Author Topic: next cup?  (Read 3473 times)

Sporti

• VM-68
next cup?
« on: March 27, 2011, 03:31:54 AM »
when is the next cup or who is going to do one?

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
Re: next cup?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 05:14:16 AM »
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:51:55 PM by frugglepajamas »

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 06:08:13 AM »
It's ok asking, and setting up cups, but getting the right amount of clans is the hard part.
There's only around 5-6 active clans...

I think a well-organised clan-ladder contest would work in the current scene.
Where something like all clans are randomly entered on the ladder, the clan at the top of the ladder is the 'best clan' and the clan at the bottom is the 'worst clan' - each clan can only challenge the clan 1-2 spaces above them, so this means that the bottom clan cant challenge the top clan. The clan challenged has 2 days to respond and play the challenge, if no response is given, or the game isn't played, the clan that challenged the other clan swap places.
Could work, but I won't go into any more detail...

Morphin

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 06:45:22 AM »
It's ok asking, and setting up cups, but getting the right amount of clans is the hard part.
There's only around 5-6 active clans...

I think that much clans would come active again,
if there are more cups and other motivation things. This matches are a kind of boring cause the motivation isn't that high as it would be in a cup.

You have seen it in the last globalgamers league (more than 16 teams!??) and our 3 clans couldn't take part cause the groups have already been filled.

I don't think that the clans are the problem, much more the cups, which often take only 1 day and than after 5 months again.
BTW. i hope that some 3v3 cups will start soon in the future ;)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 07:29:05 AM by Morphin »

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 07:46:05 AM »
They would become active in the first weeks of the cup, afterwords it would get boring, clans leave because they're bored or dislike their place in the competition...
A 3v3 Double Elimination tournament like QeHs used to hold would be a better idea IMO. You don't need your clan to be active, you just need to get enough players to put up a team (4/5 players should be enough).

You have seen it in the last globalgamers league (more than 16 teams!??) and our 3 clans couldn't take part cause the groups have already been filled.
Most of them died halfway through the cup. Older clans that came back get bored or annoyed because they're rusty and don't play up to their expectation.
Out of the 16 teams that started in the American scene, which was where I played, only around 3 were actually active throughout the entire competition.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 09:30:14 AM »
You guys realize, the effort put into the league was a lot. In this community (not everyone, but a select few) made it seem not worth it at times.... (But, it was more after a team lost they found a way to complain, they loved it while they were winning). In making a League (since its over a long period of time) we had to take in everything, try to make it work for the majority. We couldn't release it early, because we had to actually look at every possible complaint possible for each thing we picked. Putting elimination rounds (quarters/Semis/Finals) on a Saturday when it was NA vs EU teams, got complaints. How else is it possible with timezones? People just don't think about for everyone, they want it to work for them without putting the effort of making something themselves.

But, I do agree a cup/ladder/league would be fun to have, it would have to be based more from the euro scene I believe. Just like a league would not work now, we counted how many NA and EU teams we could've gotten before the League to get the right amount, which was 8. Now, I could only really count 4 NA teams. So a League would definitely not work, but it would be nice to see somebody work on a NA/EU cup/ladder. If somebody wants to take initiative on a cup or ladder, I'd help out if you needed some.

Idias: Uhm, you're mistaken. There were a 'few' forfeits, but really a lot less then we expected. I believe every team but Ij showed up to atleast 5 of 7 season games.

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 09:11:02 AM »
Hello, new Ex cup is coming soon! I was planning only CZ&SK cup, but there is not enough teams, so I decided to invete clan from whole Europe. This cup will be same like all cups we played with same rules
(groups -> first 2 from each group goes to semifinal -> final)

It will be 3v3 cup, cup is planned on the weekend 16th and 17th Aprill (16th just groups, 17th play-offs)
Server: NobleXity private, Freez private and OTB

www.ex-cup.webnode.cz

English translation inc.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 10:40:11 AM »
prizes? if not useless.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 01:20:36 PM »
prizes? if not useless.

How is it useless? Not everyone is going to toss out prizes that anyone cares about for a free online game. They are spending their time making the cup, just like QeHs cups did which were successfull.

Aveiro--- Why limit it? First off, limiting to CZ&SK alone would be ridiculous, but why only europe? I understand it's all european servers and based off european times, which would lose interest of North Americans, but if they can make it why deny them? You should be trying to help the community when your putting time into it, not just your little group of friends. But I mean, you're putting the time in, you choose who you want to allow.

Sporti

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 02:26:28 PM »
to myers post 1+

it would be better if American clans can play, too. Why? It would be more interesting and it would make more fun. Thats my opinion. I find the teamlimit not soo good. Just 6 teams arent so much. Btw its nice that ex makes sth like that

f3l1x

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 08:47:36 AM »
Aveiro--- Why limit it? First off, limiting to CZ&SK alone would be ridiculous, but why only europe? I understand it's all european servers and based off european times, which would lose interest of North Americans, but if they can make it why deny them? You should be trying to help the community when your putting time into it, not just your little group of friends. But I mean, you're putting the time in, you choose who you want to allow.

Cause US players have high ping on EU servers. And 2 groups (EN,US) a then final, 1st map on EU, 2nd map on US server is to difficult. It's only for fun. Any complications or extra time with administration is useless. Unless, of you wanna play it all on EU servers.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 08:59:32 AM »
Cause US players have high ping on EU servers. And 2 groups (EN,US) a then final, 1st map on EU, 2nd map on US server is to difficult. It's only for fun. Any complications or extra time with administration is useless. Unless, of you wanna play it all on EU servers.

But the pings are better than Euro on US-Serv.

Why you dont say, just EU-Serv. So the US can choose if they want to play.

f3l1x

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 09:09:18 AM »
Ok, from now is ex cup for all players from all countries. Still is rule here, every match on EU servers (Ex server, Freez, Otb, Ic3y). All right? So you can contact us on #team_ex ..

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 09:13:10 AM »
it would be better if American clans can play, too. Why? It would be more interesting and it would make more fun. Thats my opinion. I find the teamlimit not soo good. Just 6 teams arent so much. Btw its nice that ex makes sth like that

No 6 teams.. 6 teams is minimum. 8 or 16 ( :D ) is maximum