Author Topic: my problem  (Read 3808 times)

CheMiCal

• Autococker
my problem
« on: March 19, 2011, 06:11:02 AM »
so what happened was i was updating my build from b31 to b32 when i did that i went into the sound folder and deleted all the new sound because i really dislike them. so i put in my old sounds and when i opened the game so weird thing poped up in a different language since i use bonos mod. i didn't know what it said but i recognized one of the words had modify in it so i'm assuming it said modified content detected but it was just sounds so wtf? so i played in a match then decided that it could be bad like if the cheat detection detects me for that which would be crappy so i re-downloaded the update and did the same thing with switching the sounds and now it didn't do nothing like that warning message didn't come up so am i safe or what?

so please help i don't want to get banned for a stupid reason like that.

payl

• 68 Carbine
Re: my problem
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 06:45:11 AM »
1.If you have ss of that message, give it.
2. Deinstall bonos mod
3. Deinstall paintball
3. Clear your paintball directory (you can store things like config)
4.Install b32 full

And you should be safe

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 06:45:41 AM »
BANNED FOR SUSPIPICION OF CHEATING. CHANGING SOUNDS IS AGAINST THE LAWS OF DP. You've Been Served.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 06:48:35 AM »
2. Deinstall bonos mod

And you should be safe

this mod didn't fully satisfy me, so I decided not to use it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 05:12:59 AM by pvtjimmy »

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 11:40:58 AM »
just delete that crap
+1

You deleted a .pak file ?

Bono

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 03:06:23 PM »
OMG. My mod isn't crap! :/ I really hardworking for make PCDPmod, and a lot of peoples loves that.

PCDPmod is not the cause of your problems - this message yes - its warning about modifed content. You can not change into other sounds, as always it will be modifying the game files.
Why commitee Member lets(tell?) you delete something that does not cause any problems, when people use it because they like it?

OMG. :( I love when peoples likes piss on my hardwork.... +milion :/
Sorry for my English.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 04:45:13 PM »
Why commitee Member lets(tell?) you delete something that does not cause any problems, when people use it because they like it?

Sorry for also having an opinion. I in fact appreciate the fact that you're working on improvements, but I just don't fell in love with this mod.

Before I hurt any other souls; the fact that I have a "committee member message" under my forum name does not always mean I'm speaking on behalf of the committee. I'm also playing this game for fun and give my opinion to stuff I like or not.
NEVER TAKE MY POSTS AS DECISIVE FACTOR IF YOU'RE IN A DOUBT TO DO SOMETHING OR NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 04:47:37 PM »
k pce bonos mod thanks for ur help. wait how do i uninstall bonos mod? and another question am i allowed to keep my old sounds? like b21 gun sounds and stuff?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 05:12:11 PM by CheMiCal »

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 06:03:47 PM »
k pce bonos mod thanks for ur help. wait how do i uninstall bonos mod? and another question am i allowed to keep my old sounds? like b21 gun sounds and stuff?

I think so. Have another build sounds and no modified content.
Bono's Menu is anyway crap. 1000000000 million other files in the pb2 folder. So I'm not surprised about mc.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 06:55:11 PM »
Bono's Menu is anyway crap.

OMG. My mod isn't crap! :/ I really hardworking for make PCDPmod, and a lot of peoples loves that.

PCDPmod is not the cause of your problems - this message yes - its warning about modifed content. You can not change into other sounds, as always it will be modifying the game files.

OMG. :( I love when peoples likes piss on my hardwork.... +milion :/
Sorry for my English.

Bono worked very hard on his PCDP stuff. If you don't like it, then be considerate and simply say that you don't like it, rather than saying definitively that it is crap. ok?

The last thing I'd want to do is to talk crap about somebody trying to contribute to the game's development.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 07:37:06 PM by webhead »

Makowiec

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 03:05:58 AM »
Sorry for also having an opinion. I in fact appreciate the fact that you're working on improvements, but I just don't fell in love with this mod.

Before I hurt any other souls; the fact that I have a "committee member message" under my forum name does not always mean I'm speaking on behalf of the committee. I'm also playing this game for fun and give my opinion to stuff I like or not.
NEVER TAKE MY POSTS AS DECISIVE FACTOR IF YOU'RE IN A DOUBT TO DO SOMETHING OR NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bono's Menu is anyway crap. 1000000000 million other files in the pb2 folder. So I'm not surprised about mc.

Well. You (ic3 and pvtjimmy) were always **** for me. Am I calling you ****?! You can tell that you don't like this mod but don't call it "crap"! Try to make better mod -.-

ic3 - where are that 1000000000 million files?

Sorry for my language, I just can't stop myself...

Clearly. Good work getting around the word filter -- see you in 4 days (second offense).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:52:11 AM by webhead »

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 03:06:42 AM »

Bono

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 04:09:58 AM »
PCDPmod have SIMPLE unistaller if anyone want to unistall it.

KiLo

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 02:30:34 AM »
lol using sounds so when you get detected for hacks, you will be like oh it is just my sounds.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 03:30:07 AM »
yup you caught me. actually it was only bonos mod that was the problem when i uninstall-ed it everything was fine.

Bono

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 01:09:15 PM »
why any other peoples don't have problems like you with my mod? ...

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 01:53:34 PM »
Bono worked very hard on his PCDP stuff. If you don't like it, then be considerate and simply say that you don't like it, rather than saying definitively that it is crap. ok?
Only for you. "...anyway crap (in my opinion)"
BTW I think that Bono made a good work. Only the implementation is not so good.

Well. You (ic3 and pvtjimmy) were always **** for me. Am I calling you ****?! You can tell that you don't like this mod but don't call it "crap"! Try to make better mod -.-
ic3 - where are that 1000000000 million files?
Sorry for my language, I just can't stop myself...

The last thing I'd want to do is to talk crap about somebody trying to contribute to the game's development.

And ty Makowiec, I laughed.

why any other peoples don't have problems like you with my mod? ...
Maybe they dont use b32. What you change with your mod.
Filesize1 & filesize2 conflicts?

yup you caught me. actually it was only bonos mod that was the problem when i uninstall-ed it everything was fine.
Which pb-version?

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 11:10:43 PM »
although I haven't tried Bono's Mod yet, I think the main problem people have with the mod is that it's not 100% translated into English.

I would be pissed if my DP2 shows any message I can not understand or even crashes the game, while it used to work perfectly before.

This is meant to be feedback, no flaming
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 12:25:48 AM by pvtjimmy »

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 11:56:36 PM »
I think the main problem people have with the mod is that it's not 100% translated into English.
that was always my impression too.