Author Topic: Dead-Man Recon  (Read 22404 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Dead-Man Recon
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2005, 06:14:58 PM »
Then make a new thread about it and go on about it there.

Hobo

• VM-68
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2005, 12:46:57 AM »
  An obvious disadvantage of not having deadtalk on is that when someone talks to you after they get shot you can't see what they say, this can also be an advantage since most of the whinning takes place by the "dead". Most of the time what people say isn't worth reading... but it's confusing when you come into the conversation midway... not a big deal usually. Then there's the advantage the rodger wilco etc users would have, as previously mentioned. If duplicating or creating a similiar built-in voice system is out of the question maybe making it easier to use the existing programs somehow might be a good thing.  A locked team chasecam would be fine with most people I'm sure.
  Personnally I don't care if "dead" people can talk to their alive teammates. I tend to recon more than most only in hopes others will do it for me.
  The jails can be made so only one team spawns in them, for example the map routes (a great map btw) has 2 jails, one for each team, and people in jail can shoot out into the live area.  If you want to turn pball jails into more of a jump game then make 2 jails. (or 4 or whatever)
  Basically, I like deadtalk on, deadteamtalk can go either way.  If people use deadtalk for recon then all will see it and hopefully play accordingly.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2005, 01:54:26 PM »
Deadtalk should only apply to team chat.  If that's not the way it's working, I need to fix it.

Also, there is an option for locked chasecam.  I think that should be on for matches, but it doesn't really matter in public play.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2005, 01:16:23 AM »
MMMMM I must interject. :)

meh alot to seh......

l8ter....when I have time.

Derrek

• Stingray
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2005, 08:10:10 AM »
MMMMM I must interject. :)

meh alot to seh......

l8ter....when I have time.

BAHAHahahahaha.....

A warning from Loial of a pending reply...  Like he really needed to warn us that *that* was going to happen...hehehe ;)

-Derrek

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2005, 05:28:15 PM »
  no i posted my thoughts about player coms some where else.

Der ;)

NONAME

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2005, 04:19:13 PM »
You should also remove the option to "fly around" and observe your enemies after you died--- think about tools like  teamspeak if ppl canĀ“t write ingame they can talk online!

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2005, 04:50:44 PM »
I think there should be an option for chasecam only on their team only.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2005, 06:22:01 PM »
There is.  Chasecamonly is the cvar, I think.  I should set up a match server with these settings.  "The way it should be." :)

jimmy

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2005, 11:15:23 PM »
I think you should keep it in.  There will always be people using Ventrilo or Teamspeak and if people in the game can't use it then the "voice recon" will be even better.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2005, 12:44:12 AM »
There is. Chasecamonly is the cvar, I think. I should set up a match server with these settings. "The way it should be." :)
Agreed.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2005, 10:57:55 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:09:20 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2005, 11:10:24 PM »
Revived!

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2005, 12:16:00 AM »
Good.

U first.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2005, 01:24:53 AM »
dont evarrrrrr take out recon -=[{LoL}]=-
Come on, dt, you can do better than that.  There are enough stupid people out there as it is.  We don't need people pretending, too.

Also, eiii and loial, please stop with the useless spam.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2005, 01:51:06 AM »
I will. This will be one of my last ones.

(I  hope)

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2005, 02:19:59 AM »

....enables be quiet Loial :)

BBBBuuuuutttt!!!!! its not fair. I am not newwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2005, 02:21:20 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:09:12 AM by Dirty_Taco »

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2005, 02:48:43 PM »
For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about: the ability to tell your teammates things after you've been eliminated.

Kinda like a laggy wall-hack, isn't it? :) "He's crouched behind the crates!"

In ways it's good: includes players in the teamwork even though they've been eliminated.

But at the same time it's bad: Ruins any strategic gameplay, like ambushes, and turns pb2 into more of a mindless reflex/aiming game.

Thoughts?

SO wrong. there's no 'hes behind the crate' excrement.
DP is way too fast paced for that. The ONLY way that will happen is vs newbies. Lets face it.. if you wanna move the scoreboard, you don't camp. I can't remember the last time I recon'd "hes behind the crate" or "hes under so and so" because DP moves way too fast for the guy to still be there by the time you've received the recon and gone all the way there. (unless you're playing newbies)

recon = TEAMWORK.
if you think it helps you like a wallhack then I'm sorry to say but YOU sir are one of those 'newbies' who sit and hide, and are getting killed for not moving.

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2005, 02:51:03 PM »
I'm tired of seeing all these responses from players who NEVER MATCH.
What's the point of feedback from them? They have NO CLUE what goes on in a match.
Hobo -- So what you think people whine after you kill them in a PUB, and dont want to see what they say?
No one cares about pubs. You can mute people cant you? Go mute a whole pub and play happily. No need to ruin the game for the rest of us just because you're emotionally shattered by someone saying OMGZ NICE CHEATZ D0o0D.