Author Topic: newmap: Bruno Vylizpic's Land (Beta 4)  (Read 13393 times)

prozajik

• Autococker
Re: newmap: Bruno Vylizpic's Land (Beta 2)
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 12:53:07 PM »
@RoBiNandL!nk
Didnt you posted comment to b1? I think i have alligened all the wood in b2 and i fixed that hole at scrn3.
Weird that on scrn4 you have rock that i added in b2 but on the other screens are bugs that i fixed in b2.
In b2 most of the bugs from screenshots are fixed expect scrn4 will fix that in b3 ;)
And also the wood is not thick enough? :D Shoudl i use 2px brush? I am using 4px now for it, that low jump you can make it if you turn your mouse twice while sliding (you just need to have more speed) then you can speed to the 1.flag i didnt want to make it easy so you can make it in every speed
Thanks for your possitive feedback glad that you like it :)

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 03:37:09 PM »
As for my progress with this map.Aveiro gave me some ideas for jumps in the map so i will probably start working on b3 tomorrow + i will fix all the bugs you mentioned ;)

Malware

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 03:16:09 AM »
Nice map prozajik :)

STeam

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2011, 04:06:49 AM »
 nice map with nice name ;) gj prozo

prozajik

• Autococker
Re: newmap: Bruno Vylizpic's Land (Beta 3)
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2011, 09:47:18 AM »
Thanks to all :). Its nice to see that so many people like my map :D
PS:The name was selda's suggestion :D

Bruno Vylizpic's Land (Beta 3) - download at the end
Fixes:Added angle to all spawns
Added ladder to mid so now you can circle from speed there
Added another side jump(there was side jump double from crate to wood to flag and the new one is on the other side)
Added wall to the high so now you cant see throw the sky
Added create near the sniper (way to  cap when you succes the speedjump) so now you can crouch into there and you can better line (i wanted to use it before just only from base thats why it was so high but with that crate it still doesnt show such an advantage and is possible to line better from there )
Thats all :)
If you have any idea how to improve the map (some jumps etc) let me know i will think about it :P also if you can find any bugs let me know too

Download:http://www.edisk.cz/stahni/94034/bruno_b3.bsp_2.13MB.html

Enjoy
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 03:54:18 PM by prozajik »

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2011, 02:26:11 PM »
Ok, i'll check what i have to see on this one.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2011, 06:14:29 AM »
Sorry for the late response.

Looks good. It's a very opened map though :)

Nice to see that you added the angle key to all player spawns. I would just add a few more player spawns, maybe 8 for each team instead of 8 for both teams. This would make the map and the gameplay more variable.

I think there're too many flags and bases in this map. Four flags and two bases should be the maximum without being too confusing. So I would do 1) one base and two flags for each team or 2) one base, one flag for each team and one mid flag for both teams. Newer players are already overtaxed with these two variants.

Otherwise it's like every new map. Very empty and lots of jumps. Somehow I miss good old maps like castle1, where tactic, recon and aiming was more important than jumping and flying from base to base.

Red: Misaligned. I would use an other wood texture instead of this short planks for the "ramps" and the bridges. The short planks doesn't look that realistic.

See the pic before. Misaligned, but I would use an other wood texture anyway.

Red: I don't like this hard edge. Looks ugly and should be removed.

Red: There's a small hole :)

Red: Misaligned. See pic one.

Red: Misaligned. Move the faces a little bit or choose an other wood texture, too.
Green: Add clip brushes here, that the window can't block you.

Note that there're lots of newer player around, which can't do a double jump and doesn't have a double jump script. Try to make your maps possible for those players, too. They don't need all jumps, ways, etc. but the most important ones should be possible for them.
Red: Make this brush a little bit bigger, that's easier to jump on the left brush.
Blue: Add a small box or something else where you can jump on here, that you don't need to do the other jump.

Red: A horrible looking edge, you need to fix.

The same like 2 pics before. Newer player don't need all jumps, but this way should be possible. The way on the opposite side is ok as an advantage for jumpers.
Yellow: Lower the brush a little bit, that it's possible to jump on it after standing on the box in front of the wall. Make sure, that the next step is remain possible.
Blue: Slope this wall, that you could use this way with less speed.

Red: Misaligned, see pic 1.
Blue: Add a clip brush here, that you can't hit the ladder from below.

Red: The transition from the ground to the ice looks strangely

Red: Fix this hole/edge.
Yellow: Rotate the texture in this corner (90°) like you did on the right side of this window.
Blue: Misalignment, see pic one.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 09:13:51 PM »
I've attached a demo with suggestions and uploaded the map to the beta server.  PM me if you need the beta server login.

Map looks good, r_speeds are pretty good, sky borders need work, and there need to be some more newbie-friendly paths.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 03:54:36 AM »
sorry for long time absence but i dont have much time nowadays. Tho i have laready fixed all bugs from chef expect the wood problems i will probably fix that for beta 5 now i will focus on fixing the gameplay problems and making newbie paths ;)

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2013, 09:51:56 AM »
So i recently picked up where i stoped (didnt have much time because of school, etc), but i didnt have a mapfile so my friend converted it for me from .bsp. Now, the problem i have with it, is that it says there are leaks, even though i am sure in the original file there were not. Also, if i try to find these leaks with the help of .lin file, it usually gets me to an empty space or i cant find any leak there.
If anybody could help me out with it, find leak or tell me how to locate them better, that would me most appreciated.

PS:I tried manully looking up the leaks, as well as using leak check which helped me locate 1 leak following a "leak line" but the line doesnt change even though i am sure i fixed it.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2013, 07:10:54 PM »
So I just had a go and there are many leaks :) Just follow this...

1. Compile
2. Load Leak (pts)
3. Fix it
4. Compile it again
5. Stop Leak (pts)
6. Load Leak (pts)
7. Fix it
8. Compile it again...
etc.

As the leak check was working for me.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2013, 12:27:46 PM »
What do you mean by "Load Leak (pts)"? I can only use .lin or .por as Leak File extensions.

And I know there are many leaks :), probably because i compiled it from bsp (i even had to re-apply all noclip brushes).

PS:To check in extend, when you loaded leak check file, there was a line, which led from one spawn to corner of low entrance (in the same base)? Because i think i fixed that one but Leak check is still showing to me as if there was a leak (at least I hope i fixed it lol)

How is there a leak?

PPS:Using OTB BSP version, because the "normal" or "clear" version crashes everytime i try to load .lin leak file (Program stopped responding).

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2013, 02:19:55 PM »
Total leaks found: 9

All fixed, sent it to you on skype:D

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 03:15:35 PM »
OMG, I just realised what i was doing wrong,.... I was loading .lin file from the old folder from the "clean" instalation not from OTB instalation... srsly :D

Well, anyway, many thanks to JMR for fixing all the leaks, i will get on with working on the map and will try to get to final release :)

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2013, 09:33:12 AM »
Beta 4 out, will deal with details later, leaving right now for Croatia for a week ^^, feel free to test it out, i will respond to all comments when i get back cya

removed
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 02:27:34 PM by prozajik »

prozajik

• Autococker
Re: newmap: Bruno Vylizpic's Land (Beta 4)
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2013, 02:26:56 PM »
Bruno Vylizpic's Land (Beta 4) - download at the end
Fixes:
Everything that was said before (misaligned textures, added some ramps)
Removed cap from 2nd (higher) flag
Made ice transition smoother

Bugs:
I am sure i missed something, there are many bugs from compiling it from .bsp to .map. For example: walls which you can walk through or wall brushes moved by 1 px, so you can get stuck if you walk close to it.

Download:
http://www.edisk.cz/stahni/06068/bruno_b4.bsp_2.31MB.html
http://uloz.to/xsqjK7Pv/bruno-b4-bsp

Enjoy

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2013, 02:35:52 PM »
would appreciate upload to OTB/arctic so we can finally test gameplay :), ty

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2013, 04:12:51 AM »
I will put it in dp-ger.de Server rotation at evening.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2013, 10:08:11 AM »
Beta 4 is now online @ [OTB] Beta!

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2013, 10:37:52 AM »
thanks guys! :)