to be shazam33's where you fly 90000000 mph through windows and rings of fire and such..

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 01:23:46 PM »
Maybe make a halfpipe2, the first one is nice ;)

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 01:29:22 PM »
I've always liked it because it is....a good map. It offers newbies a chance to improve their aiming, reactions, etc. It can be quite easy to get lost in the spawn areas, though.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 01:49:03 PM »
One main reason a lot of new players dislike midnight and midnight 2 especially is that it isnt fast.  There is no fluid path from oen side to the other.  It takes a lot of work unlike some of the current popular maps that with a few jumps you're on teh other side of the map.
You said it from my point of view.  Its like....cant think of another map right now but it would be interesting to see if a faster path were added how the gameplay would go along with it.

The gameplay on midnight 2 isn't actually that bad, most people just hate it because it's "cool" to hate it. People in pubs call it a trash map so thus it becomes instilled in newbies' heads that it's a trash map from the first day they play.

That and people get so used to spawning with carbines and autocockers that they fall apart without a high range gun... Kinda sad really.
When i started playing paintball I was only at school and at that time they had blocked out the online servers and stuff.  So for the first 3 months of playing i had no online servers, just friends to play with locally.  We never knew about other maps out there but once i took it home and started playing online i realised that teh game was bigger.  (Bit long, i know) Knack said what i was going to say but he did it 4 me.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2008, 03:13:42 PM »
it would be interesting to see if a faster path were added how the gameplay would go along with it.

It would probably fall apart. From my experience (especially if flagcapensround=1) people will go the fast route, risk getting shot, grab the flag and go. A bit like Shaz33.
I was only at school and at that time they had blocked out the online servers and stuff.  So for the first 3 months of playing i had no online servers, just friends to play with locally. 
What did you think of Midnight (presumably it came with pball2)

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2008, 03:14:37 PM »
There are too many of these  "fast maps"

This map makes you look at a lot of different gameplay angles.  Making a fast path for this map would kill it.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2008, 03:17:37 PM »
Agreed. Make a top route (like in the origional midnight) and make it fairly easy to get to. Maybe a bit harder than before. And make those massive lights to the side where you can camp. I miss those.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2008, 07:56:25 PM »
This map makes you look at a lot of different gameplay angles.
Thinking about it that way its good 4 strategies.  One thing I hate about the map is I cant remember where the flag is.  So many ladders.  Well mabye not but i get SO confused just going around, finding a ladder and it takes you to a completely difference place where you expected to go.

And make those massive lights to the side where you can camp. I miss those.
I miss them too.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2008, 08:22:28 PM »
I enjoyed midnight once I figured out the layout.  Most people don't appreciate the master of it's design (besides the folks who replied on this thread).  Looking forward to the Midnight2, especially after looking at the screen shots.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2008, 11:36:15 PM »
Looking forward to the Midnight2, especially after looking at the screen shots.
I already know u know this but midnight2 is already out.  This is just a remake that jits is putting together.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2008, 12:07:13 AM »
Midnight22?

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2008, 12:58:25 AM »
Noon?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2008, 01:41:09 AM »
Midnight3?  Although i do like what Eiii said.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2008, 05:42:05 AM »
I already know u know this but midnight2 is already out.  This is just a remake that jits is putting together.
Midnight22?
Noon?
Midnight3?  Although i do like what Eiii said.
Okay, Just to clarify for those who didnt get that. Midnight 2 is out, but there is a remake possibly coming out. Talk about confusing posts.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2008, 07:24:17 AM »
Thanks i_am_a_pirate!

Anyway, Jitspoe, I'm sure that if there's maps where you have matched, those are the midnights. And I understand why you like mignight2 gameplay better....because in midnight the high is much better (you can control the low from high) and no-one goes low. BUT another thing about midnght: It's harder to battle in that high than in midnight2's high (wich is low :S). 90% of the time people will even fall down to the low route when they encounter some enemy!

So, yeah i like midnight more.
So, yeah make a remake of midnight and just forget about midnight2
So, yeah that's all
So, yeah I'm not making much sense am I? I'm sorry just woke up and i'm late for uni =|

Hugs to all the paintballers around the world, remember your parents are almost always right! (more than you anyway..)

:)

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2008, 07:48:26 AM »
.Okay, Just to clarify for those who didnt get that. Midnight 2 is out, but there is a remake possibly coming out. Talk about confusing posts.

You're like john madden with your posts. Completely unnecessary commentary for the soul purpose of hearing your own voice. Here's some helpful advice: Post count != respect. You should only post when you have something really meaningful (or funny ^_^) to add to the conversation.

</OT>, Continue now :)