Author Topic: sad, but true.  (Read 12466 times)

payl

• 68 Carbine
Re: sad, but true.
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 04:13:54 PM »
someone cheat 2 weeks and he is banned, and someone with same cheat can do it half year(maybe more)... and same with mutliaccs...  Nani has more then 20 accounts (all know it)and he never was banned for it, and someone has 2 accs for 2-3 weeks and he got ban...
Report him, so committee can start their work.. or if you think that is so easy, you can ask for bein committee.

Paintball have very effective anti-cheat, just look on other games, where you get banned on one server and just go to next server without admin and start killing everyone... In paintball you will get global ban, so just stop talking everyone is using cheats... That's just like crying. If you see cheater, report him, and thats all. He'll be banned and don't come back so easily.

I don't think that paintball will die in 2 moths or 1 year. It's dying all the time, because of nothing new. And in 1-3 years we'll have no players, no servers and still same Paintball... Because no new features.... So if we (or rather Jitspoe) don't make anything new, Paintball will die...

Anyway, idk why we start talking about this now, because i didn't saw anything new from my start in Paintball (b23). Only feature that i feel often is Autobalance. In 9 new builds and 3-4 years of development. We should do something to improve paintball instead of watching how it's dying (If we still like this game).

(Sorry for all my mistakes in this text).

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 04:45:55 PM »
lmfao and how would you know if they are cheating? besides speedhacking.

They could go into 1st person chase cam mode for aim bots.

STeam

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 04:48:06 PM »
Report him, so committee can start their work.. or if you think that is so easy, you can ask for bein committee.

lol i can find more then five topics about nani ;) and yea, there you can walls on pubs how you wanna, but try to do it in some league or cup ;)  and i understand, its hard to review who is cheating and who not, but its obv how someone grow up in one week  ;)

btw about committe, i saw only jimmy who tried (maybe still trying)to change somethink.. 1+ for him
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 05:09:15 PM by STeam »

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 05:05:49 PM »
actually you can do this yourself. Make a demo of someone you suspect to be cheating and post it here: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?board=11.0

Maybe, there should be people where their player models are in like a police uniform to scare them. Maybe they use speed hacks because they see people trick jumping but they think it is speed hacks. Mabye this game should have a menu option that says "TUTORIALS", where people can learn how to do trick jumps and other skills. It should be big and obvious. It doesn't have to be video tutorials. It can be text.

I think there's already a feature vote for this. But I'm not sure.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 11:58:51 PM »
For everybody who thinks the committee does a bad job, prove yourself better: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=22127.msg206815#msg206815

As for the Nani/Jano case; it is of course obvious that they have tons of accounts, which is not the problem. The main problem is sorting everything out (also because they both refuse to speak about this theme), so Jitspoe can add a ban. If anyone can provide me logs where it is clear which accounts belong to Nani, and which belong to Jano, feel free to contact me.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 05:57:13 PM »
this game died about 10 years ago lol

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 04:35:03 PM »
When I got banned 3 years ago the game was doing downhill although there was still a bit of life in it. But now it is pretty much dead. There are about 3 or 4 active clans and it is a lucky day if you can see 50 people in game at the same time.

As for the committee, I don't know about now but a few years ago they were complete garbage. And if the committee were smart they would ask jitspoe to look at logins to the global login server and just ban their hostmasks.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 04:43:14 PM »
When I got banned 3 years ago the game was doing downhill although there was still a bit of life in it. But now it is pretty much dead. There are about 3 or 4 active clans and it is a lucky day if you can see 50 people in game at the same time.

American match scene has maybe 2 clans, and euro has probably about 6 active teams. So the clanscene has declined a lot, but it's been on a steady decline for a while now. But the pub scene seems more active then before. But, it's filled with almost all europeans.

Right now there's 94 people online at the same time. If you go on during the day (when it's around dinner time for euros) there's definitely 150+ on pubs, with maybe 1 match going on. So to North Americans it's completely dead.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 05:00:39 PM »
ya what he said

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 05:01:34 PM »
ohhaiieetherrr.

go on irc<3

Sporti

• VM-68
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2011, 06:21:45 PM »
thats right ... I can tell which clans are active of Europe
.aZn. , .cReat. , FreEz| ,  [q], [eX] and 3-5 of [kuc]. That are the clans which i saw this week on pubs or on match server.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2011, 07:08:59 PM »
thats right ... I can tell which clans are active of Europe
.aZn. , .cReat. , FreEz| ,  [q], [eX] and 3-5 of [kuc]. That are the clans which i saw this week on pubs or on match server.
There's only around 5 of QeHs members that are active aswell and in the NA scene only people I've seen trying to get matches lately is mephine's team.

I don't think that paintball will die in 2 moths or 1 year. It's dying all the time, because of nothing new. And in 1-3 years we'll have no players, no servers and still same Paintball... Because no new features.... So if we (or rather Jitspoe) don't make anything new, Paintball will die...

Anyway, idk why we start talking about this now, because i didn't saw anything new from my start in Paintball (b23). Only feature that i feel often is Autobalance. In 9 new builds and 3-4 years of development. We should do something to improve paintball instead of watching how it's dying (If we still like this game).
You can't expect one person to single-handedly do everything around this place. If the communitty had a better attitude torwards the small improvements and actually gave their input it'd be a lot easier.
On a side note... This game isn't exactly newbie-friendly. Small stuff like official tutorials that teach newcomers how to strafe would be quite helpfull and easy to make/implement IMO. Sadly most of the features on the Feature Vote List never get over the voting step, so most people just get bored and quit the game.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2011, 08:17:34 AM »
Yeah the NA scene seems pretty much dead.. well in irc there is just qehs from euro and now ive been trying to get kuc more active.. so the irc scene is dead if u want match go spam 3on3 in pubs. i see many people from my country on the pubs ( who are actually pretty good) when i say get in irc everyone just says no..

Sporti

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2011, 09:13:14 AM »
well you needn't spam so much... just ask some one of aZn. I think, we are the most active Clan in europe :D
but it would be nice if the old clans will be more active(DaRk`, kuc, oxz, q)... The game would be more funny and interessant.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2011, 10:10:49 AM »
well you needn't spam so much... just ask some one of aZn. I think, we are the most active Clan in europe :D
but it would be nice if the old clans will be more active(DaRk`, kuc, oxz, q)... The game would be more funny and interessant.

Old clans probably would stay more active if they could get matches fast and on IRC instead of having to go to multiple pubs spamming for matches. I'm sure Kuc and other euro would stay active if all/most of the 'pub clans' that are relatively good got their teams on IRC, since there's plenty of euro teams in pubs that could make IRC seem a lot more active.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 10:12:33 AM »
yes. when i come irc and nobody there i just leave and dont bother searching for match in pubs.. and then again the same day.. and then eventually i am having a 1-3 months break from dp2

Sporti

• VM-68
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2011, 11:33:56 AM »
azn have an irc channel and im going to write a tutorial on German for my mates how to get started mIRC. Our channel is #atzen. Yes thats right ...

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2011, 11:44:31 AM »
azn have an irc channel and im going to write a tutorial on German for my mates how to get started mIRC. Our channel is #atzen. Yes thats right ...

gibt es schon irgendwo vom alten dpger.. mit schönen screenshots etc.. nur die frage ist wo, da musste eben suchen :D

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2011, 12:18:14 PM »
Hier gibts was, aber keine Ahnung, wie aktuell das ist. Ich nutze kein mIRC oder Nettalk.

English: Here is something, but i don't know how up to date it is. I don't use mIRC or Nettalk.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 01:37:26 PM by T3RR0R15T »

FoXRacinG

• PGP
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2011, 12:33:58 AM »
The simple fact of the matter is this. DPBall is slowly loosing life. But there are still tho's who care obviously. And as for Jitspoe im sure he does all he can but the man has to have a life. this game isn't his life.. maybe his life's work but not his life so with that said this is his baby, he can't just go giving every programmer the source code for the fact that u can't trust everyone on dpball. he can't just hand his life work over to someone and instantly trust them no to mess it up and set him back. Alot of ppl here have great ideas, but u got to look at it this way how long would it take jitspoe to implement these ideas into the game. Some of ur ideas would take complete reconstruction of this game and im sure with a real job and his life he don't have that kind of time.. And don't get me wrong a tutorial would be nice for newcomers but i don't see a tutorial breathing life back into this game.

ALSO don't bash the committee, they do what they can, maybe it might not be justice in ur eyes but them again maybe ur just coming off half roostered and don't know the whole situation. They do the best they can with what they have. And isn't that the point of hacks? to try and outwit the good guyz? so there dealing with everyday chancing and reworking of hacks so there not detectable...

But the thing thats killing DPBall the most is this.. GROWING UP, alotta ppl played this game when they was younger, Xbain, Warwulf, DT, Bob, etc. butttttttt they grew up, had bills got jobs, either got married or had kids. they grew out of the game. With this game its either all or nothing, either u devote the time and get in a good clan and match or ur stuck pubbing it up.