Author Topic: One MeMi Player hacking  (Read 13567 times)

MosEz

• Autococker
One MeMi Player hacking
« on: May 20, 2006, 11:36:52 AM »
Hello,
I dont know but i think one MeMi-Player is using special model textures(Player textures... look at the 2nd screenshot (Propaint) on the Red Players Head

http://www.memi-clan.de/memi.php?page=war&war=52

thx.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
Re: One MeMi Player hacking
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 11:54:06 AM »
Terror Alert: ORANGE

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 12:08:26 PM »
I'd say it's LIGHT RED already.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 02:23:23 AM »
No, More like Dark Red

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 02:55:42 AM »
LoL
I dont see how he was hacking.?.

-Termin8oR

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 03:16:35 AM »
woah....

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 03:20:48 AM »
LoL
I dont see how he was hacking.?.

-Termin8oR
The model (well the player texture) is some kind of glowing.
Changing the style of textures is seen as cheating!

[b]east

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 04:14:44 AM »
diffrents between normal models and the models on the pic.
1.every player got neon green head.
2.a part of his clothes have the same textures like 1#.
changing the models  to c ur enemy better give u an advantage.its same like crash did on his skill and jump demo.
same silly idea , posted a screenshot with hacking models lmao.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 05:21:56 AM »
Pardon?

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 06:04:25 AM »
Okay, before everyone gets the impression that we in MeMi dont care about these accusations I will toss up a quick post here.
I find it of major concern that especially the other German players and clans seem to have an interest in discrediting the oldest German Clan right now, I believe there is a lot of jealousy in it. Nonetheless, there seems to be valid proof of a "texture hack", as you called it here.
In my opinion, there are 2 things that could explain the different head color of this player: 
a) a texture error, as I encounter once in a while when playing on my laptop. But as you see, it wasnt me taking the screenshot there (I'm not on the server at the given time).
b) somebody has edited the head texture. I guess it is possible, probably by editing default_face.jpg (yes, as you see I have done some research instead of posting another meaningless post in here as most people tend to do).

Well, let us assume someone did indeed edit the head texture there. I dont see why it would give him an advantage, as headshots dont do more damage than a shot in the foot ;).  It would probably not even make a difference if the opponent was hiding in the shadows, because due to the shadow, the different colored head would not be lit, same as the rest of the body. I hope DirtyTaco, S8N or Jitspoe can give you more details on that, I'm not that familiar with all the lighting stuff in paintball.
I'll let you make your own opinion on the topic, and I am concerned about this screenshot as well, but nonetheless I will not take if off (for your viewing pleasure *g*).  Think what you want, and you are gladly invited to get demos from matches if you feel the need (but try to ask for them beforehead if we dont play on ch1ll, we usually dont take demos ^^).

So far,
~Pureblood~

[b]east

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 07:15:04 AM »
his clothes got this colour 2.watch it a 2.d time a part of his clotes got different textures
but we cant say who it was cuz we havent any prooves.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 07:38:08 AM by Metaler,Toxicity »

Qoo

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2006, 07:58:50 AM »
but we cant say who it was cuz we havent any prooves.
Well, we can say it wasn't Ove, as he was being chasecammed.

Unlikely to be Raven, why would he be camming his own team when he could be reconning?  And you can't switch players after elim.

So that leaves Yawp.

Who cares anyway though, I wouldn't call it hacking.  Not even like this modification would make a big difference anyway.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2006, 08:19:36 AM »
Well, we can say it wasn't Ove, as he was being chasecammed.

Unlikely to be Raven, why would he be camming his own team when he could be reconning?  And you can't switch players after elim.

So that leaves Yawp.

Who cares anyway though, I wouldn't call it hacking.  Not even like this modification would make a big difference anyway.

as everybody except Ove is dead, could've been any of the 3, as the chasecam will switch to Ove at that point.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2006, 09:51:06 AM »
I'm going to speculate and claim it's Coma Bull.

Qoo

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 10:03:39 AM »
as everybody except Ove is dead, could've been any of the 3, as the chasecam will switch to Ove at that point.
But I don't think the chasecam switches after you eliminate the other team.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 12:29:31 AM »
The player texture was definitely modified.  It looks like the black areas were floodfilled red.  The red team is highlighted on the HUD, meaning it was one of the eliminated players on red, so either coma or raven.

Alpha

• Stingray
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 08:37:06 AM »
I think,if they would  have KNOWN that it is a hack,they wouldn't have posted that screenshot...
but i think its ridiculous,that most of the dops flame on every server about MeMi is hacking...thats just unfair and sad..the community totally changed in the last year

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 01:27:35 PM »
Well dop is wrong then. Very VERY high doubt that all of memi hacks. I was in memi for quite a while and no hacks were given to me and im sure if the whole clan did they would distribute them. IMO memi is a respectable clan with one person who hacked. :\

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2006, 06:40:58 PM »
When was that screenshot taken, anyway?

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 03:14:40 AM »
recently;  April 10, 2006.