Author Topic: Need some help with Dp. =[  (Read 3343 times)

capo

• VM-68
Need some help with Dp. =[
« on: April 04, 2011, 06:47:33 PM »
uh, installed dp today on this terrible pc. This is just temporary for now but I'm having issues actually getting this game to work.

I've tried different resolutions, vid_restart, Fullscreening it, and a bunch of other stuff. First SS is not Fullscreened, and the second one IS.

This is what it shows:

Can post specs or whatever if needed.

This is the link to the page for the specifications: http://support.dell.com/support/systemsinfo/document.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=pub&~file=/systems/opgx270/en/ug/specs.htm

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Need some help with Dp. =[
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 09:53:36 PM »
tried updating your video drivers?
or are you not a local admin?

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 11:04:39 PM »
Where did you get your hardware?

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 09:30:06 AM »
the hardware shouldn't be the problem, I've played DP2 in the past with a PC with worse specs....

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 11:17:38 AM »
gl_clear 1 should give you a better indication as to what's going on in the first, it looks like the world isn't getting drawn. As for the second, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 12:56:55 PM »
tried updating your video drivers?
or are you not a local admin?

Local admin? I'd assume I am. I was playing around with it and it started to work. But when I closed out of Dp and re-opened it I couldn't solve the issue as to what I did to fix it.

gl_clear 1 should give you a better indication as to what's going on in the first, it looks like the world isn't getting drawn. As for the second, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

gl_clear 1 Cleared it up. But now it's just a black screen, lol.

Just want to play dp. =/

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 02:33:27 PM »
Have you LASTEST drivers for your graphics? If not sure, post which version you have, so maybe someone will check this out.
Have you tried to play another OpenGL game, so we can be sure, that is your PC problem or paintball bug? If not, play something (Warsaw?).
Have you tried with older builds? Try...

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 03:15:25 PM »
Have you LASTEST drivers for your graphics? If not sure, post which version you have, so maybe someone will check this out.
Have you tried to play another OpenGL game, so we can be sure, that is your PC problem or paintball bug? If not, play something (Warsaw?).

I'm pretty sure I have the latest drivers, since I can't update them AT all. The Adapter is a Integrated one which is Intel(R)82865G Graphics Controller.

And This is the only OpenGL game I've tried, and the only build I've tried was 32.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 10:05:46 PM »
What do you mean by "can't update them"? Is this the version you have of it? (if not, try it)

Also, "local admin" means your Windows user account is of the "Administrator" type, as opposed to "Power User", "Standard User", "Limited User", or "Guest".

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 06:00:36 AM »
What do you mean by "can't update them"? Is this the version you have of it? (if not, try it)

Also, "local admin" means your Windows user account is of the "Administrator" type, as opposed to "Power User", "Standard User", "Limited User", or "Guest".

Can't update them, meaning... There are no later versions for that controller. But yea, I have that one... webhead. And I'm the only one that uses this computer, and network. So yes, I am the local admin [=.

« Reason for editing: fixed formatting »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:54:29 AM by webhead »

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 08:43:22 PM »
Well?

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 09:27:37 PM »
I don't know what else to tell you.

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 09:56:18 PM »
Gah, that sucks. I just don't understand why it was working but now it's not. Hm, might try to go to build 30 and try, Idk.

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 11:18:53 PM »
I guess going to b30 worked. But I only receive like, 40 fps, most is 60, and that's if i look at a wall, lol. Haven't tried any Fps commands to boost it.

Is there any Good ones that could possibly show some type of improvement?

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 04:55:35 AM »
You should focus on reason why B32 doesn't work ...

Ignoring my help isn't good idea. Can you do it? Or it's imposible for you, to give us more informations?

Hm, might try to go to build 30 and try, Idk.
-.-

Also, you should use 'Modify' Option, instead of making double-post.

And, could you tell what graphics you have? 'Integrated chipset video or expansion AGP card' doesn't tell much.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 05:17:54 AM »
!! Offtopic warning !!

Ignoring my help isn't good idea. Can you do it? Or it's imposible for you, to give us more informations?
-.-

Who are you? God? Even though it's clear to me that you're only willing to help, your way of talking here isn't really inviting to communicate with you. Furthermore, don't forget that probably over 90% of the community isn't looking for any technical details, they just want to play. Therefore, if somebody finds a solution, in most cases they will probably not post any feedback or possible causes ;)

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 06:17:54 AM »
!! Offtopic warning !!
That wasn't offtopic..:
1. "And, could you tell what graphics you have? 'Integrated chipset video or expansion AGP card' doesn't tell much." - this is obviously not offtopic.
2."Have you tried to play another OpenGL game, so we can be sure, that is your PC problem or paintball bug? If not, play something (Warsaw?)." - again helping...
Who are you? God? Even though it's clear to me that you're only willing to help, your way of talking here isn't really inviting to communicate with you.
I'm not God, but my help is obviously good, maybe just because, i said 'check with older builds' and after week someone said 'maybe lets check with older build'. So? It's good to listen my advices. And ignoring them is stupidity... Don't misunderstand me, i just want to help, not flame you (or anyone).

your way of talking here isn't really inviting to communicate with you.
Why? Because i tell truth? I'm talking about this problem, so i don't fully understand your question. I answer and tell ideas what he should do, and he doesn't listen, so i'm getting annoyed, so, oh my god! I told him to listen to my ideas! Anything wrong about that? You can allways write essay "Why not listen to Payl".

Furthermore, don't forget that probably over 90% of the community isn't looking for any technical details, they just want to play.
So what i can do? Lets create GDB for kids? To resolve problem we need technical information.

Therefore, if somebody finds a solution, in most cases they will probably not post any feedback or possible causes ;)
I don't care, not my problem. Just want to help.

** That isn't flame. And yes, that is offtopic, which pvtjimmy started. So lets end it.