Author Topic: Dead-Man Recon  (Read 22421 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Dead-Man Recon
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2003, 05:51:31 PM »
The jail depends on the map maker.  One of the new maps I'm working on actually has a way to escape the jail if you can do the jumps. :)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2003, 05:24:25 AM »
i vote for 1

and, to fix your problem plaz, someone could write some sorda script so the more people there are, the bigger the map. (arenaball 5v5????)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2003, 05:24:44 AM by eiii »

Lunatic_

• PGP
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2003, 07:10:05 PM »
Escape the jail...now thats what im talking about  :D

and about dead-man recon. I get to into the game and don't even read it half the time, it just distracts me. And I don't know if the match servers still have that spam excrement, but when you have complete idiots in obs spamming the merryest excrement. Same with your team mate doing idiotic spamming recon. All it does is distract people from the game and they get owned. So i personally wouldn't mind them taking dead-man recon out of the game all together.

Oh, and I like the censor thing, quite interesting :p
« Last Edit: September 09, 2003, 07:11:48 PM by Lunatic »

Anrkist

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2003, 03:00:36 AM »
Jailbreak.. ahh those were the days.

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2003, 11:26:35 PM »
how about making it so you just cant chat when your dead? i mean your only dead for 1 min so its not like that means you can never chat unless you suck.

Anrkist

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2003, 12:06:48 AM »
Good, we wont have to hear Excalibur speak on the servers any more!!!

Xile

• VM-68
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2003, 11:32:37 PM »
I think the escaping the jail idea is somewhat a cool idea, because if you have to try to escape a jail that would probably take the amount of time till you respawn anyways. Just can't make it linked to the level or people will camp the exit, unless u put it to an unreachable height. Yeah, is like jailbreak, but that mod was hella fun anyways :D

Also the no-talk during death is a good idea, make a spectator talk mode where only the dead people can see what the dead people are typing and the alive people are typing. But the alive people can only see what the alive people are typing.

2 posts, so you might not take me seriously, but those are my opinions :D

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2003, 12:29:52 AM »
well jailbreak was a mod done by team reaction the ones that also did gloom and qpong you should look them up they are a great mod making team the oldest out there.

ok on another note the jailbreak idea i love it. it should be when you get good at a set jail map you can get out in like 25 secs or so. that way if you suck you can learn the jail and learn to get out faster and try and get better by playing.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2003, 08:51:11 AM »
You can escape from the jail in junkyard.bsp by cyko... if you're an alright jumper =]

Xile

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2003, 10:48:02 AM »
Yeah, but it wont be so easy when there are people shooting at you in the jail haha
If your right by the exit and get hit your not gonna have time to exit it again. So should it be team only escaping like jailbreak where u have to work as a team to exit? Or be a co-team battle jail? Or how about the mapper be able to choose one of those options?

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2003, 04:52:51 PM »
how about you mix jail break with paintball just ask team reaction if they will let you use the jail break code and make like a jail break but instead of rail guns and shot guns you get paintball guns.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2003, 12:21:03 PM »
You can already do jail break in pb2.  There just aren't any maps for it.

Also the no-talk during death is a good idea, make a spectator talk mode where only the dead people can see what the dead people are typing and the alive people are typing. But the alive people can only see what the alive people are typing.
There's also a server-side option for that.  It doesn't stop people from using roger wilco or some other external program to communicate though.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2003, 12:27:38 PM by jitspoe »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2003, 03:13:05 PM »
what's the server option?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2003, 10:12:25 PM »
"deadtalk"

It's actually turned off by default (can't see what dead people type).

Brewsky

• Stingray
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2003, 07:35:32 AM »
if you black out my screen ill punch you in the nuts.
cable makes this came too easy, i propose we all go back to
dail up.  
-Brew

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2003, 05:55:03 PM »
::) ::) ::)

No, dialup's still too fast...

21k!!!

:P

Derrek

• Stingray
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2005, 01:44:36 PM »
ok....jail break sounds ok.  I dont like the idea of melding two different mods together, no matter how cool Jailbreak is (I wish people still played that mod).

The point of the game is paintball.  Don't make it so that it becomes something it's not.

I started thinking about it.  The thing that is the most annoying about the 'no dead speak' being enabled is that people try to talk to you without realizing that you can't hear them, or that you can't reply until the end of the round (depending on who is the one that is dead).

Now,  Jit made a 'team say' change color depending on which team you are on.  This seems to help identify who the person is speaking to(whether it is to their team or the world).  This is good for teams to be able to communicate and plan an attack on the enemy.(live recon)

Why not do the same with the dead?  sure, they cant speak with the rest of the world, or much less their own team, but at least they will know who they are speaking too and whether 'no dead speak' is enabled or not.

And dont make it a forced thing.  Let the admins decide if it should be enabled or not.
Make it so that if 'no dead speak' is enabled, then the dead will talk in a different color the usual.

-Derrek

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2005, 03:01:05 PM »
actually, admins CAN decide to switch it on or off with
"st deadtalk 1" and "set deadtalk 0"

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2005, 04:53:33 PM »
That's what the [ELIM] before your name is supposed to designate, basically like the *Dead* in CS (or whatever it is they use).  You should be able to "cvar_get deadtalk" to see what it's set to.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2005, 06:08:24 PM »
Jitpoe I like derreks Idea. Again I hate to use Americas as another annoying point of reference but there communications is awsome. Im not going to go into detail about how much better it is than what we have here but...