Author Topic: Dead-Man Recon  (Read 22410 times)

loial21

• Autococker
Re: Dead-Man Recon
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2005, 07:16:27 PM »
Another thing I dont understand is why if your that godo of a player/ team why would you not want to handicap your selfs, in the intrest of leveling the playing fields. Really who wants to match e33rt (because they are good) or cheating clans. Expand or shrink your mind to that of a new player.  More to come. GTG

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2005, 07:46:50 PM »
You have the mentality that the best situation is a psuedo-level playing field for all, to provide the most competition. I have the mentality towards crushing people as badly as is humanly possible. This idea caries over to pretty much any kind of competition i'm in.. I want to win.. and win by as much as I can. The playing field _is_ even to begin with. I don't want a handicap to make things even. Competition doesn't interest me when I know that I'm better.. so what's the point of giving the other guy a chance? Reminds me of when I use to play pretty high in the SuperChampionship division of Texas Tennis... I was always taught that when you play someone of lesser skill, beat them as badly as you can. Don't ever handicap yourself, go all out and devestate them. Some people have a much more competitive nature than others, and clearly this is such a case...

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2005, 10:06:47 PM »
LoL.

You like tennis. Kool I used to be good when I was age 10-21 in 82'-93'. I was ranked in 28 at 13 (lower "A" bracket) in San Antonio playing out of Thousand Oaks Country Club USTA. Yeah crushing your enemy is fun for how long? Dont you get bored? Not as of yet. Ok anyway good to see rich kids still play tennis. :)

Justin+Hedge

« Reply #81 on: Today at 07:46:50 PM »    Quote
You have the mentality that the best situation is a psuedo-level playing field for all, to provide the most competition
Dude thanks. The most competition is all I want. Let the Lord of Chaos Reign. Btw dont backlash on me for likeing BAIN"S BUM BETTER.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 02:50:30 AM by loial21 »

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2005, 12:45:21 AM »
Another thing I dont understand is why if your that godo of a player/ team why would you not want to handicap your selfs, in the intrest of leveling the playing fields. Really who wants to match e33rt (because they are good) or cheating clans. Expand or shrink your mind to that of a new player.  More to come. GTG

so you're telling us to get worse? LOL
did you even think before you wrote that? =/

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2005, 02:36:57 AM »
Another thing I don't understand is why if your that Good of a player/ team why would you not want to handicap your selfs, in the intrest of leveling the playing fields. Really who wants to match e33rt (because they are good) or cheating clans. Expand or shrink your mind to that of a new player. More to come. GTG

No, not get worse, don't be obtuse. Is "get worse"  good English grammer?

Really, nice ignore tactic, In none of my comments, did I suggest that you get worse. How could your team be worse by adding or removing a feature. You will adapt and win. Or not.

Let The Lord of Chaos Reign in this Battle,

Loial

*edit
No, Digi I kill before i think, sorry.

** Will try harder.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 02:58:58 AM by loial21 »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2005, 09:16:31 AM »
'Get worse' is proper English grammAr, loial. And he's right. You did suggest that one team lower their skill to that of another, which is ridiculous. A team wins a match because they're better. If the two teams are EXACTLY the same, then it will be a matter of one or two points.

And you might not be the lord of chaos so much as the lord of chaotic grammar.

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2005, 11:35:05 AM »
Another thing I don't understand is why if your that Good of a player/ team why would you not want to handicap your selfs, in the intrest of leveling the playing fields. Really who wants to match e33rt (because they are good) or cheating clans. Expand or shrink your mind to that of a new player. More to come. GTG

No, not get worse, don't be obtuse. Is "get worse"  good English grammer?

Really, nice ignore tactic, In none of my comments, did I suggest that you get worse. How could your team be worse by adding or removing a feature. You will adapt and win. Or not.

Let The Lord of Chaos Reign in this Battle,

Loial

*edit
No, Digi I kill before i think, sorry.

** Will try harder.

HAHAHAHAHAH. Please don't EVER again speak to me about grammAr or any use of the english language. I'm pretty sure everyone here agrees that what you speak isn't really even classified as english. More of a mix between english and a couple foreign languages.

Also, you DID say that.
you said to 'handicap' ourselves to make it easier for other teams. So you either meant 'get worse' or you want us to blindfold ourselves when we play or something. Why dont YOU just get BETTER? Isn't that how things usually work? When someone is better then you at a sport, do you practice and get as good as them? Or do you break their legs and win because of their handicap? If that's the way you want to win, I feel bad for you. It's clearly possible to beat us, if we can play like this. You don't need any special handicaps. I was never gone easy on when I wasnt as good, and thats why I got better. No one else got any special handicaps. Going easy on you would just make you feel good, you wouldn't actually be better.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2005, 03:49:25 PM »
Oh dear,

I was suggesting and not clearly enough ,that perhaps adding new features (impact nades)and getting rid of old features (ghost reconing)  which not just you but alot others players and even my clan seems to be against. I see them as a leveling the playing field, so would a automatic BFG but that is another story in a different q2 mod.
Yeah the grammar commnt was my only chance to show the forum what it feels like and to perhaps to get a laugh since my articulation is almost that of a retard :)  hugs and thanks for not flaming on me.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2005, 06:17:32 PM »
And you might not be the lord of chaos so much as the lord of chaotic grammar.
haha

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2005, 06:32:19 PM »
Giving players things that take away skill do 'level the playing feild', but then again, so does allowing all players to viewgib.

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2005, 07:11:42 PM »
Giving players things that take away skill do 'level the playing feild', but then again, so does allowing all players to viewgib.
...or giving everyone a wallhack. :P

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2005, 07:16:44 PM »
How does giving or takeing a weapon/feature take away raw skill? The only thing your doing is changing battle senarios, not removing or adding raw skill.

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2005, 07:19:28 PM »
Be hones, it sucks when you get hit by a grenade that someone tossed not knowing if he would hit anything.
Thats not skill, that's luck.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2005, 08:06:07 PM »
Yeah, but the grenade's aren't really meant to do that, and it rarely works. The person was actually probably throwing it there because he knew someone would be there, which isn't skill, but strategy. If he just randomly threw a grenade and hit you, yes, that's luck, but there's an aspect of luck in all games. That can't be removed.

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2005, 08:42:42 PM »
Loial21, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2005, 11:13:10 PM »

Thanks, Blitz thats a lot comming from you. :) That was the nicest thing you have ever said to me, ever *tears up. What is not rational about implementing new weapons and removing old features and how is doing so not fair and more fun? Something new would be nice and fun. But I guess, that if Jitspoe changed a dam thing regarding weapons and recon that the whole community would excrement on him till it was shoulder high. Like Bob says "Pathetic" . Is this game so important? no. Will change be good? yes. Now dear forum I have in the past and do now apologize, yet again for insulting your intelect with ..."blah blah blah, not fair..blah" . What I am really disappointed in is the level of maturity in regards to this. Teach dint taunt. Show me in your own words why MY LOGIC is flawed on this. I'm not perfect, if I am wrong I say sorry. I deserve better than..."your stupid loial" :)

Blitz, also thanks for the old public servers it was fun. You can call me Loial or stupid donkey,  the "21" is part of the tautology bud.

Flame off, for now. :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2005, 12:03:13 PM »
Back on topic:

One thing I'm really curious about is why this behavior is highly frowned upon and considered cheating by just about every other gaming community in existance, but here it's encouraged.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2005, 12:17:26 PM »
Billy Madison...niiiice!

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2005, 06:37:44 PM »
Back on topic:

One thing I'm really curious about is why this behavior is highly frowned upon and considered cheating by just about every other gaming community in existance, but here it's encouraged.
Here here!!