Author Topic: Phone Hijack  (Read 1492 times)

lekky

• Autococker
Phone Hijack
« on: May 15, 2006, 03:45:53 PM »
Some crazy stuff just happened to me.

There i was on the phone to my gf like most nights. When it sounded like the signal was getting bad ( my signal fluctuates in my room). So i stop hearing her voice, expecting the signal to come back and we start talking again.

..The signal did come back, although teh voice on the other end of the line was not a womans, but some dude mid-conversation talkin about a workmate he wants to get fired...

I'm literally like  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Phone Hijack
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 03:54:13 PM »
cordless phone issues eh?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 03:54:49 PM »
it was on my mobile :p

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 04:20:38 PM »
happened to me a while back.. but on hose phone. mid convo i was talking to some lady down the street

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 10:40:07 PM »
if you live in a apartment complex. some times a short in the wires will get the signles crossed. this happens alot. the person in 18a will get all the calls from 18b or vise versa.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 12:37:24 PM »
happened to me a while back.. but on hose phone. mid convo i was talking to some lady down the street
Smokey has a dedicated phone line for his hose.

hexhunter

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 11:51:30 AM »
Actually, 'your' phone line is shared with atleast 5 other people.

In Physics were learnt that the line switches between user's every couple milliseconds, so your data is sent, then ur neighbour's, then all the other people using their phones down your street, then eventually it gets back to you, ofcourse, you don't notice it, because you can't here at the millihertz level.

Apparantly, that has something to do with physics  :P

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 12:21:19 PM »
Its good to see that you learnt something in physics. When I think "dedicated phone line", I think a VoIP setup. If anyone hears "crossed lines" on VoIP then its probably either on the other end, your VoIP server is intercoursed, or you've been h4x0r3D!

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 09:09:26 PM »
like i said my dad works for cox they do phone so he knows a lot about phones and this problem. there are 2 main problems cordless phones and like i said before with something happening and getting the wires to touch. the first problem is cordless phones because they kinda work like a walkie talkie so if your neighbor happens to be on the freq 1.0 and your phone is also 1.0 then when you get in range you will get his convo. if you are most of them change so that does not happen but at times it does happen. and like i said the wires get exposed and crossed and you pick up their convo. lets say that 3 blocks from your house is the phone switch. well everyone in a 4 block radius is all on that switch. something happens to the switch. and you are all sharing one phone line like hex said.

Vinne

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 04:19:17 PM »
it was me your FaTHER lol