Author Topic: New map: Aztec  (Read 8614 times)

Lucky7

• PGP
Re: New map: Aztec
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 02:52:26 PM »
@Dirty_Taco
I already know that, Cheff told me that. Btw if you look at the download links, you'll see that it is renamed to cs_aztec :)

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 09:39:38 PM »
There's already a map with the name aztec.
@ Cheff-Killer
I eddited everything you said, and renamed the map to cs_aztec :)

good eye, dt.
Also, Lucky7, a chef is a professional cook. I have no idea what a "cheff" is.

Lucky7

• PGP
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 10:09:47 PM »
@ webhead
my "F" is complaining it writes sometimes 2,3,4 ffs. im just bored to always delete them :)

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 10:14:58 PM »
that's funny, my keyboard sometimes does that with the "W" key. i have an acer laptop -- what do you have?
(lol, it just typed "wwhat" but i corrected it)

Lucky7

• PGP
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 05:10:28 AM »
@ webhead
i realy don't remember all components, bcz i was randomly buying parts and made one solid pc. Btw i changed my keyboard today :D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 02:56:37 PM »
Looking good. A few more things...

There's already a map with the name aztec.

Red: Here's a small edge.
Green: Rotate the texture on top of the doors.
Actually, I think it's better with the texture the way it is now.  The gap between the boards lines up.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 04:56:23 AM »
Nice improvements :)
You should really add the clip brushes for the next beta.

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2011, 08:41:54 PM »
LOL i swear that looks like the aztec from counter strike ROFLMFAO

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 09:25:09 PM »
LOL i swear that looks like the aztec from counter strike ROFLMFAO

So, you went through the first post to see the pictures... but missed the first line? re-read and come back.

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2011, 11:56:25 PM »
So, you went through the first post to see the pictures... but missed the first line? re-read and come back.

well. i feel like a moron

Lucky7

• PGP
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2011, 07:22:17 AM »
I added Clip brushes and uploaded the 5th beta :) And i realy hope that it's the last beta :/

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 05:16:31 AM »
Now with the clip brushes, I like the map even more. Great job :D

Two more places where clip brushes could improve the gameplay...

I don't know if you ever used the clipping planes. They might help you here that players can't stand on the clip brush.

Not that important, but also not that hard to add ;)

Online @ [OTB] Beta!

Burnhouse

• Stingray
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 11:29:41 AM »
I like this map its a nice remake of the real cs-map :) Nice work you go better :)

Lucky7

• PGP
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2011, 07:17:13 AM »
Here is the 6th beta. :)

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2011, 09:18:27 AM »
Online @ [OTB] Beta!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2011, 08:50:51 PM »
I haven't play tested it, so all I can really do is nitpick textures and such.  I've uploaded another demo with suggestions and put the map in rotation on the EV1 beta server.

About all I pointed out was the sun lighting angle and the barrel texture alignment and barrel width.

Lucky7

• PGP
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011, 03:47:12 PM »
@Jitspoe
Realy?! I mean, REALY?! the sun light isn't ok? Dude... the map is fully lighted, and everything is perfectly visible, so i wont change the sun angle...
About the barrels. I wont waste my time aligning them again, just bcz you said it so... Btw, take a look at ,almost all, of the maps that are on the open public servers, You will see that there are many misalignments in barrels, walls etc. I aligned enough on this map. And what's with the cement floor in the red base?! What's wrong with it? I can't find anything wrong about that.
P.S. Fat barrels?! Wtf?! It doesn't seem to afect the gameplay, so i wont change them too.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011, 04:54:52 PM »
Unwillingness to change makes you a bad mapper.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2011, 06:10:38 PM »
Lucky7: Given the sun angle, most of the map is in shadow, so the lighting looks bland, and it doesn't line up with the sun in the sky.

You're right - lots of maps have misaligned textures and brushes.  Do you want your map to be among the hundreds of maps that make people say, "This game looks like crap." and uninstall it, or do you want it to be one of the few awesome ones that does everything right?

On the cement floor, I can't tell what you're going for.  It looks like it's supposed to be rubble or something with grass growing in the middle, but the shapes are too clean and nearly symmetrical.  What are you trying to achieve here?

Fat barrels simply don't look right.  Like I said, all I could do on your map was nitpick since I haven't play tested it to find game play issues.  I just pointed out some simple things to tweak.  It doesn't take long to delete the old barrels (you can select all brushes with a certain texture) make 1 correct barrel, lock the texture (alt-L), then clone it (space) and move it to the appropriate locations.

Lucky7

• PGP
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 04:14:30 AM »
@ Spook - So what_! I am a new mapper and i didn't say that i am a good mapper...
@ Jitspoe - The players don't want a perfect looking map (btw, it should look good), they stop playing this game bcz  of the profesional players who go on the noob servers and pwn them all. That's why they stop playing this game. And you could change the game a little bit, for an example:
-Like in the forum, make ranks for players
-Make servers where people can play only as noob's and only as pro's
That would atract more players and they won't get bored of always loosing... (my opinion)