Author Topic: New Map - The Siege University  (Read 23602 times)

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
Re: New Map - The Siege-University
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2011, 11:53:32 AM »
Yeah, but for the correct sized barrel it's still 1.0x1.0 :P

Seems that we meant two different situations.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2011, 11:44:49 PM »
yes i think so. Shall i change the barels in the low way to 48-unit ones? Because they are 64-units witdth(is it right spelled?).

Mhh i just attach the newest version(that one i took the screenshots out), but i isnt the b3 but there are already many changes... The real b3 will take some time more because i have to change sth that has to do with the lightning(so i need a final.compile) and i decided to replace some teleporters to new ways/tunnels etc. Don´t wonder why the .bsp has got the name "university_b3Lanapha..." I took a final compile of what i had at this moment, in order to test it on a LAN-Party.

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2011, 10:22:46 AM »
Shall i change the barels in the low way to 48-unit ones? Because they are 64-units witdth(is it right spelled?).
I'd say yes. Btw. I fixed the tutorial yesterday, if you want to copy them from the .map file.

In my opinion the entries are a lot better than before. And nice to see that you added clip brushes at the fence.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 10:49:27 AM by Chef-Killer »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2011, 08:15:01 PM »
Well, if you keep the low area, I'd use something different for the ramps - it looks bad to just cut a crate at an angle.  I think there are some half-height crates down there that need to be aligned as well.

I don't think the new teleports on the outside of the building are that useful...  They just seem a bit weird.

I put b3 up on the beta server.  It would be nice if you just kept the filenames simple (mapname_b#.bsp).

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2011, 04:57:05 AM »
it wasn't supported to be the real b3, its just an alpha-version. but thx. I will replace the teleporter outside with a tunnelsystem between the entries. What texture should i use for the ramps? One of the wizwood-textures? If u see it as b3 ok, then the b3 i wanted to do will be b4.  8)

BETA 4 is finished :D

I called it now b4. What i changed is explained in the attached screens. Enjoy! (sry 4 doublepost but i can only make 8 attaches.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:50:31 AM by Rockyar_96 »

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2011, 11:36:38 AM »
Here the remaining screens. I took some together so it aren´t tooo much attachs  ;D
As I said croach i meant crouch, sry...
Because of the splitscreens the context is a bit messed up.
Furthermore i don´t mention in screen10 that the room u can see there is too bright. I have to change that.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2011, 07:44:30 PM »
Uploaded the latest alpha to the beta server.  From the screenshots, it looks like you're already aware of the overlapping brushes bug next to the flag.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
Re: New Map - The Siege University - beta 6
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2011, 11:35:05 AM »
Beta 6 is ready :D
I know i didnt publish beta 5 here but i attach it to this post, if anyone wants to see it.

New:

-fixes(some texturemissallignments/clip-brushs etc.)
-a new doublejumpway from the outside
-added some models
-some spawn-modifications
-you can climb up from the downway up to the corridors now.(added ladder under the blue stairs)
-added "teamnumber" "2" to the trigger_multiples so only the offending team is able to open the func_door_rotatings.(based on new feature of build 33)
-maybe some more i forgot because of the long time between the betas :D

Got some problems while uploading the .bsp, so here the link.
http://www.file-upload.net/download-3662316/university_b6.bsp.html

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
Re: New Map - The Siege University - beta 7
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2011, 01:06:13 PM »
although nobody seems to be interested in my map, here the latest beta b7. I created a few new textures, a shield-texture and 75%-transparent metal-textures(i used the standard textures and made them transparent ;) ). If u want to post feedback please do it NOW. This could be the last beta, so i need ur support. thx

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3753441/university_b7.bsp.html
 U can grab the textures here. http://www.otb-server.de/wbblite/thread.php?threadid=2700&sid=&page=7

Just ignore the german ;)

jE

• Stingray
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2011, 11:15:09 PM »
why don't you make a zip file or something and put your map and textures here...it's easier :D

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2011, 11:14:46 AM »
For any reason i´m not able to upload anything here so i made a .zip and uploaded it on file-upload.net.
http://www.file-upload.net/download-3758349/uni_b7.zip.html

jE

• Stingray
Re: New Map - The Siege University - beta 7
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2011, 11:25:19 AM »
better:P i can't download from otb site...and i have an acc there:/ my ISP is just mean...maybe

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
Re: New Map - The Siege University - beta 9(LAST BETA!!)
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2012, 04:10:18 AM »
Beta 9 is ready. Final version will come soon!!!

Download: http://www.file-upload.net/download-4724299/university_b9.bsp.html

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
Re: New Map - The Siege University - Final
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2012, 01:02:34 PM »
FINAL RELEASE!
So here is the final. Looking back it was worth all work I put into the map.  

Enjoy, Have Fun :)

PS: Here is demo showing me walking around the map, presenting the different passages to you.

PS: sry for my jumping skills :)

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:53:49 AM by Rockyar_96 »

old22s

• PGP
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2012, 08:20:26 PM »
Nice work Rockyar_96!

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2012, 05:25:36 AM »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2012, 05:02:46 PM »
Ok, there is one thing you really need to fix -- the GIGANTIC picture textures.

A) There's no way they need to be THAT big.
B) The large version should be in the HR4 directory, and there should be a 1/4 resolution in the regular texture directory.
C) All texture sizes should be powers of 2 (64, 128, 256, 512, 1024), otherwise they'll get scaled and reduce the quality, increase load times, and increase memory usage.
D) Why are they all grainy/low definition?

Fix all the texture sizes, THEN you can call it final. :)

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2012, 02:15:45 AM »
The problem was, that for wally the textures must be dividents of 16 and I had real big problems with this already. The quality is so low, because I had to transform the colors to the colors wally is using. That hr4 problem got also something to do that I just couldn't manage to get the textures in the right resolution. This also causes that they couldn't be smaller, because the resolution would have been messed up again. I see what I can do, but in fact I had enough of these textures the moment I finally managed to include them in the map. :/

I just have the feeling that nobody is interested in my map, but nobody tells me why. I want to improve my mapping skills, but without feedback on the gameplay this won't be possible. So pls just give me some reasons not to play this map. But don't dare critising my work without even have tested the map.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2012, 03:44:41 AM »
rockyar with the textures just make the .wal file name it then make the picture what you want in gimp and save it to your c:game/paintball/pball/textures/pball/hr4
as a .png with the name you named the .wal file
or you could just find a good one on google or something and change the size and stuff.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: New Map - The Siege University - b10
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2012, 05:32:07 PM »
Like deadfroggy said, the texture you use doesn't have to be the same as the one taken from wally.  You just have to use wally to generate a .wal file so the texture shows up in the editor.  I would scale the textures down to ~512.  Maybe 1024 at the absolute max.  Use those in your hr4 directory.  Then scale that one down to 1/4 the size and use it in the non-hr4 directory and to generate the .wal files.  You might have to stretch the texture in the editor to get the correct aspect ratio.