Author Topic: Qeustion about Goto in bsp  (Read 1609 times)

prozajik

• Autococker
Qeustion about Goto in bsp
« on: April 10, 2011, 05:48:42 AM »
I found in the options that there is possibility Jump in Display (Alt + J)
But it is not working for me and also not for my mate. Is it generally not working or are we doing something wrong? I would really appreciete this option because i am trying to find leak and leak search is not working either but afaik it is general problem in bsp.
PS:Also one more question is there any possiblity to change texture on all faces of brush but dont affect the alliging, scaling, rotation of faces?
Thanks

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
Re: Qeustion about Goto in bsp
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 06:02:16 AM »
1. If your leak check doesn't work, make sure you are using the latest bsp version.
2. Open the .map file with notepad, editor, etc. instead of bsp and then replace the texture.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 06:12:32 AM »
I have downloaded last version from this site so i hope yes. But the leak check doesnt work for most people (well at least 4 ppl from my clan about wom i know for sure maybe some czech bug :D ) cant it be affacted by the Windows version? Because i am using Win 7 64-bit and my mates are using Vista/7 (32-bit). Maybe it only works on XP?

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 06:15:32 AM »
Works on my Win 7 64-bit. It didnt work on one specific map on my old computer, i think it hast to do with the mapfile corrupting.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 06:21:22 AM »
Well the leak check works like 1/2 for me it finds something but it looks like ti finds just some bad brushes and not leaks that can be found in mapnam.lin. Am i right? Should leak check find leaks from .lin file?

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 06:23:07 AM »
I'm not quite sure how it works.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 07:03:51 AM »
You need to load the .lin file for the leak check. After you opened this file, you should see a yellow line in bsp. This yellow line starts from an entity and leaves the map anywhere. So you just have to look where it leaves the map through the leak and you'll find it. If you've fixed the leak but the leak warning doesn't dissappear, you have more then one leak. Do the leak check again and again then.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 09:07:17 AM »
When i try to load *.lin file, bsp map editor Stops responding i tried running it as administrator, also some compatibility modes and also bsp-sse.exe (idk what is it but just tried :P )

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 09:14:16 AM »

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 11:25:23 AM »
Wow ...its working thanks a lot chef :)